Are all Americans retarded?

Forum for off topic and general discussion.

Re: Are all Americans retarded?

Postby Lazun123 » Mon Aug 21, 2017 7:32 pm

Claeyt wrote:
Lazun123 wrote:America rules the world. We are the dominate military power, economy, and influencential entity. So how dose it feel to be dominated by a bunch of "retards":)


Economy:

Although we do dominate the wold in military spending and use of our military we haven't been in the top 10 in economy in a long time.

We're 20th right now in GDP per capita and standard of living. When adjusted so as to remove the top 1% of wage earners our average income falls below almost all of Western Europe, Japan, and South Korea plus all the smaller states with tons of wealth (Singapore, Switzerland, Luxembourg, Monaco etc...). We have greater wealth disparity than all of them.

More important than that we also have fallen behind most other modern economies in our ability to change income brackets from what we are born into. Currently you have a better chance of becoming wealthy in FRANCE if your parents were middle class or poor than you do in the United States. The American Dream is dead.

On top of all that our GDP is exaggerated due to 'financial services' dominating large sectors of our economy. If adjusted to include most other indicators such as production, agriculture (which we also dominate), trade in goods, energy and debt BUT NOT FINANCIAL SERVICES we fall into the list around 34th for adjusted GDP.

We still dominate in innovation and new technologies but Total foreign patents passed Total American patents in 2008 and the disparity has increased yearly since. We dominate in software and medical patents but things like renewable energies and battery science are now dominated by Europe and China. China, Japan and Germany now dominate us on Solar and Wind production and these are the techs of the future that will build better economies.

CULTURE:

It's debatable if we still dominate the world in culture. Music, Movies and Television production is now more international. Americans are watching more international shows, music and movies than 20 years ago. Other indicators of "Culture" such as video games, tourism and language have also fallen in comparisons. Yes, English is still growing increasingly dominate internationally but more non-immigrant Americans now speak Spanish than ever before per capita and 20x more Americans speak Chinese since 1990.

Tourism to America is way down and up elsewhere. Europe passed us for tourism per capita after the Cold War.

Military:

America absolutely dominates the world militarily. No one else is able to project power like the American military. We spend more than the next 11 countries combined on our military and are able to use it wherever and whenever we want. Unfortunately that usually means we do. There's a reason we can't afford a National Healthcare.

Most non-Americans don't really understand how integral the American Military is to our country and are stunned when they see it being trained in America. The military is ever present in America. Even simple things such as our VA system, Veteran Political Gropus and Veteran of Foreign Wars community centers have no real comparison in most foreign countries. No other country has anything like the military culture of the United States and it can sometimes be disturbing both to us living here and those abroad.

The percent of members of the American Congress who were in the military peaked back in the 70's at nearly 75% but it's still huge today at 20% compared to other modern Democratic industrial states without mandatory military service. The fall off is of course due to the retirement of WWII veterans and those who served during the draft.


TLDR
WWJCD
User avatar
Lazun123
 
Posts: 543
Joined: Thu May 29, 2014 7:52 am

Re: Are all Americans retarded?

Postby Lazun123 » Mon Aug 21, 2017 7:36 pm

GroovyDog wrote:You? HAHAHA Take a look at this map. Most of your Govt money is from Cuckifornia. You know, the place where jews, muslims, mexicans and communists live?

Image


Your argument is invalid, as it dose not deny the fact you are being dominated by the US. Oh your welcome btw, for the US keeping you safe:)
WWJCD
User avatar
Lazun123
 
Posts: 543
Joined: Thu May 29, 2014 7:52 am

Re: Are all Americans retarded?

Postby Claeyt » Mon Aug 21, 2017 8:43 pm

Lazun123 wrote:TLDR


Lazun123 wrote:Your argument is invalid, as it dose not deny the fact you are being dominated by the US. Oh your welcome btw, for the US keeping you safe:)

Well then here's some TV for you to watch so that you don't have to learn how to read anything more than a tweet:

Why America is no longer the greatest country in the world.
User avatar
Claeyt
 
Posts: 5166
Joined: Mon Dec 24, 2012 4:02 pm

Re: Are all Americans retarded?

Postby MaxPlanck » Mon Aug 21, 2017 8:59 pm

"Politics" :arrow: "Trash Can"
User avatar
MaxPlanck
Customer
 
Posts: 992
Joined: Fri May 17, 2013 3:20 pm

Re: Are all Americans retarded?

Postby Lazun123 » Mon Aug 21, 2017 9:01 pm

Claeyt wrote:
Lazun123 wrote:TLDR


Lazun123 wrote:Your argument is invalid, as it dose not deny the fact you are being dominated by the US. Oh your welcome btw, for the US keeping you safe:)

Well then here's some TV for you to watch so that you don't have to learn how to read anything more than a tweet:

Why America is no longer the greatest country in the world.



