so who was it now?

Forum for off topic and general discussion.

Re: so who was it now?

Postby TotalyMeow » Fri May 26, 2017 7:43 pm

Chrumps wrote:It's more like: "I have no meaningful life, no even good life prospects, no education, no job so I might as well blow up myself and bring along some crusaders"

The first part of your sentence is true of a fair number of people. Especially those trapped on welfare. Yet, you don't see them deciding that the best thing to do would be to kill themselves and murder a bunch of people, because that is not a normal way of thinking.
Community Manager for Mortal Moments Inc.

Icon wrote:This isn't Farmville with fighting, its Mortal Kombat with corn.
TotalyMeow

Postby Taipion » Fri May 26, 2017 7:57 pm

TotalyMeow wrote:
Chrumps wrote:It's more like: "I have no meaningful life, no even good life prospects, no education, no job so I might as well blow up myself and bring along some crusaders"

The first part of your sentence is true of a fair number of people. Especially those trapped on welfare. Yet, you don't see them deciding that the best thing to do would be to kill themselves and murder a bunch of people, because that is not a normal way of thinking.

There still is a subtle difference between a western person of that kind, and one you might find somewhere from the middle east to the far reaches of Pakistan.

- Westerners are in general lazy, and not afraid to die of starvation, in most countries welfare provides for a nice little bit of life even if you have "nothing", whereas in the east, "having nothing" actually means: having nothing
- Westerners tend to get at least a basic education, even if they fail miserably in life, whereas even that may not be the case for the eastern side, where it is not uncommon to find people that have never seen a school up close.
- Westerners are mostly not effected by religion at all, whereas it is an integral part on that one eastern side of the world.

There is more to it, but this is the general direction.
The product of the relevant factors is much, much higher for the eastern example, in comparison to the western one.
- poor or actually no education at all
- plus religious indoctrination
- plus actual poorness to the point of literarily having nothing
= makes for a person that is both able and willing to believe anything you tell them, especially if it corresponds with the little things that person knows (religious things), and on top of that provides both an explanation for the currently desperate situation (evil western world), and an achievable solution (suicide attack => paradise)
Need something? Here is my Shop (Including some useful info for new/returning players at the bottom of the first post)
Taipion

Postby TotalyMeow » Fri May 26, 2017 8:00 pm

Taipion, we're talking about people living in the west. Also, some of your 'points' are rather stupid. "Westerners are lazy" "They aren't religious", did you pull these out of your ass?

TotalyMeow

Postby Taipion » Fri May 26, 2017 8:12 pm

TotalyMeow wrote:Taipion, we're talking about people living in the west. Also, some of your 'points' are rather stupid. "Westerners are lazy" "They aren't religious", did you pull these out of your ass?

Oh forgive me for not reading all this.

But why are you so aggressive?

Those two points are absolutely valid:
- compare the average western person with the average (middle) eastern person, the "religious factor" is unmistakeably clear, much lower for the westerner, who does not enrage when you say/write/paint something bad about his Jesus or so.
- "lazy" may not be the right word, what I exactly meant was: "satisfied with what they have / accepted their fate, lacking the motivation to strive for more / change something", sorry for just saying "lazy" instead of that, just tried to keep it short
Need something? Here is my Shop (Including some useful info for new/returning players at the bottom of the first post)
Taipion

Postby TotalyMeow » Fri May 26, 2017 9:47 pm

You should probably go back and read the topic now. You're making yourself look foolish and you're being annoying.

TotalyMeow

Postby Taipion » Fri May 26, 2017 10:17 pm

TotalyMeow wrote:You should probably go back and read the topic now. You're making yourself look foolish and you're being annoying.

My statement was not really OT, yet you are overly aggressive, I understand managing the forums is not a nice task these days, but you don't make it easier with saying things like that.

Anyways, I step out of this discussion here, one thing less for you to read. ;)
Taipion

Postby Chrumps » Sat May 27, 2017 9:22 am

TotalyMeow wrote:

If you are looking or an easy simple explanation like it is all because of their religion you are going to be terribly wrong.
See how these people do not blow themselves on a regular basis in countries like Saudi Arabia or Iran.
Happy life, a family, someone or something to care for is enough for most people to keep it going rather than throwing a table and walking away.

There are at least a few important components in the terror business:
1) favourable conditions to accept terrorist brainwashing
- being displaced,
- being affected by one of wars
- not having a job,
- not having a family,
- knowing that some relatives were killed,
- not being assimilated,
- generally feeling to be human trash

2) being born in a culture which accepts killing other people as a way to solve problems (oh, wait ...)

3) presence of skilled recruiters who actually perform the brainwashing. Recall people being arrested after each suicide attack ? These are supposedly low rank recruiters / handlers, scapegoats anyway.

4) money, apparently a lot of money is transferred legally from Saudi Arabia to finance building and operating mosques, from that point only a little money has to be transferred to finance the illegal part. Interesting how this search returns results about financing terrorism on the first page https://www.google.pl/search?q=saudi+ar ... ng+mosques

Not accepting immigrants breaks the first condition by severely limiting population to recruit would be terrorists.
Chrumps

Postby Darwoth » Sat May 27, 2017 10:40 am

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

i always feel like i am in the twilight zone when i watch a brainwashed denizen of the european union try to defend islam with the same hilariously absurd "arguments"

"nah man, it aint cuz of islam bro its because of....."

they are poor
they are dumb
they are a "different culture"
they are unhappy
they are xyz
the country half of them have never even been to was invaded by the country they were born in.

blah blah blah, and as always in addition to the obvious fact the above list of problems would not exist for them if they spent their time doing **** other than turning their countries to ash in a battle to see who is "more" muslim it is all 1000% utter *****.

the overwhelming majority of the 8 billion people on the planet have a ****** life, most far ***** than the typical background sob story of your poor misunderstood suicide bomber and yet the only group that does this is islam, on a massive scale, over thousands of years of history, across every social and wealth class (cough cough, bin laden?) of muslim, across both major sects of islam, from every islamic country, for reasons ranging from the oft touted "war" ( :roll: again, over half of these attackers are locally born muslims) to people drawing cartoons.

ALL in the NAME OF THEIR DEATH CULT and SPREADING THE INFLUENCE OF SAID CULT as far as they can. this has NOTHING to do with ANYTHING BUT the toxic ideology that said cult teaches.

so yeah, having a bunch of negative variables may help someone leap into the abyss but without islam the abyss does not exist for them to jump into pulling all the nearby grocery shoppers with them.

edit: and yeah, no **** they "usually" do not blow themselves up in muslim countries. why would they? they want to kill non muslims.
Darwoth

Postby Chrumps » Sat May 27, 2017 12:22 pm

Darwoth wrote:blah blah blah I see a tool but I cannot see the hand
Chrumps

Postby Darwoth » Sat May 27, 2017 12:25 pm

Chrumps wrote:
Darwoth wrote:blah blah blah I see a tool but I cannot see the hand

this applies a lot more to the arguments against my general outlook than vice versa.
Darwoth

PreviousNext

Return to City upon a Hill