Compelled Speech in Canada

Forum for off topic and general discussion.

Re: Compelled Speech in Canada

Postby rustles » Tue May 23, 2017 5:33 pm

Dystopia.
rustles

Postby Ghoul » Tue May 23, 2017 6:09 pm

I haven't really watched this hour long dry as hell discussion of the bill in the senate, but after I do I will inform you all whether or not this amendment can actually be misinterpreted the way people are fearing. I think the main issue is that the law doesn't define gender expression or gender identity. It's up for interpretation.

I linked it in the OP if you feel like watching it
Realak wrote:You guys are treating this game like it is a pvp esport or something and not the retarded version of farmville it is.
Ghoul

Postby Dallane » Tue May 23, 2017 8:03 pm

Ghoul wrote: I think the main issue is that the law doesn't define gender expression or gender identity. It's up for interpretation.

Canadians cant count to 2?
Please click this link for a better salem forum experience

TotalyMeow wrote: Claeyt's perspective of Salem and what it's about is very different from the devs and in many cases is completely the opposite of what we believe.
Dallane

Postby Ghoul » Tue May 23, 2017 8:29 pm

It doesn't define what counts as discrimination towards those groups, so potentially wrong pronouns could be discrimination or hate speech.
What comes next? Is it 63? ¦]
Realak wrote:You guys are treating this game like it is a pvp esport or something and not the retarded version of farmville it is.
Ghoul

Postby Taipion » Tue May 23, 2017 8:55 pm

Well, it's one way or the other, no extreme-something political group is a fan of free speech, all want to oppress the other side for various reasons.
Need something? Here is my Shop (Including some useful info for new/returning players at the bottom of the first post)
Taipion

Postby Paradoxyc » Tue May 23, 2017 9:42 pm

Oof
Paradoxyc
Customer

Postby Dallane » Tue May 23, 2017 9:57 pm

Taipion wrote:Well, it's one way or the other, no extreme-something political group is a fan of free speech, all want to oppress the other side for various reasons.

So that makes it ok? What a cucked ass answer.
Please click this link for a better salem forum experience

TotalyMeow wrote: Claeyt's perspective of Salem and what it's about is very different from the devs and in many cases is completely the opposite of what we believe.
Dallane

Postby Taipion » Tue May 23, 2017 10:21 pm

Mhhh, looks like someones trying to oppress my free speech with unsolicited aggression and intimidation, oh no, please help! :P :lol:

Anyone in power will try to oppress free speech by either manipulating the media more or less silently (rather western approch) or an outright ban on free speech (like in Turkey).
This has the aim of keeping someone (a person, a party, ...) in power, or increase that power.

Trying to use the construct of democracy to oppress others as have been falsely stated in the OP of this thread is a far less common, but theoretically possible approch.

The core points are:
- It is bad.
- Bad people do it.
- You are likely to see extremist people (left, right, religious) do it.
Need something? Here is my Shop (Including some useful info for new/returning players at the bottom of the first post)
Taipion

Postby belgear » Wed May 24, 2017 12:49 am

While i believe in referring to people as they want or care about, I also believe people should be able to call me whatever they want or care to. Basically people need to stop being such ducking sensitive flowers
belgear
Customer

Postby Taipion » Thu May 25, 2017 12:01 pm

belgear wrote:While i believe in referring to people as they want or care about, I also believe people should be able to call me whatever they want or care to. Basically people need to stop being such ducking sensitive flowers

= I am offended by how easily offended some people are!

:lol:
Taipion

Previous

Return to City upon a Hill