Antifa

Forum for off topic and general discussion.

Re: Antifa

Postby DarkNacht » Fri Aug 25, 2017 6:14 am

TotalyMeow wrote:Then I wonder why so many mainstream leftists, especially those in the media, are either supporting the actions of antifa directly by what they say, or supporting them more indirectly by just reporting them as 'protesters' and such? Trying to downplay just how extreme they are? And the views of antifa aren't as extreme as you seem to think in the sense that there ARE a lot of mainstream leftists who might not be actively getting violent, but they definitely have the same ideas. I had someone I thought was a fairly moderate left winger call me a Nazi on Facebook and THEN go on a tirade the other day just because I said I thought it was wrong for people to form a mob and tear down a confederate statue, that it should be done legally through a vote by the local populace who are paying taxes on said monuments. And I thought "We shouldn't mob, we can vote" was a fairly middle of the road opinion, politically.

DarkNacht wrote:Most people see anyone on the opposing side as an exaggerated caricature making comprise impossible and making anyone on their side of center, no matter how extreme or corrupt, look reasonable by comparison.
DarkNacht

Postby Forungi » Fri Aug 25, 2017 7:29 am

I swear to god, if Antifa shows up in my hometown I will go ham on them.
Forungi

Postby Shadow86 » Fri Aug 25, 2017 5:46 pm

Forungi wrote:I swear to god, if Antifa shows up in my hometown I will go ham on them.

My guess is if you live in America, they are already your neighbors...They like ticks and fleas man, they everywhere!
Shadow86

Postby Dallane » Fri Aug 25, 2017 6:45 pm

Forungi wrote:I swear to god, if Antifa shows up in my hometown I will go ham on them.

If you are near a major city then it's a good bet they are already there. I see them all the time here if I ever have to go downtown. Don't have your hair short btw else you will be labeled as a nazi. This 4real happened to me a week ago when I was at the alamo.

I'm about to start dressing in black just so I can grey man around these wackos.
Please click this link for a better salem forum experience

TotalyMeow wrote: Claeyt's perspective of Salem and what it's about is very different from the devs and in many cases is completely the opposite of what we believe.
Dallane

Postby Forungi » Sat Aug 26, 2017 3:34 pm

Dallane wrote:
If you are near a major city then it's a good bet they are already there. I see them all the time here if I ever have to go downtown. Don't have your hair short btw else you will be labeled as a nazi. This 4real happened to me a week ago when I was at the alamo.

I'm about to start dressing in black just so I can grey man around these wackos.

I'd rather keep my short hair and be labeled a nazi than grow it out and be labeled a ***** *****.
Forungi

Postby Rifmaster » Wed Aug 30, 2017 10:47 am

I'm actually amazed that nobody so far has taken a gun and shot a bunch of them. I'm not saying that's the solution, but you'd think someone would eventually snap and go crazy on their asses. Or have they simply been avoiding places where that is likely to happen? I thought americans all had guns and liked shooting people...
Rifmaster

Postby Dallane » Wed Aug 30, 2017 4:29 pm

Rifmaster wrote: I thought americans all had guns and liked shooting people...

We do but a vast majority of us are responsible gun owners despite what the screaming clays try and claim.
Please click this link for a better salem forum experience

TotalyMeow wrote: Claeyt's perspective of Salem and what it's about is very different from the devs and in many cases is completely the opposite of what we believe.
Dallane

Postby Father Latour » Wed Aug 30, 2017 6:55 pm

There was that man that was shot outside the Milo Yiannopoulos speech at University of Washington back in January. Not a bunch though, no.
Father Latour
Customer

Postby Heffernan » Wed Aug 30, 2017 8:28 pm

Dallane wrote:
Rifmaster wrote: I thought americans all had guns and liked shooting people...

We do but a vast majority of us are responsible gun owners despite what the screaming clays try and claim.

dont forget movies, Hollywood makes it sound like you take your M60 and a Tank to the Grocery Store
Heffernan

Postby TotalyMeow » Wed Aug 30, 2017 9:04 pm

Heffernan wrote:dont forget movies, Hollywood makes it sound like you take your M60 and a Tank to the Grocery Store

Yeah... movies will also tell you that EVERYTHING explodes at the slightest provocation, that getting shot pretty much anywhere but the head or heart isn't a big deal and won't actually kill you in minutes, that you have to be read your rights on arrest or they have to let you go or something, that a 'silencer' actually silences a gun, that people moving from the city to the country pretty much always buy a gigantic old house that needs fixing up (I find that one really weird, and it's everywhere), that you'll actually explode if exposed to vacuum, that working people who neglect their families do it because they they have to finish the next big project or presentation that they must invest all their time into when reality is more like a lot of little projects, deadlines, and mostly useless meetings that just grind you down over time, and a plethora of other stupid, insane, ridiculous, or just completely and obviously wrong tropes they repeat over an over again. I wouldn't get my information about the world from movies, if I were you. :lol:
Community Manager for Mortal Moments Inc.

Icon wrote:This isn't Farmville with fighting, its Mortal Kombat with corn.
TotalyMeow

PreviousNext

Return to City upon a Hill