Bloodmoon

Forum for off topic and general discussion.

Bloodmoon

Postby akpeters678 » Sun Feb 17, 2019 7:32 pm

Whats the point of Bloodmoon? I gained 5 levels of madness in the past hour. So I guess Bloodmoon is just a mechanic to get people to stop playing when it's out?
akpeters678

Re: Bloodmoon

Postby Taipion » Sun Feb 17, 2019 9:33 pm

akpeters678 wrote:Whats the point of Bloodmoon? I gained 5 levels of madness in the past hour. So I guess Bloodmoon is just a mechanic to get people to stop playing when it's out?

That's not entirely true, and you only gain 2 lvls if you are online when it appears, but yes, for a new player these 2 lvls are already unfortunate.
Need something? Here is my Shop (Including some useful info for new/returning players at the bottom of the first post)
Taipion

Postby Memento » Mon Feb 18, 2019 1:21 am

akpeters678 wrote:Whats the point of Bloodmoon? I gained 5 levels of madness in the past hour. So I guess Bloodmoon is just a mechanic to get people to stop playing when it's out?

That can not be the reason. People stopped playing many MOONS ago.
Memento

Postby akpeters678 » Mon Feb 18, 2019 1:25 am

Taipion wrote:

That's not entirely true, and you only gain 2 lvls if you are online when it appears, but yes, for a new player these 2 lvls are already unfortunate.

Yep, gained 2 right away, but have 5 now. And I was only playing for, maybe, an hour.
akpeters678

Postby Borendoun » Mon Feb 18, 2019 2:08 am

The passive insanity gain during Bloodmoon is not that strong. You must have just been doing one of the activities that increase insanity during said Bloodmoon.

https://salemthegame.wiki/page/Insanity
Borendoun

Postby Taipion » Mon Feb 18, 2019 2:09 am

akpeters678 wrote:
Taipion wrote:

Yep, gained 2 right away, but have 5 now. And I was only playing for, maybe, an hour.

You do not gain 3 lvls in 1h, BM or not, and it seems you do not even get more passive insanity during a BM than otherwise, and if you do, it's too little to tell, at least I have not heard anyone say otherwise.

If you gained 3 more lvls in 1h then you must have done something to actively increase you insanity/madness like studying blood shards or something like that.

[edit:]
idk how "new" you are, but this thread leads me to think you are rather new, so here's something you can do about this:
- make an alt if you have not done so already, you should have at least 2-3 alts even as a newer player for various tasks and specializations, so you can leave your main logged out and not gain more madness
- get yourself some sort of madness reduction, this includes: teddy bear (easy/cheap), a set with enough affluence to enter the den (like 200-250 affluenece or so, easy really with geodes), do some trade order and get yourself a lvl 2 necklace (not soooo easy)
I'd not recommend tobacco for a new player as it's expensive to reduce madness to zero as it's less efficient the lower your madness is, and well, you won't have anything from that if you gain madness again unlike an affluence set or a teddy bear.
Need something? Here is my Shop (Including some useful info for new/returning players at the bottom of the first post)
Taipion

Postby akpeters678 » Mon Feb 18, 2019 2:44 am

Yes, I'm aware of the things that cause insanity. None of which I did, or was doing. I had 0, BM +2. Then I swear to god, I played for less than an hour and I now have 5. I'm not sure why, I've been playing an alt for a few hours now and I'm only gained 1 this entire time. Doing all the same things my main was doing.
akpeters678

Postby Ronch » Mon Feb 18, 2019 3:43 am

What could have also caused the addition increase beyond the BM could be a hangman's tree spawned close to your location, it is an exploration event in the game.
You can find more info about the exploration event(s) on the game's wiki here:
https://salemthegame.wiki/page/Exploration_Events

If you do not have a character that can loot yet, then the best thing you can do to stop the dramatic increase would be to chop down that tree as soon as possible.
...But, if one of your characters can loot, then click on the man hanging from the tree and select the lewt option.
The loot that does drop from this particular event is valuable in various different ways, keep it to turn in to the King for IOU points, or sell it to another player for a price still well above 1k silver each.
Or just give it to me and I'll dispose of it properly for you.
Reviresco wrote:I log into this game and have fun.
Ronch

Postby LudotoKuche123 » Mon Feb 18, 2019 8:05 am

maybe u wear medusa mask :D
LudotoKuche123

Postby akpeters678 » Mon Feb 18, 2019 1:51 pm

Ronch wrote:What could have also caused the addition increase beyond the BM could be a hangman's tree spawned close to your location, it is an exploration event in the game.
You can find more info about the exploration event(s) on the game's wiki here:
https://salemthegame.wiki/page/Exploration_Events

A tree had spawned near my home. Thanks.
akpeters678

Next

Return to City upon a Hill