Everything i expected and more

Forum for off topic and general discussion.

Everything i expected and more

Postby semomonkey » Thu Nov 15, 2012 11:26 pm

Hello people of the internet!

I'm new to Salem and these forums so i thought i'd introduce myself. Since there is no introduction forum i'll just post it here. I have played H&H so that is definitely helping me understand the game.
Though there is a lot of new stuff i need to explore more and i am really enjoying myself doing so. Let me share my little adventure so far.

I got lucky at the start! Or did i? I met a guy from the same country as me so we decided to team up. Both still looking for leafs to get survival skill. We got lucky and found two leanto together that where not claimed. It had some rocks and old logs with it so we made it our camp. So we went hunting to get some silver going. We didn't know how and got ownd by crickets and bunnies. Good times. He logged off for the night and i decided to check a tutorial on hunting. I managed to get 19 bunnies skins and 11 crickets that night. I felt good and called it a day.

The next morning all my skins where gone from the frames. All 19? rly? That doesn't even fit in your basic inventory!! Then my buddy came walking over and he was wearing a leather cape. I MADE SOME MONEY! he happily yelled at me. So where did my skins go then? They got stolen he answered. Right... So we started hunting again for the 150 silver. I managed to convince him to give me all the crickets to sell and made 150 silver. I teleported to the city, ended the kinship and got myself a claim scroll. Didn't i tell you i got lucky? yeah well i still had the free teleport to the wild since we just walked out of town and found some leantos. TBH even tho he robbed me of my skins i felt rly bad ditching him. I'm not rly like that but i am not letting some 17 year old kid walk all over me. Good luck to you where ever you are.

So i teleported to a random location and started walking in search of a better future. A place where my mates would not rob. And i found it!
I met a group of people who where working together and they where happy to have me a a neighbor. I settled south of them about 1 min walk and i've been doing great! Trading all kinds of stuff and helping each other out is really good fun. Got a cheap backpack for 80 silver and even got an iron bolder for free! I cant smelt iron ore yet but still! Thats a nice welcome gift!!

All in all i'm rly having fun on my 4th day of salem. I tasted the good and the bad and i love it all. Sure i ragequit when a snake bites me when i just log on. The game can be brutal at times. But thats all part of the fun!

Good job guys! And i dont only mean the devs! Its players who make a game like this really great! Thank you.
Last edited by semomonkey on Fri Nov 16, 2012 6:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
semomonkey

Re: Everything i expected and more

Postby Dallane » Thu Nov 15, 2012 11:28 pm

good to see you like it. sounds like u had alot of action so far lol
Please click this link for a better salem forum experience

TotalyMeow wrote: Claeyt's perspective of Salem and what it's about is very different from the devs and in many cases is completely the opposite of what we believe.
Dallane

Postby Mushibag » Thu Nov 15, 2012 11:30 pm

Awesome! Thanks for sharing, it was quite entertaining. :)
Mushibag

Postby staxjax » Thu Nov 15, 2012 11:31 pm

I remember I stole a iron boulder once a long time ago. I could not do anything with it as well, so it just sat there for weeks and weeks and weeks...hell it would probably still be there if that world didn't get wiped :/
Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most - Ozzy Osbourne

Confirmed retards: Nimmeth, Claeyt, MycroSparks
staxjax

Postby Sevenless » Fri Nov 16, 2012 12:52 am

Nice to see someone having fun with the game take time out to come to the forums and write about it. 99% of these gameplay posts have been from the haters so far.
It's been neat to see the evolution of a game. Salem has come so far, and still has far to go. Although frustrating, I think it's been an experience worth the effort.
Sevenless

Postby colesie » Fri Nov 16, 2012 1:48 am

Mushibag wrote:Awesome! Thanks for sharing, it was quite entertaining. :)

Dallane wrote:good to see you like it. sounds like u had alot of action so far lol

The Coles Crusaders™ welcome you.
Beep Boop Bop
My builds (Under Occupation)
Have you given haven a try? ◕‿◕
colesie

Postby semomonkey » Fri Nov 16, 2012 7:09 am

Sevenless wrote:Nice to see someone having fun with the game take time out to come to the forums and write about it. 99% of these gameplay posts have been from the haters so far.

Well the way i see it. The real gameplay starts when you meet other people. So 99% of the game IS other people!

What will they do?

steal?

give?

trade?

You just don't know until you see them taking your skins.

<3
semomonkey

Postby TotalyMoo » Fri Nov 16, 2012 2:26 pm

Happy to see you like the game. Welcome to Salem!
I never managed to figure out something clever for my signature on Paradoxplaza, and I doubt I'll do it here either.

"ur a mod till u shwo ur a admin"
TotalyMoo

Return to City upon a Hill