So... Dev's, what about those Animals?

Forum for off topic and general discussion.

Re: So... Dev's, what about those Animals?

Postby Forungi » Wed Apr 12, 2017 7:29 am

The rewards for winning the server was there on display for everyone to see, who needs animals anyway right? ¦]
Forungi

Postby Claeyt » Wed Apr 12, 2017 7:40 am

Darwoth wrote:JC said he "might" provide another way for animals "eventually", that if he did it would be months before he did so and it would be difficult. then he made the ark that you were all to incompetent to do anything with for a year.

TotalyMeow wrote:then we just decided that if none of you wanted to bother with the ark.

Dallane wrote:Stop being lazy.

At what point do you guys accept that the Ark was a stupid mechanic. How many times do I have to say it. ONCE DARWOTH HAD VISITED ALL THE STATUES BUT THE ONE HE HAD TOWNBELLED ALL HE HAD TO DO WAS CHECK THE ARK EVERY DAY AND STUDY AT THE LAST STATUE ONCE IT GOT CLOSE TO BEING COMPLETED.

Seriously, what don't you get about that being a waste of a mechanic?

Why would anyone have worked on it under those circumstances?

Darwoth wrote:he also said for the first year of the expedition that ONLY the winning witch would get animals and that it would be at their discretion whether anyone else got any or not.

I've been looking for the quote from him that we're all quoting but I can't find it. Maybe Marp said it. Either way I'd like clarification as to what their plans are for animals because it's a major mechanic now with the need for animals for all the food.

I mean seriously JC and Marp. How do you change all the foods to require milk and meats from animals and then give us zero hope of ever getting animals on Providence. WTF is that?

Darwoth wrote:all of you, (the folks who lost) are entitled to absolutely nothing and if/when your 2 year bout of collective whining over popham comes to a close if you do get rewarded with livestock that you do not deserve it will only be a matter of time before you are whining about me destroying your town for participating in a ***** thread such as this wanting something for nothing like usual.

and then there is the whole next expedition and all the amusing threads that will generate :lol:

I have zero problem with you making money off winning. You won Popham and clearly put the time into it. I thought 200,000 for a pair of sheep was fair and you making 800,000-1,000,000 off selling all pairs of all the animals would be okay if pricey but at least they'd get distributed.

I had serious problems with 90% of all Popham winnings going to a single player. The winnings should have been locked once you hit tier 3 and everyone quit Popham, but instead the dev's let it go on so that you could grind every prize out of it. As an example, what's the point of even giving out 10 prizes in who sells the most books if Darwoth just buys books from himself to get all 10 prizes after the player base had all left? It was a mistake to let it happen but whatever, that's done. The animals are still being mistakenly ***** up and they need to fix this if they don't want all their hard work dev'ing animals and the mechanic to be lost.

I also do not think it's either good for the game or fair to the player base who've payed into this game that animals are NEVER available to raise on Providence. This mechanic is what? 2 years old now? New players have kept playing this game based on the idea that animals would eventually be available in the game. The dev's changed top tier foods to require animal products for ***** sake. This is the worst management of a mechanic I may have seen so far in this game and the worst part is, Animals are a really cool mechanic and would probably actually help grow the game IF THEY WERE ***** AVAILABLE. I mean who doesn't want to raise and breed specific types of cows and horses?

The idea that animals would be playable was sold to us and we bought it. We kept paying into the game and buying stuff from the store to keep it going. It's time for the dev's to step up and make the mechanic available to everyone and not just Darwoth.
Claeyt

Postby Darwoth » Wed Apr 12, 2017 8:03 am

if i put an animal on a lilypad in the middle of the ocean and sold maps to it on my vendor for 1 silver it would probably still be there a week later, this is why you do not deserve animals and why you did not get them yourself when you had a year and a half to do so when all you had to was build a boat in the safety of town.

i never gave a **** about the ark or watching it, my goals and rewards were unchanged whether it was complete or not and the tired excuse of "oh we all decided to suck because darwoth, who did not even know the final two statue locations at the time but instead just pretended that he did would have ended the server if we got close!!" really holds no weight at all.

animals are no different than snozberries when fruit first came out, for nearly a year there were exactly three players with snozberries and it was not until the carebear retard towns got ahold of them that every clown on the server had thirty of them scattered around their claim.

not having animals is not locking you out of a portion of the game, it is just more day late and dollar short boo hooing by the very same people who spent a full year+ on this forum patting themselves on the back about what an idiot retard i was for playing popham and how useless animals are, its a dumb worthless mechanic not worthy of a server or getting people to play on said server and blah blah blah.

and exactly like i said would happen now everyone changed their mind and wants to cry about it while holding their hand out :lol:

hopefully there is never a secondary method for animals and the amazing darwoth victory of popham shall stand as a reminder to the playerbase that they should play the expeditions instead of making excuses not to.

additionally just because heffernan is retarded and did not follow instructions does not mean there is something wrong with his sheep.
Darwoth

Postby Claeyt » Wed Apr 12, 2017 9:30 am

Darwoth wrote:I never gave a **** about the ark or watching it, my goals and rewards were unchanged whether it was complete or not and the tired excuse of "oh we all decided to suck because darwoth, who did not even know the final two statue locations at the time but instead just pretended that he did would have ended the server if we got close!!" really holds no weight at all.

