carver. if you're busy for dev. just wipe and let us play.

Forum for off topic and general discussion.

Re: carver. if you're busy for dev. just wipe and let us pla

Postby Judaism » Mon Jan 28, 2019 6:11 am

a wipe on its own is fairly pointles,furthermore I must admit that over the years I have slowely become more in favour of a wipe, mainly due to a saturated market and too large bases, alongside insane stats and skills. That said, it would be extremely unfair for the people who have been playing from the start. tldr it would only be a temp fix, however a wipe after 5+ years is not a bad thing in my personal opnion at this point, there really is not much to be lost and I can fully understand that some people do not wish to join a very old server, as it takes quite a long while to catch up in comparison.
JohnCarver wrote:Mortal Moments Inc. is not here to cannibalize the community or piece out the code. We are not here because we wish to institute pay to win models or PvE servers. Quite the contrary.
Judaism
Customer

Postby TheDuke86 » Mon Jan 28, 2019 11:40 am

Judaism wrote:a wipe on its own is fairly pointles,furthermore I must admit that over the years I have slowely become more in favour of a wipe, mainly due to a saturated market and too large bases, alongside insane stats and skills. That said, it would be extremely unfair for the people who have been playing from the start. tldr it would only be a temp fix, however a wipe after 5+ years is not a bad thing in my personal opnion at this point, there really is not much to be lost and I can fully understand that some people do not wish to join a very old server, as it takes quite a long while to catch up in comparison.

Great intention but honestly until raiding gets fixed the same **** will happen. A noob can jump on, make a Tclaim. 2-3 layers of brick with torches and they are protected against 90% of the player base. The only ones that would really have the ability to raid effectively is just a select few. And out of them most don’t like raiding.
WWJCD; What Would John Carver Do!
-The Duke
TheDuke86

Postby Chrumps » Mon Jan 28, 2019 1:17 pm

Wiping Providence would remove last few long term players left. It would be a wrong move.
On the other hand I would wholeheartedly support restart of Concord with a new map or otherwise, just for the sake of letting people have some fun. But AFAIK Concord prizes were not handed out yet, so little hope there.
Chrumps

Postby Heffernan » Mon Jan 28, 2019 2:10 pm

TheDuke86 wrote:
Judaism wrote:a wipe on its own is fairly pointles,furthermore I must admit that over the years I have slowely become more in favour of a wipe, mainly due to a saturated market and too large bases, alongside insane stats and skills. That said, it would be extremely unfair for the people who have been playing from the start. tldr it would only be a temp fix, however a wipe after 5+ years is not a bad thing in my personal opnion at this point, there really is not much to be lost and I can fully understand that some people do not wish to join a very old server, as it takes quite a long while to catch up in comparison.

Great intention but honestly until raiding gets fixed the same **** will happen. A noob can jump on, make a Tclaim. 2-3 layers of brick with torches and they are protected against 90% of the player base. The only ones that would really have the ability to raid effectively is just a select few. And out of them most don’t like raiding.

if you have a single brickwall and a few braziers and check every few hours you are even protected against 100% of the playerbase, heck me and "that thing" have towns on each others towns with brickwalls and few braziers and prove u cant raid them.
Heffernan

Postby Nsuidara » Mon Jan 28, 2019 7:55 pm

Wipe the world myself will not do anything.
H&H got wipe, bc they change "core" thinks in engine server...

Remember... Salem don't have developer/programmer :P

Salem for first need fix and upgrade city management...

edit. ~10 blazer (here some pure) + ~20 torches = for one shot = remove around 460 biles (black,red)
\(*o*)\ Praying in the Marp Church may reduce the time for update /(*o*)/
Nsuidara
Customer

Postby TheDuke86 » Mon Jan 28, 2019 8:50 pm

Agreed. Raiding is broken as such there is no drive to play. Not to mention when the year or two when raiding was super broken, it allowed many people to build unstoppable fortresses.
-The Duke
TheDuke86

Postby gorniksam » Mon Jan 28, 2019 11:46 pm

TheDuke86 wrote:A noob can jump on, make a Tclaim. 2-3 layers of brick with torches and they are protected against 90% of the player base. The only ones that would really have the ability to raid effectively is just a select few. And out of them most don’t like raiding.

or till you idiots stop paying own bell and pclaims
gorniksam

Postby TheDuke86 » Tue Jan 29, 2019 9:45 am

gorniksam wrote:
TheDuke86 wrote:A noob can jump on, make a Tclaim. 2-3 layers of brick with torches and they are protected against 90% of the player base. The only ones that would really have the ability to raid effectively is just a select few. And out of them most don’t like raiding.

or till you idiots stop paying own bell and pclaims

Salvaging a base that people no longer play on isn’t raiding:/ Or real raiding to more spacific. Or what we are talking about. You play a game that is fun, if you are not having fun then you playing something else. That easy. The issue I had was reach end game, build alts, raid. If you have everything you don’t need others ****. If the raiding is unbarably boring then it compounds the lack of desire to play as the end game is wack.

A simple fix would be wipe and roll back raiding changes pre-tea. The wipe would bring many people back, and the pre-tea raid change would retain them. Just my opinion. I’m sure I’ll get the itch to play, but other games have more attention currently.
-The Duke
TheDuke86

Previous

Return to City upon a Hill