A country being great is all based on opinion. I care even less of the opinion of a propagandist. Not talking about you clay, when you don't vomit all over your key board, I rather enjoy reading what you say. I'm talking about what you linked. It is a fact that we have the most powerful military on earth and with it comes influence. Which again we are the leading super power on earth. So it must hurt Groovy to know he is living in the shadow of a bunch of "retards".
WWJCD
User avatar
Lazun123
 
Posts: 543
Joined: Thu May 29, 2014 7:52 am

Re: Are all Americans retarded?

Postby Kia » Mon Aug 21, 2017 9:14 pm

GroovyDog wrote:Now I understand the choice of president..."

Not all of us voted for this..... this.... I'll be kind.... jerk. Pity we had such poor candidates to choose from. ;-)
I will admit to seeing more asinine comments and actions from people who claim to be from the USA when playing online games than any other country.
Personally I never hold any country responsible for the actions of the people who live there in online games.
We can find genuine friendships from all over the world. I know I have.
User avatar
Kia
 
Posts: 42
Joined: Sun Apr 24, 2016 12:01 am

Re: Are all Americans retarded?

Postby Claeyt » Mon Aug 21, 2017 9:42 pm

Lazun123 wrote:A country being great is all based on opinion.

No... It is based on fact and reason.

Lazun123 wrote:I care even less of the opinion of a propagandist. Not talking about you clay, when you don't vomit all over your key board, I rather enjoy reading what you say. I'm talking about what you linked.


The message of the link isn't propaganda. That you aren't able to recognize that is a denial of fact and reason. Look instead to the message of the clip, "We must first acknowledge the problem." The problems described can be solved.

Massive incarceration is a result of 50 years of a drug war that we have lost. Income inequality is a result of Reaganomic's obscene tax structures and offshored profits AND Clinton's 'New Liberalism' offshoring of jobs without fair labor and environmental regulations between trading partners. Why are we doing so much worse than Germany and Japan when it comes to dealing with the new economy we live in; because they invested massively in modernizing their industry and educating their population FOR the new economy. This included massive investments in a non-oil based future for energy and massive investment in free tech and work based educational opportunities for their companies and workers. We have to many lawyers, defense contractors and financial institute guys. They have to many coders, welders and alternative energy engineers.

Lazun123 wrote:It is a fact that we have the most powerful military on earth and with it comes influence. Which again we are the leading super power on earth. So it must hurt Groovy to know he is living in the shadow of a bunch of "retards".


Yes we have the biggest (and most technologically advanced) military and are able to project force and threat throughout the world but NOBODY is following us anywhere. WE ARE NOT LEADING, we are alone. No country will follow Trump into any war.
User avatar
Claeyt
 
Posts: 5166
Joined: Mon Dec 24, 2012 4:02 pm

Re: Are all Americans retarded?

Postby Lazun123 » Mon Aug 21, 2017 10:32 pm

Dear Clay,

The true context of what we are talking about is what country is the greatest i.e. greatest to live in. Which is subjective to the individual which again boils down to opinion. When I say we have the most powerful military that has every existed, that is a fact as you can count the military personal, war machines/arms and years of active combat experience. That is a fact.

Everything you have listed i agree with to an extent. This country needs work as dose every nation. That being said we are still the Dominate superpower on earth. So despite the issues we have, and in Groovys words being filled with "retards", we still are the leading power of the world.

You are incorrect again in context of the US not leading. We recently intimidated North Korea and gathered the support of super powers to make it happen. The world knows Trump is head of state for 4 years, no country is going to risk relations with the worlds most powerful nation over a 4 year temper tantrum. Only ones that short sided is Antifa and BLM.

Here is my idea, i say we pull back support on little country's like Groovys, stop useing our military to be the worlds police. Let them kill each other as they have done for 1000s of years while we enjoy our McDonalds and big screen TVs.
WWJCD
User avatar
Lazun123
 
Posts: 543
Joined: Thu May 29, 2014 7:52 am

Re: Are all Americans retarded?

Postby GroovyDog » Mon Aug 21, 2017 10:38 pm

HAHAHAHAHAHAA You think US marines are keeping the peace on European streets? Yes, I am just waiting for the water convoy.
GroovyDog
 
Posts: 23
Joined: Sun Aug 13, 2017 3:51 pm

Re: Are all Americans retarded?

Postby Lazun123 » Mon Aug 21, 2017 10:49 pm

GroovyDog wrote:HAHAHAHAHAHAA You think US marines are keeping the peace on European streets? Yes, I am just waiting for the water convoy.


So you guys haven't had perpetual war for 1000s of years amongst each other? Also considering how weak your armed forces armed forces, you should be thanking us we keep the real threats at bay. So your welcome:)
WWJCD
User avatar
Lazun123
 
Posts: 543
Joined: Thu May 29, 2014 7:52 am

PreviousNext

Return to City upon a Hill

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests

cron