Are all Americans retarded?

Forum for off topic and general discussion.

Re: Are all Americans retarded?

Postby TotalyMeow » Thu Aug 24, 2017 2:53 am

Dallane wrote:I've also worked 4 10s on previous jobs.


I did this once and it was awesome. The other engineers were shocked I volunteered Wednesday as my day off. They thought we'd be fighting over the Monday and Friday off days. But I liked the two short weeks in one.

Forungi wrote:I'm not American and I work 50 hours per week minimum so plz get out of here.

You gotta put in the work if you want to be something.


This. I don't know where Groovydog is from or if he's even working yet or maybe he has no ambition, but generally, if you want to move up in a company or profession, you have to put more than the minimal effort in.
Community Manager for Mortal Moments Inc.

Icon wrote:This isn't Farmville with fighting, its Mortal Kombat with corn.
User avatar
TotalyMeow
Site Admin
 
Posts: 3651
Joined: Thu Jun 05, 2014 8:14 pm

Re: Are all Americans retarded?

Postby Dallane » Thu Aug 24, 2017 3:06 am

TotalyMeow wrote:
Dallane wrote:I've also worked 4 10s on previous jobs.


I did this once and it was awesome. The other engineers were shocked I volunteered Wednesday as my day off. They thought we'd be fighting over the Monday and Friday off days. But I liked the two short weeks in one.


When I came back from my last business trip they had me working monday-thurs 10 hour shifts. It was amazing to get the entire weekend + friday off. I've had my days off in the middle of the week before also and they are really nice as well. Working weekends isn't that bad at all. Tons of down time and tons of time to catch up on work.
Please click this link for a better salem forum experience

TotalyMeow wrote: Claeyt's perspective of Salem and what it's about is very different from the devs and in many cases is completely the opposite of what we believe.
User avatar
Dallane
Moderator
 
Posts: 14403
Joined: Wed Aug 01, 2012 2:00 pm

Re: Are all Americans retarded?

Postby Lazun123 » Thu Aug 24, 2017 5:50 am

TotalyMeow wrote:
Dallane wrote:I've also worked 4 10s on previous jobs.


I did this once and it was awesome. The other engineers were shocked I volunteered Wednesday as my day off. They thought we'd be fighting over the Monday and Friday off days. But I liked the two short weeks in one.

Forungi wrote:I'm not American and I work 50 hours per week minimum so plz get out of here.

You gotta put in the work if you want to be something.


This. I don't know where Groovydog is from or if he's even working yet or maybe he has no ambition, but generally, if you want to move up in a company or profession, you have to put more than the minimal effort in.


You are an American with a true American work ethic. :)
WWJCD
User avatar
Lazun123
 
Posts: 524
Joined: Thu May 29, 2014 7:52 am

Re: Are all Americans retarded?

Postby Heffernan » Thu Aug 24, 2017 7:41 am

TotalyMeow wrote:
Dallane wrote:I've also worked 4 10s on previous jobs.


I did this once and it was awesome. The other engineers were shocked I volunteered Wednesday as my day off. They thought we'd be fighting over the Monday and Friday off days. But I liked the two short weeks in one.

Forungi wrote:I'm not American and I work 50 hours per week minimum so plz get out of here.

You gotta put in the work if you want to be something.


This. I don't know where Groovydog is from or if he's even working yet or maybe he has no ambition, but generally, if you want to move up in a company or profession, you have to put more than the minimal effort in.


doesnt apply if ur a woman with huge tits in america, theres no effort.
User avatar
Heffernan
 
Posts: 7644
Joined: Mon Sep 08, 2014 3:07 pm
Location: Marps Closet

Re: Are all Americans retarded?

Postby GroovyDog » Thu Aug 24, 2017 1:23 pm

I'm not going to add anything more. I have already told you that I don't mooch off the government or anyone else. You find it difficult to believe that someone thinks differently, unless they are a loser in your eyes. I am also by far, not a child. The fact that Lazar123 considers himself a "benefactor" of the world is thoroughly laughable; the sort of ego inflation must have some serious roots.

Overall, I see that while people here are advocating 50+ work weeks they also enjoy 3 days off and shorter weeks. Is there something inconsistent in this?

The point of this post was really to show disappointment (and most of the thinking world shares it) in the opinions, prejudices and mental laziness that I witnessed looking through this forum. It is replete with juvenile bouts of jingoism, generalizations and hubris. The tiny country where I reside was once a superpower and an economic power house (for that matter, it is still doing well), in fact it started the first international corporation in the world... oh and founded New York city. The reason why people think differently here and value things differently is probably because of historical perspective. Something that Americans on the whole, seem to lack entirely - more strikingly, even those with higher education. Then again, what can you expect from sales people.

