frontier flux help needed

Forum for off topic and general discussion.

frontier flux help needed

Postby voidy2 » Tue Jun 26, 2018 1:47 pm

someone diseased me in providence while I was doing a trade and now I cant find any columbine is there anyone out there with the paste or the flower that can help me please?
voidy2

Re: frontier flux help needed

Postby voidy2 » Tue Jun 26, 2018 2:06 pm

Chrisis averted I found that i'd got like 6 growing at my claim.

But I feel I need to add that its a pretty spiteful thing to do to just to some random player and not one that will encourage new player growth, I'd already decided that I would'nt make a new character if I died, tis just to much hassle to start from a new.
voidy2

Postby Taipion » Tue Jun 26, 2018 2:34 pm

This game is not meant to be easy, especially at the beginning, disease is not a difficult part though, and a cheap mask would protect you.
I doubt someone diseased you on purpose, you probably got infected by standing too close to some of the dead bodies, and even if so, just get a mask and be done with it (or berry juice).

Also dying and "making a new char" is an integral part of this game,
you may very well just do base building and character development, and with a bit of luck never lose a character, but not without missing many parts of this game.

If that is already too "much hassle" for you, then maybe Salem is not for you, go play some easy game instead. ;)
Need something? Here is my Shop (Including some useful info for new/returning players at the bottom of the first post)
Taipion

Postby Zapt13 » Tue Jun 26, 2018 2:52 pm

Incidentally, it's much easier to have secondary characters under development with access to your claim (with keys, master copies, etc) BEFORE you die. I find it's actually satisfying to bring up a secondary once in a while to consume all of the things I get to hoarding.
Re-enter your signature!
Zapt13

Postby Nikixos » Tue Jun 26, 2018 8:17 pm

also you can plan your estate at the cemetery and bury your corpse which can get you a % of your skills and humours back
Image Image
Nikixos

Postby voidy2 » Wed Jun 27, 2018 10:33 am

Cheers guys, good valid info. Don't know why I've never thought of giving keys to a secondary toon.

I was actually trading with someone in one of the little hovels when another person walked in, within a few seconds I started coughing and I had the disease popup thingy. My friend was ok because he had a mask on and also ran out as soon as it became apparent what was happening.

On a side note Is there not a way to clear up the town of corpses? Once again I don't think it gives off the right messages to new players....
voidy2

Postby Chrumps » Wed Jun 27, 2018 1:06 pm

It is so heartening to see older players giving newbs sincere words of comfort and hope. Good job guys.
Though, giving master keys to an alt, planning estate, using a plague mask are good practices, diseased or not.

I would only add that if you manage to keep your char warm during coldsnap, even if disease bar is full, you can keep your biles full by eating. You will not die unless you KO.
You can find columbine in Providence, even durng coldsnap, if you search the bright-green biome using forage mode.
Chrumps

Postby Taipion » Wed Jun 27, 2018 2:26 pm

One note to disease though, make sure you really have the one you think it is.
Taking the wrong medicine reduces the chances of curing with the right one,
I never heard of someone overdoing it and being unable to be cured though. ^^
Need something? Here is my Shop (Including some useful info for new/returning players at the bottom of the first post)
Taipion

Postby voidy2 » Thu Jun 28, 2018 2:47 pm

yeah I read that whilst doing of the research.
voidy2

Return to City upon a Hill