Yet at the time you said that if the Ark ever got close to being done or if anyone Waste Claimed your Tbelled statue you'd just end the server.

As for the Statues. I find it hard to believe that by the time you revealed that you had a tier 3 witch you didn't have the 6 statues as they were all placed around the map in an even diagram around Popham. :roll: :roll: :roll:

Darwoth wrote:animals are no different than snozberries when fruit first came out, for nearly a year there were exactly three players with snozberries and it was not until the carebear retard towns got ahold of them that every clown on the server had thirty of them scattered around their claim.

Snozzberries were never that rare. When you told me about how one of the reasons you raided Arcadia was to get the Snozzberries I laughed because at that time I knew of at least 7 towns with a tree.

In contrast as of right now there is zero way to get animals without a month long raid by a large amount of people and in they end you'd just move or kill the animals so raiding for animals is not an option.

Darwoth wrote:not having animals is not locking you out of a portion of the game, it is just more day late and dollar short boo hooing by the very same people who spent a full year+ on this forum patting themselves on the back about what an idiot retard i was for playing popham and how useless animals are, its a dumb worthless mechanic not worthy of a server or getting people to play on said server and blah blah blah.

and exactly like i said would happen now everyone changed their mind and wants to cry about it while holding their hand out :lol:

There was never anyone who said that as far as I can tell. Everyone I know said they were OP and when they changed all the top tier food recipes to include animals it was clear to anyone and everyone that animals were required now.

Nobody "changed their mind" about animals. Everyone wanted them on Providence as far as I know. I know literally 20 or 30 players who only kept playing the game to eventually get animals to raise. Most have left now but even today there are still people hoping to try them out.

Darwoth wrote:hopefully there is never a secondary method for animals and the amazing darwoth victory of popham shall stand as a reminder to the playerbase that they should play the expeditions instead of making excuses not to.

Well that would be both incredibly stupid and game breaking and unbalanced to say the least but that does indeed seem to be the idea that the dev's have.

Apparently they're fine with themselves spending weeks and maybe months designing, deving and creating the animals and the ENTIRE mechanic just so that it will only ever be used by a single player otherwise they'd fix this and introduce animals to Providence.

Darwoth wrote:additionally just because heffernan is retarded and did not follow instructions does not mean there is something wrong with his sheep.

Then give him another pair or another ram for free. There is no reason why these shouldn't breed. From what I remember it wasn't hard to get them to breed in any way.

...and if you are denying castrating the male animals before selling them then it's a simple fix to have the dev's check and see why it's impossible to have animals spread so everyone can try them out on Providence.
Claeyt

Postby ZoddAlmighty » Wed Apr 12, 2017 9:48 am

Another blablabla response from Claeyt. Grow up and join the real word , you know, the one where you get rewarded for putting effort into something.
I kinda wish devs do not implement another way to get animals just because you whine about it this much.
The game has so much to offer and yet you are so focused on a tiny fraction of the game.
Are animals amazing? ***** yeah.
Can you play the game without them? ***** yeah.
Not having them only means that you have to put more effort into gluttoning and thats about it.
ZoddAlmighty

Postby Claeyt » Wed Apr 12, 2017 10:25 am

People keep saying I'm whining because I don't have any animals. Honestly I'd probably only want one cow for milk.

The real reason I complain is because this is bad for the game and after I've put this many years into the game it sucks to see it make simple mistakes like this. Animals would attract people to the game. The lack of animals in the game makes veteran players not want to stick around.

It's simple. They teased us animals on Popham and now a year later (since Darwoth's tier 3 witch on Popham was revealed) animals have disappeared from the gameplay. Why would the dev's allow one of their more fun new mechanics to just die like that? Why not let everyone enjoy their dev work?
Claeyt

Postby jakhollin » Wed Apr 12, 2017 12:15 pm

You will just have to settle for:
jakhollin

Postby Judaism » Wed Apr 12, 2017 12:49 pm

Claeyt wrote:Frankly Tmeow I don't want to hear from you anymore. You're wrong more than you're right.

Amen to that.
JohnCarver wrote:Mortal Moments Inc. is not here to cannibalize the community or piece out the code. We are not here because we wish to institute pay to win models or PvE servers. Quite the contrary.
Judaism
Customer

Postby LudotoKuche123 » Wed Apr 12, 2017 1:01 pm

gime free animalz plz i promis i stop farm coton all day ;(
LudotoKuche123

Postby Dallane » Wed Apr 12, 2017 1:46 pm

Whats hilarious is that after 4+ years clay still has no idea how to approach the devs in a attempt to change their mind. Instead of a well thought out PM or skype message with ANY ONE OF THEM explaining a good system that could implement to introduce animals while not diminishing darwoth's almost 2 year grind for characters he makes another fail ass post. This thread more than likely will just make JC laugh his ass off and hold off introducing animals all together. Even if he had the slight chance of doing something this thread alone more than likely killed any chance for that to happen. Clay thinks that if he makes a thread with big post saying "how much this hurts the game" they will drop everything with a knee jerk reaction to get everyone animals "to get more people playing". Clay has no clue what the dev team believes in and even less of clue about this game and what it means.
Please click this link for a better salem forum experience

TotalyMeow wrote: Claeyt's perspective of Salem and what it's about is very different from the devs and in many cases is completely the opposite of what we believe.
Dallane

PreviousNext

Return to City upon a Hill