Thank You Salem

Forum for off topic and general discussion.

Thank You Salem

Postby pistolshrimp » Wed Jun 26, 2019 6:18 am

I wanted to say thank you to John Carter, Marp, Meow, and all the devs who have kept this game going for so long.

I quit Salem rather abruptly some years ago. I had been in a toxic romantic relationship for some time and I finally realized I had to put my life back together, make some changes, un-burn some bridges and what not, blah blah blah.

I was more or less just an elaborate ***** here, but I did enjoy myself. I mean it’s not like I think my presence was missed or anything but I was involved with the wiki and a couple of projects and from time to time I felt just a twinge of guilt when I thought about having left everything so suddenly.

I know this forum is dead. This post is more cathartic than anything else, but recently I kinda wanted to make my peace with Salem.

It’s going to sound stupid but when I went back to school I changed my major to GIS (Geographic Information Systems). I can’t entirely credit Salem with that decision but playing with Salem’s map/world made me question what was possible to do with maps and tickled an interest I didn’t even know I had. In the grand scheme of things it may not mean much but lately I’ve wanted to say thank you.

-----------------

PS. My character woke up naked, alone, base in ruins, and with hypothermia. I look forward to rebuilding my base and perhaps the occasional ***** here on the forums.
pistolshrimp

Re: Thank You Salem

Postby Nsuidara » Wed Jun 26, 2019 7:01 am

Welcome back red shrimp xD
\(*o*)\ Praying in the Marp Church may reduce the time for update /(*o*)/
Nsuidara
Customer

Postby Taipion » Wed Jun 26, 2019 9:36 am

Welcome back!

- you need a HS to log out, staying online gives you insanity over time that will kill you

- try the salem discord, quite not as dead as this forum https://discord.gg/3TUztz (you will need to ask a mod (green) to give you rights to talk)

- you might want to try my client, going through all the features will keep you entertained for a good bit ;) http://forum.salemthegame.com/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=20661
Need something? Here is my Shop (Including some useful info for new/returning players at the bottom of the first post)
Taipion

Postby Ronch » Wed Jun 26, 2019 6:04 pm

Welcome back.
Players returning to play again after years away, says a lot about Salem.
Reviresco wrote:I log into this game and have fun.
Ronch

Postby Judaism » Wed Jun 26, 2019 8:38 pm

Not that ugly shrimp again 8-)

Good to see you back and having your **** together!
JohnCarver wrote:Mortal Moments Inc. is not here to cannibalize the community or piece out the code. We are not here because we wish to institute pay to win models or PvE servers. Quite the contrary.
Judaism
Customer

Postby Nikixos » Wed Jun 26, 2019 10:21 pm

Taipion wrote:Welcome back!

- you need a HS to log out, staying online gives you insanity over time that will kill you

False, as always.
Image Image
Nikixos

Postby Rifmaster » Thu Jun 27, 2019 2:36 am

Nikixos wrote:
Taipion wrote:Welcome back!

False, as always.

I think the HS was supposed to be short for HomeStead but that's kinda confusing.
Rifmaster

Postby pistolshrimp » Thu Jun 27, 2019 6:35 pm

I appreciate the welcomes and support. Thank you.

Taipion wrote:you might want to try my client, going through all the features will keep you entertained for a good bit ;) http://forum.salemthegame.com/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=20661

Just made the switch. Not going to lie - being able to zoom out and the mini-map ctrl click switch gets me hard. Still checking out the other features. Impressive work. When I have some more time I have some questions to ask you about it.
pistolshrimp

Postby Heffernan » Thu Jun 27, 2019 9:20 pm

pistolshrimp wrote:I appreciate the welcomes and support. Thank you.

Taipion wrote:you might want to try my client, going through all the features will keep you entertained for a good bit ;) http://forum.salemthegame.com/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=20661

Just made the switch. Not going to lie - being able to zoom out and the mini-map ctrl click switch gets me hard. Still checking out the other features. Impressive work. When I have some more time I have some questions to ask you about it.

if u need anything to start out call :)
Heffernan

Postby Taipion » Thu Jun 27, 2019 9:36 pm

pistolshrimp wrote:I appreciate the welcomes and support. Thank you.

Take your time, I always appreciate feedback, especially from people who are able to read, you would not believe how many people miss the CTRL-switch on the minimap even though it's one of the first things on the feature list and I always tell everyone to read that stuff. :lol:

You can find me on the salem discord: Samir#0203

[edit]:
Regarding the features, even though there are some way more complex or powerful in that client,
the one feature that did the most emotional response yet was:
- changed "sort by gobble value" to sort by colour first, then by value
Whereas the climax of that were 3 different high end players quoting that line in combination with "I love you!", seriously. :oops: :D
Need something? Here is my Shop (Including some useful info for new/returning players at the bottom of the first post)
Taipion

Next

Return to City upon a Hill