random qustion how much net dose this game use?

Forum for off topic and general discussion.

random qustion how much net dose this game use?

Postby monkeybee11 » Sun May 06, 2018 2:14 pm

soooo random qustion howmuch net dose salem use?
just found out u can emulate java programs for android and bc im more offten out side then at my pc thort it woud be a way to play for a bit

but woud like to know how much network is attcherly used when playing the game bc ive only got a limmited mobile data each mounth so woud be nice to know weather to test it at the end of the mounth or not when it woudent matter howmuch network im using :D
monkeybee11

Re: random qustion how much net dose this game use?

Postby Ronch » Sun May 06, 2018 6:02 pm

You can play and experience the game and have fun without progressing very far in Salem, I did.
(not spending much time in it)

But, if you want to progress your character and your base in the game while not remaining vulnerable, it will take a lot of time, ritually.
Initially exploring the map and building your Homestead in the game will take a lot of your time.
Building your character's humors and skills will take even more of your time, a lot more of it.
Maintaining or working what you've built and practicing your professions will take a lot of online time too.

This game is going to take a lot network time.
Once you have progressed in the game, you also do not want to be in a situation where you cannot log into it.
I would feel safe in that situation if I could play and still keep/reserve an 'extra 20 hours' of network time for an in-game emergency.
It is a survivor game in every sense of the word.
Reviresco wrote:I log into this game and have fun.
Ronch

Postby ZoddAlmighty » Sun May 06, 2018 6:39 pm

Ronch wrote:You can play and experience the game and have fun without progressing very far in Salem, I did.
(not spending much time in it)

But, if you want to progress your character and your base in the game while not remaining vulnerable, it will take a lot of time, ritually.
Initially exploring the map and building your Homestead in the game will take a lot of your time.
Building your character's humors and skills will take even more of your time, a lot more of it.
Maintaining or working what you've built and practicing your professions will take a lot of online time too.

This game is going to take a lot network time.
Once you have progressed in the game, you also do not want to be in a situation where you cannot log into it.
I would feel safe in that situation if I could play and still keep/reserve an 'extra 20 hours' of network time for an in-game emergency.
It is a survivor game in every sense of the word.

He is asking about mobile data usage, not time required to play it effectively.
Your elaborate advices are completely useless as always Ronch :)
ZoddAlmighty

Postby Ronch » Sun May 06, 2018 6:46 pm

ZoddAlmighty wrote:He is asking about mobile data usage, not time required to play it effectively.

I see, so you think data use is not time related for online games, okay.
Reviresco wrote:I log into this game and have fun.
Ronch

Postby ZoddAlmighty » Sun May 06, 2018 7:24 pm

Ronch wrote:
ZoddAlmighty wrote:He is asking about mobile data usage, not time required to play it effectively.

I see, so you think data use is not time related for online games, okay.

Data use is what it is. Data use.
Guy has probably a low end mobile plan with less than 5gb of data usage per month.
Now, you can spend those 5 gigs in half an hour or extend it for a full month.
He specifically asks how much data salem spends so he could see if its viable playing on his phone without being on wifi.
Your reaponse is clueless like usuall.
ZoddAlmighty

Postby Chrumps » Sun May 06, 2018 7:40 pm

Before this thread gets locked because of being full of useless nonsense I can say my laptop ate some 1.2- 1.5 GB in 6-8 hours of playing.
This is hardly any reliable result in reference to the game itself, because this was measured on ISP side and I cannot tell if windows was not downloading another copy of self in that time.
But nonetheless if gives some idea what you should expect.
Chrumps

Postby ZoddAlmighty » Sun May 06, 2018 7:49 pm

Chrumps wrote:Before this thread gets locked because of being full of useless nonsense I can say my laptop ate some 1.2- 1.5 GB in 6-8 hours of playing.
This is hardly any reliable result in reference to the game itself, because this was measured on ISP side and I cannot tell if windows was not downloading another copy of self in that time.

Thank you, that is the answer the OP was looking for.
ZoddAlmighty

Postby Chrumps » Sun May 06, 2018 8:20 pm

Chrumps wrote:... being full of useless nonsense

ZoddAlmighty wrote:

cough
Chrumps

Postby monkeybee11 » Sun May 06, 2018 10:13 pm

Chrumps wrote:Before this thread gets locked because of being full of useless nonsense I can say my laptop ate some 1.2- 1.5 GB in 6-8 hours of playing.

ok thx think ive got like 5GB a mounth or something like that of mobile network mainly use it only for pokemon go so never really needed a lot of data

so if it dose use 1.2-1.5 GB of data with in 6-8hrs im sure it will be harmless to test the game on my phone/tablet just to see if the java emulator will play the game
monkeybee11

Postby GigiBecali » Mon May 07, 2018 11:21 am

Are you telling me I can play Salem on my tablet?
HS: conopida
Spleen on discord and Salem
GigiBecali

Next

Return to City upon a Hill