So... Dev's, what about those Animals?

Forum for off topic and general discussion.

Re: So... Dev's, what about those Animals?

Postby gorniksam » Wed Apr 12, 2017 10:58 pm

Nsuidara wrote:
TotalyMeow wrote:Nope, he had no more information about anything than anyone else.

Stop lie ?
+ he have knowledge about witches (meybe few players)
+ he have knowledge about raids and tricks about this
when other players start leave Phopan because disappointment about ark... he got easy way..
and why all people when i talk.. ideas who win Phopan.. was only one answer ...

Not really, witchy stuff is mostly testing mostly. Raiding is mostly experience and logical thinking. There is nothing like a "tricks" its use own knowledge about most of aspects in game to suprice someone, and they thinking it is a trick or some abusing (as heffernan mostly claiming it to be) so
And he won a servar (what was obvious he will do) cos of players who was there was or retarded nabs or players which didnt bothered to playing there for longer as I did. Made a alt to checking those boards for time to time cos playin there would be such a waste of my precious time which I invest in providence, and made one of my character better than darwat "made with better food" at popham so
Don't really understand why people crying and butthurting about those animals which are worthless and ****. When you can get the same achievements or even better ones without them
gorniksam

Postby Sebthegrand » Thu Apr 13, 2017 1:08 am

Im just wondering if any of those people who so generously donated their bodies on Popham to Darwoth ever received the animals they were promised?
Sebthegrand

Postby Judaism » Thu Apr 13, 2017 8:43 am

Ofcourse not, are you people retarded ?
JohnCarver wrote:Mortal Moments Inc. is not here to cannibalize the community or piece out the code. We are not here because we wish to institute pay to win models or PvE servers. Quite the contrary.
Judaism
Customer

Postby Taras_Bulba » Thu Apr 13, 2017 9:14 am

Nsuidara wrote:
TotalyMeow wrote:Nope, he had no more information about anything than anyone else.

Stop lie ?
+ he have knowledge about witches (meybe few players)
+ he have knowledge about raids and tricks about this
when other players start leave Phopan because disappointment about ark... he got easy way..
and why all people when i talk.. ideas who win Phopan.. was only one answer ...

TotalyMeow wrote:... Building the ark was the way to win the expedition. The witch was supposed to get to destroy the server with some doomsday god abilities and that was all the extra benefit of being the winning witch that we originally intended. Plus later we decided they'd get animals if they hadn't put any on the ark. Anyone who raised animals on Popham was going to get animals on Providence if only the ark had finished. And leaderboard winners got little extra prizes. Are you saying that after over a year of explaining and reexplaining and like a dozen threads on the topic, some of you didn't even know what was going on?

again creepy talk...
Either defend or come to made mistake...

Only good ways... is made ark like "barn" but more expensive for Towns... not for Server...

and

TotalyMeow wrote:but I think that was the first mistake as it then required everyone to work together, which I was sure you wouldn't be able to do.

and + when JC said "we meybe add animals in store" or something that :P

yes devs make hide mech only from player who friends devs...
balanse in Salem? where Balans?
Taras_Bulba

Postby Claeyt » Thu Apr 13, 2017 9:36 am

TotalyMeow wrote:The Ark itself was a pretty good mechanic, actually.

TotalyMeow wrote:
Claeyt wrote:At what point do you guys accept that the Ark was a stupid mechanic. How many times do I have to say it. ONCE DARWOTH HAD VISITED ALL THE STATUES BUT THE ONE HE HAD TOWNBELLED ALL HE HAD TO DO WAS CHECK THE ARK EVERY DAY AND STUDY AT THE LAST STATUE ONCE IT GOT CLOSE TO BEING COMPLETED.

The Ark itself was a pretty good mechanic, actually. Server works together to build a building that everyone but the witches benefit from (and even they benefit as people could have characters on both sides). It can't be destroyed while under construction or after completion so there is little risk in contributing. The fact that the ark didn't get finished had absolutely nothing to do with Darwoth. In my opinion, the two main reasons the ark wasn't finished were an ill-considered post on the part of John, and an overestimation of your ability to work together, even in your own best interests.

As I recall, the timeline of Popham went thusly:

For the first few months, there were quite a large number of players on Popham. The Ark was set up with a calculation for each player present to contribute a small amount to it. Assuming that some players wouldn't bother to contribute or would stop playing before the server ended (at the time, it was assumed to be ending in only in a few months), it was calculated that the average player would contribute only a few hundred items to the ark construction and it should have been ridiculously simple to complete, even with only a few months to work.

Months went by and the ark showed no signs of being built. Some players left the server, leaving the rest to take on more in the ark building. However, even with more to do, a good town can produce thousands of boards in a month's time. One dedicated group of a half dozen or so could have completed the ark at any time and filled it with their own animals.

This is where the first problem comes in. See, in the original concept, the ark was supposed to be siegeable, so that one group could complete it, add their animals, and then hold the ark hostage from all others so that no one else could get animals home and that one group could have initial control of all animals on Providence, except for whatever animals the witch brought home. But we assumed that the group in question would probably also do their best to have the witch as well so it would have been a great competition and hopefully fairly exciting to see who got the animals. And raids to try to break into the ark and add your own animals could have been a thing. I don't know why John changed it in the end to just let the ark be on town land, I guess he wanted it to be easier for you, but I think that was the first mistake as it then required everyone to work together, which I was sure you wouldn't be able to do.