For the record, I didn't study any ***** degree but molecular science, am 30 and I'm trying to cut it as a freelancer. I know it's not easy.

Before you completely embroil yourselves in bashing the raghead immigrants who are utter animals and can not appreciate the gift of democracy or you lament how BLM and the liberals are creating non-existent problems, consider this:

"We have for nearly a quarter of a century been receiving several thousand xxxxxxxxx annually among us. We have given them land — almost for nothing; employment at far better wages than they could have obtained at home; and political rights equal to those which are enjoyed by the sons of the best and noblest Americans. They have come to us steeped in ignorance and superstition; we have let them have their priests and their churches, and when fanatic Protestants have tried to disturb them, we have resisted it, and have successfully protected them in what we believe to be a mistaken course. They have so behaved themselves that nearly seventy-five per cent of our criminals and paupers are xxxxxx; that fully seventy-five per cent of the crimes of violence committed among us are the work of xxxxxx; that the system of universal suffrage in large cities has fallen into discredit through the incapacity of the xxxx for self-government; yet we have never countenanced any invidious legislation against them, have never thought of depriving them of the political rights they abused, have never sought to protect ourselves against their misconduct"

Can you fill in the blank?
I'm going, my holiday is over and I realize that I forums and time-sinking MMOs are a waste of time.
GroovyDog
 
Posts: 23
Joined: Sun Aug 13, 2017 3:51 pm

Re: Are all Americans retarded?

Postby Dallane » Thu Aug 24, 2017 2:14 pm

GroovyDog wrote:"We have for nearly a quarter of a century been receiving several thousand xxxxxxxxx annually among us. We have given them land — almost for nothing; employment at far better wages than they could have obtained at home; and political rights equal to those which are enjoyed by the sons of the best and noblest Americans. They have come to us steeped in ignorance and superstition; we have let them have their priests and their churches, and when fanatic Protestants have tried to disturb them, we have resisted it, and have successfully protected them in what we believe to be a mistaken course. They have so behaved themselves that nearly seventy-five per cent of our criminals and paupers are xxxxxx; that fully seventy-five per cent of the crimes of violence committed among us are the work of xxxxxx; that the system of universal suffrage in large cities has fallen into discredit through the incapacity of the xxxx for self-government; yet we have never countenanced any invidious legislation against them, have never thought of depriving them of the political rights they abused, have never sought to protect ourselves against their misconduct"


Comparing Irish to muslims is a massive difference and you know this.
Please click this link for a better salem forum experience

TotalyMeow wrote: Claeyt's perspective of Salem and what it's about is very different from the devs and in many cases is completely the opposite of what we believe.
User avatar
Dallane
Moderator
 
Posts: 14403
Joined: Wed Aug 01, 2012 2:00 pm

Re: Are all Americans retarded?

Postby TotalyMeow » Thu Aug 24, 2017 8:42 pm

GroovyDog wrote:I have already told you that I don't mooch off the government or anyone else. You find it difficult to believe that someone thinks differently, unless they are a loser in your eyes.


Actually, no one has said you're a loser for wanting to work less. I personally never had any ambition to work more than 40 hours a week except the time I decided to buy a new car right after college and worked overtime every week until I could afford it. It's perfectly fine to have limited ambitions, as we can't all be in the upper levels of the places we work, but YOU are the one coming in here saying things like this:

I also don't see anything glamorous in working 50 hour weeks. Would you work 50 hour weeks if you could make the same money in 40? or 30? You know some people in Japan sleep at work, and don't leave their job until the boss does. Sometimes the boss leaves at 11. Sometimes they don't even go home. Is that productive?

If you are working 50 hour weeks then a) someone is ***** you i.e. paying you too little b) if your job requires focus (you're a doctor or a crane operator) then you are putting peoples lives at risk

HAHAHA "we have good work ethic in America" - like you think you are the most productive people in the workd?


You're saying that Americans having the will to work longer hours makes THEM losers in YOUR eyes because YOU find it difficult to understand how someone else can think differently from YOU. And your opinion is the only one that matters, I guess.
Community Manager for Mortal Moments Inc.

