Why does daopa...

Forum for off topic and general discussion.

Why does daopa...

Postby shizuka » Tue May 09, 2017 7:11 pm

why does daopa view bot himself?
Darwoth wrote:
wtf shizuka was owning kuku by like 20 votes this morning, looks like the kzerg is cheating and zerging again
shizuka

Re: Is Salem streaming? Check here!

Postby Ghoul » Tue May 09, 2017 7:17 pm

shizuka wrote:why does daopa view bot himself?

Lol, if he does, it's probably to boost his "Sandbox-mmo" twitch community's popularity. The dream would be for everyone playing sandbox mmo's to stream on that community.
Realak wrote:You guys are treating this game like it is a pvp esport or something and not the retarded version of farmville it is.
Ghoul

Postby Dallane » Tue May 09, 2017 8:05 pm

No clue but it's hilarious. He will blame the website but when he isn't online there is the same # of people watching salem or eve every night that doesn't add up correctly. It's more obvious when he plays salem.
Please click this link for a better salem forum experience

TotalyMeow wrote: Claeyt's perspective of Salem and what it's about is very different from the devs and in many cases is completely the opposite of what we believe.
Dallane

Postby shizuka » Fri May 12, 2017 8:31 am

Ghoul wrote:Lol, if he does.

its 100% checkable. last i checked he had 13 viewers logged on (chat) for +200 present on his stream (eye icon), therefore its 100% fake as if even if there will never be all ur viewers logged on its still way more than that proportionally speaking and i doubt its someone doing that to him to bother. i just think its uncool and doenst promote salem . what games u referring to wxhen u say sandbox mmo? i checked out tree of life too, 0 presence on twitch. only saw Stardew but i dont like the graphics much and its kinda lame if ur not young enough to play =/

Dallane wrote:No clue but it's hilarious. He will blame the website but when he isn't online there is the same # of people watching salem or eve every night that doesn't add up correctly. It's more obvious when he plays salem.

if u mean the red eye, its after ur done streaming, it stays on with same number as u had in last seconds or ur stream (real or fake), while the video is processing and the broadcast isnt up yet. its unrelated to cheating or bots its the website.
Darwoth wrote:
wtf shizuka was owning kuku by like 20 votes this morning, looks like the kzerg is cheating and zerging again
shizuka

Postby Forungi » Fri May 12, 2017 8:50 am

shizuka wrote:
if u mean the red eye, its after ur done streaming, it stays on with same number as u had in last seconds or ur stream (real or fake), while the video is processing and the broadcast isnt up yet. its unrelated to cheating or bots its the website.

Actually you have no clue what you are talking about here.
If you have viewers in your channel connected to the chat, then they will be displayed with a number even if you are offline.
Forungi

Postby shizuka » Fri May 12, 2017 9:14 am

oh god. if i stream and have 500viewers, i go offluine 5 sec later its still written 500 (eye). doessnt mean 500 are connected stil or logged on or were.
and i u talking 'connected' viewers as in chat viewer when iopening the list, so what? thats not what i said
Darwoth wrote:
shizuka

Postby Dallane » Fri May 12, 2017 1:36 pm

shizuka wrote:oh god. if i stream and have 500viewers, i go offluine 5 sec later its still written 500 (eye). doessnt mean 500 are connected stil or logged on or were.
and i u talking 'connected' viewers as in chat viewer when iopening the list, so what? thats not what i said

It last like that until he starts streaming again. There is a constant 114-150 ish "people" watching him at all times.
Please click this link for a better salem forum experience

TotalyMeow wrote: Claeyt's perspective of Salem and what it's about is very different from the devs and in many cases is completely the opposite of what we believe.
Dallane

Postby daopa » Fri May 12, 2017 2:11 pm

I don't view bot, I use Twitch very different from what you normally encounter.

I wrote about it on my Twitch Tips blog: With Success comes hate

Here you can see a good example of embedding on the side bar. I advertise my stream across my gaming related websites which gets counted in the viewer number.
daopa
Customer

Postby daopa » Fri May 12, 2017 2:18 pm

Dallane wrote:

No clue but it's hilarious. He will blame the website but when he isn't online there is the same # of people watching salem or eve every night that doesn't add up correctly. It's more obvious when he plays salem.

My stream is technically 24/7, as soon as I go off a playlist will start up with highlights.

There is a bug on Twitch that will make it so any viewers who are watching on the playlist still get counted for whatever game I'm listed under. I believe this is what your seeing ...
daopa
Customer

Postby daopa » Fri May 12, 2017 2:33 pm

shizuka wrote: its 100% checkable. last i checked he had 13 viewers logged on (chat) for +200 present on his stream (eye icon), therefore its 100% fake as if even if there will never be all ur viewers logged on its still way more than that proportionally speaking and i doubt its someone doing that to him to bother. i just think its uncool and doenst promote salem ..

This is not anyway to determine if a channel has fake views. The only people who know if viewbotting is occurring is generally the broadcaster and Twitch Staff - thats it no one else can really know whats up with any channel since they do not have access to the traffic stats.

If you think my channel is uncool and doesn't promote salem, by all means start up a channel on Twitch! Its very easy to get a streaming channel going these days, millions of people have done it.
daopa
Customer

Next

Return to City upon a Hill