Mercenary a thing?

Forum for off topic and general discussion.

Mercenary a thing?

Postby Messyng » Sat May 13, 2017 11:42 pm

Hire a mercenary today ! You could employ them in various ways ! Or if you fail to, you could always blame them of your loose instead of oh because the opponent is using bugs or has more time or a bigger group.

Everyone needs silver, someone more someone less, just like irl I guess. Anyhow, I was wondering if someone who has not been recruited in Planters & Pilgrims, because they are just newbs or maybe a group has no need in so far, or because of the paranoiac thinking witch someone acquired playing that long Salem and who would blame them? We all know that you gain insanity over time.

I was wondering if someone just like The Trade-Wind would offer their services and gain or lose reputation respectively.

You ask yourself why would a new player want that? Maybe they only know that to make money they have to make savage charms, or maybe they are getting bored that every four days they have to mount the loom and clean some cotton? Meet new ppl or maybe plainly trafficking with information or just trying to infiltrate, I don't know since everyone has his own motives. As for myself I would rather be a mercenary for a hour then kill dozens of deers just to have bonemeal for farming.

I would rather patrol on a newly spawned 5biles alt the territory of types of Marinezes, then keep bothering and check that all compost bins are fully enough to produce enough humus.

And when you read House of Burgesses you long for some action and live the unexpected, witch you are not getting by living as a hermit.

As for services this would depend entirely on contractor or maybe you would have to specify what you would do and not.

And the paying? What would seem enough to afford the time? I for example would do what is required of me for a hour for 1k silver.

I searched for ''Mercenary' and haven't found similar thread.

I mean extra hand could be employed in dozens of creative ways, for instance dressing a dummy in admiral uniform with a sabre, yes it could not daunt some folks but I am sure it would still produce the desired effect.

So what are your thoughts? Could this work for players that are in such situations and not recruited by no one?

I also need to buy extra royal jelly each time I track someone since clearly 10 crickets are not enough to find a criminal and no I haven't abandoned the idea of helping the noobs who were raided. But I need moneys for a decent feasting set, stockings and maybe a TBC. Oh and an orchard to make and see how large it must be to be useful. And eventually a living barn.

Again from where came this idea in my head? Well the last game I played before Salem was Jagged Alliance 1 then 2 :)

I am not sure if it belongs in this section or other, so apologies in advance.

Hire a mercenary today ! You could employ them in various ways ! Or if you fail to, you could always blame them of your loose instead of oh because the opponent is using bugs or has more time or a bigger group.
Due to the circumstances, due to my stubbornness.
Messyng

Re: Mercenary a thing?

Postby Darwoth » Sun May 14, 2017 1:12 am

Darwoth

Postby Messyng » Mon May 15, 2017 3:19 pm

So how could this work? Obviously at begging a rookie(of ranks we should talk later) mercenary is not simply able to arrive from point A to point B at the exact time, either that he has not even a scrap of Providence map or he has no efficient means of navigation. Also an adequate character he might not have for this specific mission. To solve this issues he would need to create a new alt, but of course he has no means to raise biles sufficiently enough nor has a bank with efficient inspirationals nor competent gear witch he could need. This again could be solved that contractor upon explaining the mission gives the merc (lets abbreviate the word mercenary from now on) the tools to complete said tasks, in this case the account.

For this to work every merc must follow some basic principles to be called one instead of another thing. Witch would the following:

1. Be neutral

2. Complete your assignment

Other quirks like I do this and that no witch are different to every individual should be specific in his own thread.

And when the mission is considered complete, the reward as was specified and agreed between the parts, where it be half at begging and half at the end or whatever should be handled. The account naturally returned back, but then again the contractor might decide to better gift it. And I would add that even better would be to buy something from store to support the development of this game and avert unwanted attention towards your persona.

I see all this to help the new players/hermits that where not recruited yet, soloers, or who role plays to improve their gaming enjoyment. And also an alternative method to recruit/team up with someone that has worked with you before.

Any suggestions, critiques are welcome. I know that there are ifs, witch must be discussed to be solved and make this happen.

PS: Cool poster you've got there but mine will be cooler since I will be the judge to chose it in the next competition/event I sponsor once I get some mercenary silver.
Due to the circumstances, due to my stubbornness.
Messyng

Postby Darwoth » Mon May 15, 2017 3:36 pm

you are overthinking it.

if you want to be a mercenary you must first do the following:

1> advertise you are a merc in the trade forum

2> select a theme song such as this ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=onE43h_TUUY ) and use it in promotional material.

3> develop yourself enough to not be worthless for the **** you want to do.

lots of people buy "mercenary" type services all the time, for me they have included.

1> paying newbs to ***** people i find annoying at the time

2> paying scouts to map an area.

3> paying infiltrators to gain town access

4> paying to get access to/kill enemy faction members

doubt id ever pay for help in a raid or combat scenario since the individual is not trustworthy and would probably just get in the way anyway.

however if you can not cover your own needs/travel you are obviously a ******/newb choice to use and nobody will.
Darwoth

Postby belgear » Sun May 21, 2017 1:26 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: perfect theme song
belgear
Customer

Return to City upon a Hill