And then the second problem. Around four or so months into the server, John made an ill-considered post that he thought would motivate all of you, but in fact had the opposite effect. He posted something vague about making some very difficult quest in Providence to acquire animals if the ark didn't work out or possibly make them a very expensive pack in the store. He thought people wouldn't want that and would get to work on the Ark, the easy way to get animals, so as to not have to go the more difficult route. However, people like Claeyt latched onto the post, as I told him they would, and decided that a nebulous future mechanic was going to be easier than the current one. They convinced themselves that animals would eventually be just given away on Providence if they whined enough. I think there's a thread from around that time where you can see people convincing themselves of that and becoming entirely confident that the ark didn't need to be built at all but that everyone would get animals anyway.

So, Popham lasted over a year, and it wasn't until something like eight months in that Darwoth even started playing there. He then spent a few months just ***** around, destroying bases, demoralizing people, trying to make as many strong players as possible leave so that he would have less competition. He did it too, he's good at that.

At that point, some people started using Darwoth's presence as an excuse to claim how it's all too difficult and started a new complaint thread about Popham and how everyone deserves to just be given the animals. And this point, Darwoth had begun claiming he had the required witch and that he had only one statue left to get. In fact, he did not have the required witch and only knew where two of the statues were.

Also at this point, I slightly intervened. As a dev, I don't want to get involved too much in player politics. It's a sandbox and I don't want to mess up your dynamic by taking sides. However, I started posting with encouraging posts telling all of you that it was still very possible to complete the ark, that there was still time, that you still had a very good possibility of getting animals. I even posted several strategies outlining how to complete the ark even assuming that Darwoth DID have just one statue left to get.

Eventually, in an effort to move things along, because Darwoth didn't even have the only eligible witch on the server, there were actually several, Marp put a map to the locations of all the statues in the middle of his album of photos from the ***** museum he visited. Several people saw it and I think the picture was posted on the forums shortly thereafter. I know the information of where to find the map was. That was still a few months before the server ended.

So, in the end, there was more than a year worth of time to complete the ark before Darwoth was even close to being able to end the server. After the map was posted, there were several people who could have gotten the jump on him and had their own witch win as he not only had to finish his witch and visit all the statues after the map was posted, but he also delayed for silly reasons of wanting to get ALL the prizes, so that was a big opportunity missed to outpace his witch.

Darwoth's propaganda is awe-inspiring in its effectiveness and people like Claeyt help him a lot by over-inflating his powers and then freaking out about them, causing other people to put more credence in what Darwoth says. And I am sure that that had some effect on the general playerbase's ability to complete either of the server tasks once he had been on Popham for those few months, but to not even have outdone him on any of the minor leaderboard tasks? No no, you don't deserve animals, certainly not free ones. You don't deserve any of the prizes you didn't get. You DO deserve the teabagging you all got from Darwoth, and that goes double for all you who play Chicken Little with your assumptions about him. Jesus Christ, guys, he's just one guy.

I've said it before and I'll say it again. The Ark WAS a nice mechanic. It was just a bad mechanic in how it was used to counter the Witch mechanic. I'd love to see another thing like the Ark in the game. Maybe a great Dam that has to be built in Providence to create a lake or something. Maybe a public Dock has to be built to fit the boat that starts the new PvP server.

If what you're saying about Darwoth is true then the Ark should have been run like this.

1. There should have been some sort of counter for when the first people hit the tiers of witchcraft. There should have been some flag when the first witch appeared on Popham, then a different flag or notice when someone hit tier 2, then a third when they hit tier 3. Finally as the witch studies the statues there should have been some notice to check off the progress of the tier 3 witch towards the end.

2. Only with a progress meter does it make sense to have an Ark otherwise the game mechanic is broken because the players have no idea if Darwoth or whoever is telling the truth and then they have no idea if it's worth putting all that time into the Ark just to lose out at the last moment. Since there was no way to tell if Darwoth would just end it right before they finished the Ark, nobody started the Ark because they realized it would be pointless. This was the fatal flaw in the mechanic.

3. I can't believe there was any other tier 3 witch on Popham. Nobody fessed up to it and nobody tried to raid Darwoth. Until JC or Marp say conclusively that there was one I won't believe it. Darwoth had one. KKK didn't have one. None of the Russians had one. Until you or the Witch name who had another tier 3 I think you're making it up.

4. I've said over and over that Darwoth clearly deserved to win it and I even said he clearly deserves to charge 200,000 for animals. Why do you keep saying that anyone is asking for free animals? No one is. Everyone just wants any chance of getting animals, any chance at all. It was stupid to let him keep grinding prizes so that he got them all after everyone quit the server. That served no purpose and looks dumb and they know it. The prizes should have been locked when he hit tier 3. Again, what's the point of a prize list if every single one of them is given to the same person. It looks bad on the game.

5. None of this answers the questions we're dealing with now. Why waste a mechanic that the dev's worked so hard on? Will there ever be a way to get animals on Providence? If not, the dev's should say so now because it just looks stupid if they hype animals for a year, change all the food recipes to include animals and then never release them.

So can we please get an answer from JC or Marp to the question "Are there ever going to be animals available to everyone on Providence?" Or is their only answer Tmeow's answer of "Go raid Darwoth and hope he doesn't move or kill the animals if you do raid him."?
Some of the players I talk to in game want to know and if the answer is NO then they will quit. The Dev's need to answer this now, not Tmeow.
Claeyt

Postby Judaism » Thu Apr 13, 2017 12:00 pm

They changed some things, sadly not quick enough to make a difference in the outcome of Popham. People did not trust the developers anymore, they are quite incompetent and very ignorant.

Progess meter, tracking tools and the mechanical abuse of cannons were the main issue's back then. Prio expedition release, I was very sceptical of the amount of invested effort. Very little new content and the server conditions were almost identical to Providence, the cannons were already developed long before that and the animals were not only meant for the expeditions but also for Providence. We for example at any time had the capability to change the outcome but when you do not know where or what to look for and have no clue about the status quo, you'd rather spent your time into other games or just pernamently quit the game like the Russians did. Trust has to be build, sadly the current developers have completely lost their trust by numerous mistakes and they are ignorant to admit their mistakes ever since the start. Not a single mechanic which was widely agreed to be bad or wrong ever got changed or adapted. They can't do anything wrong, thats their way and they'll never admit.

I have tried to reason long ago, we all gave up on that around two years ago when JC joined our ventrillo server and made everything perfectly clear, in quite a rude way with many threats included to only make it worse if we carried on complaining. With a different game, it would be no issue to raid Darwoth as Tmeow stated, you would have way different raid-mechanics and it would be doable to actually steal his animals. Not even Darwoth himself was able to mildly influence JC into a better game in general, I still had some hopes for that attempt.

In this current state its not even possible to take animals, even if you were to raid Darwoth, the animals would be in the barn and you would have to destroy to get into it, you do not have lockpicking and burning/destroying the barn would result into dead animals. Thus all Tmeow's argument are laughable, she has no clue about the current state, environment or mechanics and shoud've stayed away from detailed topics.
JohnCarver wrote:Mortal Moments Inc. is not here to cannibalize the community or piece out the code. We are not here because we wish to institute pay to win models or PvE servers. Quite the contrary.
Judaism
Customer

Postby Procne » Thu Apr 13, 2017 12:20 pm

Grow up people, nothing is free. There was one person willing to work and now he has the goodies. Now you, like some commies, expect those goodies to be rained over you.
If you want goodies then work your ass off. You had your chance to get your hands on the innovation, but you stuck to your old ways and the chance is gone. The only thing you can do right now is begging - that's the life for you, and that's how it has always been, if you haven't noticed. Devs won't waste time on creating stuff for every mouthbreather to enjoy. World has always been ruled by the strong and capable, and everyone else is just a peon. This is the most realistic game out there. So grow up a pair or find another game.
Procne

Postby Nsuidara » Thu Apr 13, 2017 1:32 pm

Procne wrote:Grow up people, nothing is free.

Darwoth not got only animals when win Phopan...
\(*o*)\ Praying in the Marp Church may reduce the time for update /(*o*)/
Nsuidara
Customer

Postby Dallane » Thu Apr 13, 2017 1:35 pm

Claeyt wrote:
5. None of this answers the questions we're dealing with now. Why waste a mechanic that the dev's worked so hard on? Will there ever be a way to get animals on Providence? If not, the dev's should say so now because it just looks stupid if they hype animals for a year, change all the food recipes to include animals and then never release them.

So can we please get an answer from JC or Marp to the question "Are there ever going to be animals available to everyone on Providence?" Or is their only answer Tmeow's answer of "Go raid Darwoth and hope he doesn't move or kill the animals if you do raid him."?
Some of the players I talk to in game want to know and if the answer is NO then they will quit. The Dev's need to answer this now, not Tmeow.

lmao what a bottom *****.

How is the mechanic being wasted? The winner has his animals and is enjoying them.

She already answered your questions. JC and Marp have zero requirements to speak on the topic. She is the community manager. She is actively part of the dev team and speaks for them often. If you are this concerned stop trying to shame and scare everyone and send JC a skype message. He will more than likely give you the same answer you already had.

I think it's hilarious you keep saying "people I talk to ingame say x or want x" yet none of them ever come forward or send Meow a PM. Grow up and be a adult for once.
Please click this link for a better salem forum experience

TotalyMeow wrote: Claeyt's perspective of Salem and what it's about is very different from the devs and in many cases is completely the opposite of what we believe.
Dallane

Postby Procne » Thu Apr 13, 2017 1:36 pm

Nsuidara wrote:
Procne wrote:Grow up people, nothing is free.

Darwoth not got only animals when win Phopan...

That was his goal, he has stated it all from the beginning. He wanted this more than everyone else combined wanted to stop it. What is it you want to complain about?
Procne

PreviousNext

Return to City upon a Hill