Icon wrote:This isn't Farmville with fighting, its Mortal Kombat with corn.
User avatar
TotalyMeow
Site Admin
 
Posts: 3651
Joined: Thu Jun 05, 2014 8:14 pm

Re: Are all Americans retarded?

Postby Lazun123 » Thu Aug 24, 2017 10:56 pm

GroovyDog wrote:I'm not going to add anything more. I have already told you that I don't mooch off the government or anyone else. You find it difficult to believe that someone thinks differently, unless they are a loser in your eyes. I am also by far, not a child. The fact that Lazar123 considers himself a "benefactor" of the world is thoroughly laughable; the sort of ego inflation must have some serious roots.

Overall, I see that while people here are advocating 50+ work weeks they also enjoy 3 days off and shorter weeks. Is there something inconsistent in this?

The point of this post was really to show disappointment (and most of the thinking world shares it) in the opinions, prejudices and mental laziness that I witnessed looking through this forum. It is replete with juvenile bouts of jingoism, generalizations and hubris. The tiny country where I reside was once a superpower and an economic power house (for that matter, it is still doing well), in fact it started the first international corporation in the world... oh and founded New York city. The reason why people think differently here and value things differently is probably because of historical perspective. Something that Americans on the whole, seem to lack entirely - more strikingly, even those with higher education. Then again, what can you expect from sales people.

For the record, I didn't study any ***** degree but molecular science, am 30 and I'm trying to cut it as a freelancer. I know it's not easy.

Before you completely embroil yourselves in bashing the raghead immigrants who are utter animals and can not appreciate the gift of democracy or you lament how BLM and the liberals are creating non-existent problems, consider this:

"We have for nearly a quarter of a century been receiving several thousand xxxxxxxxx annually among us. We have given them land — almost for nothing; employment at far better wages than they could have obtained at home; and political rights equal to those which are enjoyed by the sons of the best and noblest Americans. They have come to us steeped in ignorance and superstition; we have let them have their priests and their churches, and when fanatic Protestants have tried to disturb them, we have resisted it, and have successfully protected them in what we believe to be a mistaken course. They have so behaved themselves that nearly seventy-five per cent of our criminals and paupers are xxxxxx; that fully seventy-five per cent of the crimes of violence committed among us are the work of xxxxxx; that the system of universal suffrage in large cities has fallen into discredit through the incapacity of the xxxx for self-government; yet we have never countenanced any invidious legislation against them, have never thought of depriving them of the political rights they abused, have never sought to protect ourselves against their misconduct"

Can you fill in the blank?
I'm going, my holiday is over and I realize that I forums and time-sinking MMOs are a waste of time.


Laughable for me yet you must find it aggravating knowing it's true.

All I hear you say is "we once were" which is exactly my point, you are now irrelevant as with your country. All your country is now is a burden on the United States. You sit there on your high horse sneering at your life support. Symptoms of having it good at others expenses. This is why your weak minded and poor work ethic people will never be relevant again, your weak and ignorant stayed behind while the people with true worth immigrated to my country. Your nothing but another jealous Euro who didn't have the guts to make a change for the better.

Ha! Freelance really means unemployed lol, so your leeching off the government instead of your parents. Coming from somebody who is self motivated, quit being a ***** and put in some work if you want to make a real living. I promis you, when you earn your own keep you'll feel some pride, instead of feeling worthless.

I mean *****, your last statement is an example of how lazy you are, you left out the key points of your rambling. For what, dramatic effect, naw just to lazy and afraid to be disproven again. I'll make things perfectly clear for you, I don't dislike Euros, and unlike some people I love legal immigrants. What I find painfully idiotic is ingrates like you who rather then work to make a better world, will sit on their lazy asses and ***** and bicker while enjoying the fruits of others labor.
WWJCD
User avatar
Lazun123
 
Posts: 524
Joined: Thu May 29, 2014 7:52 am

Re: Are all Americans retarded?

Postby Forungi » Fri Aug 25, 2017 7:25 am

If I don't work 50+ hour weeks then how will I be able afford to fuel my addictions?

Check mate atheists
Forungi
 
Posts: 670
Joined: Tue Jun 23, 2015 3:31 pm

Re: Are all Americans retarded?

Postby MaxPlanck » Fri Aug 25, 2017 7:30 am

You don't need to spend money on Salem to fuel that addiction. Just work less hours and play more hours. That's how you win at life.
User avatar
MaxPlanck
Customer
 
Posts: 730
Joined: Fri May 17, 2013 3:20 pm

PreviousNext

Return to City upon a Hill

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests