So... Dev's, what about those Animals?

Forum for off topic and general discussion.

Re: So... Dev's, what about those Animals?

Postby Claeyt » Thu Apr 13, 2017 4:35 pm

MarpTarpton wrote:If Darwoth kills all the animals, I'll sell them on a stall. Scoot scoot now. Go play the game.

MarpTarpton wrote:You have no idea the hassle, the art investment, the hours animating, the coding and its hourly worth that went into the entire livestock industry. But I do. And if you aren't willing to even make one solid attempt to liberate the animals from Darwoth's grasp, to topple him as the unfair overlord he's being in covetously spooning insufficient dollops of livestock as he feels like it, then you don't deserve them.

Besides the fact that we don't even know which town he has the animals at. Besides the fact that he probably has them at his main town and like Heff said it would take 20 people a week to break in there. Besides the fact that Juda's right and we'd have to torch the barn to get into it and thus kill all the animals. What's stopping Darwoth from just moving the animals or for that matter having a second pair of animals at a different town of his. Because you guys have maintained the idiotic unbalanced tax system which has fed him literally hundreds of thousands of silver so he has the ability to just maintain multiple huge towns with no effort besides having a huge town.

So if we guess right and raid the right town, and spend a full week with 20 people raiding it, losing plenty of our characters and he could just endlessly stockade us with the hundreds of thousands of silver you've fed him through the tax system, if we burn the locked barn just to kill all the animals AND if he didn't move the animals to another town or simply have a second pair of each at a different town

THEN AND ONLY THEN AFTER WE'VE BURNED HIS BARN, WOULD YOU RELEASE THE ANIMALS IN ANOTHER WAY?

Sounds like a really, really big waste of your time Marp. All these players asking, begging to use your dev'd mechanic and you insult us by saying "GO RAID DARWOTH" just to get animals as if it was that simple.

There is zero way to get the animals from Darwoth. Like Juda said they'd die in a locked barn or he'd just move them to another town. So what are you saying "GO RAID DARWOTH" FOR MARP?

I hope your realize that you spent literally months on that mechanic and art to just let it die in Darwoth's barn, Marp. Nobody's going to raid him and next fall we'll be in the same place. No animals, no dev's and a mechanic that Marp wasted all that time on.

And to think. The mechanic is actually pretty good. The mechanic is fun to play with and all these noobs keep asking me "When are animals coming?", "Are animals going to be sold?". They'd LOVE to play the game with animals but they can't get them. They'd probably play more. Maybe the game would grow. Maybe they'd spend some money in the store. It is so stupid that you don't allow your player base to play something that you literally spent months dev'ing and creating.

Find another way to release them or the mechanic is wasted.

TLDR/ So the answer to my question is "NO", animals will not be released. Thanks for answering Marp.

For those new to the forums and those asking me about this topic in game. I don't want "free" animals. I don't want everyone to have an animal. I want it to be hard, or expensive or difficult to get them. The problem is that it's not those things. It's literally impossible to get live animals by raiding Darwoth.

Why am I mad? I am mad at how the dev's have ***** up this release of animals. I am mad at how they ***** up the ending of Popham. I am mad that it has taken them months to address this. This game has such potential and is/was fun to play but it's amazing how much noob dev's can ***** stuff up in a game like this.

I am mad because if they had done the ending of Popham right and done the release of animals right it would have helped the game grow. They're being stubborn because they know they ***** up and it's hurting the game. The happiest month of my playing Salem was when we had 2000 people playing when Popham opened. The town was alive. Popham was alive. There were tons of new players. I'd love to see 5000 players on Providence. That's my dream, but the dev's keep ***** it up with stuff like this release of animals.

Such a waste of their time and talent.
Last edited by Claeyt on Thu Apr 13, 2017 4:56 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Claeyt

Postby Osky » Thu Apr 13, 2017 4:55 pm

This is the most epic thread ever. This is what makes this game great, and what other games fail at. Risk/Reward/Mystery/Difficulty
Osky

Postby Lazun123 » Thu Apr 13, 2017 5:29 pm

MarpTarpton wrote:If Darwoth kills all the animals, I'll sell them on a stall. Scoot scoot now. Go play the game.

Fair, very fair now truthfully there is no reason to not collaborate.:)
WWJCD
Lazun123

Postby Heffernan » Thu Apr 13, 2017 5:44 pm

Lazun123 wrote:

there is, the toxicity of the community means people would get together and stab and betray each other whilst darwoth sits behind his wall laughing.

id be ok with someone having exclusive content aslong as its not as gamebreaking as animals (super overpowered food, 3rd slot item, 100s of exe and popham masks, super powered feasting and piercing artifacts)
Heffernan

Postby LordFarquaad » Thu Apr 13, 2017 6:00 pm

Claeyt wrote:

MarpTarpton wrote:You have no idea the hassle, the art investment, the hours animating, the coding and its hourly worth that went into the entire livestock industry. But I do. And if you aren't willing to even make one solid attempt to liberate the animals from Darwoth's grasp, to topple him as the unfair overlord he's being in covetously spooning insufficient dollops of livestock as he feels like it, then you don't deserve them.

Besides the fact that we don't even know which town he has the animals at. Besides the fact that he probably has them at his main town and like Heff said it would take 20 people a week to break in there. Besides the fact that Juda's right and we'd have to torch the barn to get into it and thus kill all the animals. What's stopping Darwoth from just moving the animals or for that matter having a second pair of animals at a different town of his. Because you guys have maintained the idiotic unbalanced tax system which has fed him literally hundreds of thousands of silver so he has the ability to just maintain multiple huge towns with no effort besides having a huge town.

So if we guess right and raid the right town, and spend a full week with 20 people raiding it, losing plenty of our characters and he could just endlessly stockade us with the hundreds of thousands of silver you've fed him through the tax system, if we burn the locked barn just to kill all the animals AND if he didn't move the animals to another town or simply have a second pair of each at a different town

THEN AND ONLY THEN AFTER WE'VE BURNED HIS BARN, WOULD YOU RELEASE THE ANIMALS IN ANOTHER WAY?

Sounds like a really, really big waste of your time Marp. All these players asking, begging to use your dev'd mechanic and you insult us by saying "GO RAID DARWOTH" just to get animals as if it was that simple.

There is zero way to get the animals from Darwoth. Like Juda said they'd die in a locked barn or he'd just move them to another town. So what are you saying "GO RAID DARWOTH" FOR MARP?

I hope your realize that you spent literally months on that mechanic and art to just let it die in Darwoth's barn, Marp. Nobody's going to raid him and next fall we'll be in the same place. No animals, no dev's and a mechanic that Marp wasted all that time on.

And to think. The mechanic is actually pretty good. The mechanic is fun to play with and all these noobs keep asking me "When are animals coming?", "Are animals going to be sold?". They'd LOVE to play the game with animals but they can't get them. They'd probably play more. Maybe the game would grow. Maybe they'd spend some money in the store. It is so stupid that you don't allow your player base to play something that you literally spent months dev'ing and creating.

Find another way to release them or the mechanic is wasted.

TLDR/ So the answer to my question is "NO", animals will not be released. Thanks for answering Marp.

For those new to the forums and those asking me about this topic in game. I don't want "free" animals. I don't want everyone to have an animal. I want it to be hard, or expensive or difficult to get them. The problem is that it's not those things. It's literally impossible to get live animals by raiding Darwoth.

Why am I mad? I am mad at how the dev's have ***** up this release of animals. I am mad at how they ***** up the ending of Popham. I am mad that it has taken them months to address this. This game has such potential and is/was fun to play but it's amazing how much noob dev's can ***** stuff up in a game like this.

I am mad because if they had done the ending of Popham right and done the release of animals right it would have helped the game grow. They're being stubborn because they know they ***** up and it's hurting the game. The happiest month of my playing Salem was when we had 2000 people playing when Popham opened. The town was alive. Popham was alive. There were tons of new players. I'd love to see 5000 players on Providence. That's my dream, but the dev's keep ***** it up with stuff like this release of animals.

Such a waste of their time and talent.

I've barely started playing this game and already it's clear to me that it is the older players' own fault for the current state of domestic animals. Shut up and accept the reality of the situation. Why would you rather complain than play the game? 20 players is admittedly a lot considering the size of the player base, but if I were in a position where I had 1500 biles toons and knew other players with similar toons I would try to do just what the devs are suggesting. It's an AWESOME challenge!
Darwoth earned his animals. It is RIGHT that only after he has decided to destroy them due to extremely difficult circumstance that they would be released via alternate mechanics.
And it is DEFINITELY NOT a waste of the devs work for Darwoth to be enjoying the fruits of his labors.

Think of it from an RPG perspective.
"In our lands exists a tyrant who has obtained the sole permit from the Queen to bring domesticated animals to the New World. The colonists are becoming restless and deeply miss their dairy and haggis. The Queen is ever unrelenting in her decision of a Crown-supported monopoly. The colonists have conferred and reached a decision: the tyrant's monopoly, and therefore his rule, shall be broken by brute force rather than nimble political maneuvers."

You don't want to play that out?

You keep alternating between recognizing that you understand that the animals will be released via alternate mechanic if Darwoth chooses to kill them, and then complaining that they will be lost forever if you raid Darwoth and he kills them, even after the devs have stated that they will be released via alternate mechanic. It's almost as if you believe that the devs would lie about releasing them via alternate mechanic if they are all destroyed and no other breeding pairs exist. It's as if you think they would want to waste all that time and effort. They want all of us to enjoy the work, man. They also want us to earn it, especially considering that Darwoth himself had to put in effort to obtain the animals.

Are you mentally challenged or autistic? If so, I apologize for this, however if not, get your head out of your ass! All your arguments have been answered or accounted for and you just keep running in circles crying and hoping that you won't have to put in a little bit of effort.
Last edited by LordFarquaad on Thu Apr 13, 2017 6:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
LordFarquaad

Postby Judaism » Thu Apr 13, 2017 6:05 pm

To spice it up a little, what if I said that the progession of witchcraft (a main aspect of the game) was entirely dependent upon animals.
JohnCarver wrote:Mortal Moments Inc. is not here to cannibalize the community or piece out the code. We are not here because we wish to institute pay to win models or PvE servers. Quite the contrary.
Judaism
Customer

Postby nosfirebird » Thu Apr 13, 2017 6:12 pm

if you dont like what the devs are doing then dont give them money if you have given them cash within the last 6 months call your credit card agency and file a charge back. you are the consumer if everyone stops sending money then they would be forced to either shut the game down or actually listen to the majority. but since they are incompetent they would prolly just shut it down :lol:
onto the animals part the only good recipe is stroganoff and it requires spooks and thats a ***** to grind go with fruit its alot better and doesnt require hundreds of argopelter eggs.

User banned for a month. By all means, don't use the store if you don't want to, but recommending erroneous chargebacks is recommending fraud at best and theft at worst, and we take neither of those two realities lightly.
nosfirebird

Postby JohnSnow » Thu Apr 13, 2017 6:16 pm

Judaism wrote:To spice it up a little, what if I said that the progession of witchcraft (a main aspect of the game) was entirely dependent upon animals.

This is a very little problem considering that the development of witchcraft is fully destroyed by Darkenbears patch
All Hail the Snake-King!
JohnSnow

Postby Heffernan » Thu Apr 13, 2017 6:24 pm

nosfirebird wrote:if you dont like what the devs are doing then dont give them money if you have given them cash within the last 6 months call your credit card agency and file a charge back. you are the consumer if everyone stops sending money then they would be forced to either shut the game down or actually listen to the majority. but since they are incompetent they would prolly just shut it down :lol:
onto the animals part the only good recipe is stroganoff and it requires spooks and thats a ***** to grind go with fruit its alot better and doesnt require hundreds of argopelter eggs.

Amen.

no clue where JC is but ihe cant even get on for 1 minute to say "hello im here will be back soon"....
Heffernan

Postby Lazun123 » Thu Apr 13, 2017 6:54 pm

Heffernan wrote:
Lazun123 wrote:

there is, the toxicity of the community means people would get together and stab and betray each other whilst darwoth sits behind his wall laughing.

id be ok with someone having exclusive content aslong as its not as gamebreaking as animals (super overpowered food, 3rd slot item, 100s of exe and popham masks, super powered feasting and piercing artifacts)

Though that may be true, but it releases the ability of him holding the entire mechanic hostage. People were worried he would just kill them off as a last ditch effort of the raid. That is no longer the problem. If anything if he killed them off then it would be a benifit.
WWJCD
Lazun123

PreviousNext

Return to City upon a Hill