Anyone working on a ''leveling guide''

Forum for off topic and general discussion.

Anyone working on a ''leveling guide''

Postby dondark » Tue Nov 13, 2012 10:12 pm

As title says

Is anyone working on a leveling guide . And by that i mean a Guide much like you would see in other games containing crafting and professions

Suggesting what Skills to gett In what order and what inspirationals to study for that Skill (taking into account wich ones is easy to gett a hold of ) ???

i realise the game is only in beta but such a guide would be realy handy .. I like to use such to progress faster than i would figuring stuff out by error (by error i mean making things harder for myself using the wrong materials to study when others are right there and yields far better stats)
dondark

Re: Anyone working on a ''leveling guide''

Postby Dallane » Tue Nov 13, 2012 10:15 pm

dondark wrote:As title says

Is anyone working on a leveling guide . And by that i mean a Guide much like you would see in other games containing crafting and professions

Suggesting what Skills to gett In what order and what inspirationals to study for that Skill (taking into account wich ones is easy to gett a hold of ) ???

i realise the game is only in beta but such a guide would be realy handy .. I like to use such to progress faster than i would figuring stuff out by error (by error i mean making things harder for myself using the wrong materials to study when others are right there and yields far better stats)

Read sev's noob guide. It's a sandbox just go with what you want to do
Please click this link for a better salem forum experience

TotalyMeow wrote: Claeyt's perspective of Salem and what it's about is very different from the devs and in many cases is completely the opposite of what we believe.
Dallane

Postby dondark » Tue Nov 13, 2012 10:20 pm

Dallane wrote:
dondark wrote:As title says

Read sev's noob guide. It's a sandbox just go with what you want to do

Its not that i dont know how to do it .. I just like speedLeveling in games like this. . it very much seems like the first part of this game is a Grind before you actually gett to the crafting and pvp = fun .. so the faster you gett the basic skills down and a claim the faster you can start having fun .. ( non stop gathering to study and repeat isent exactly a blast)
dondark

Postby Dallane » Tue Nov 13, 2012 10:26 pm

dondark wrote:Its not that i dont know how to do it .. I just like speedLeveling in games like this. . it very much seems like the first part of this game is a Grind before you actually gett to the crafting and pvp = fun .. so the faster you gett the basic skills down and a claim the faster you can start having fun .. ( non stop gathering to study and repeat isent exactly a blast)

Well you might want to stop playing now then. The game is a constant grind. It gets better with farming but you will always be gathering something.

You speed lvl once you have a established place. until then use the best study food you can make and get all the skills. you will use all of them.
Please click this link for a better salem forum experience

TotalyMeow wrote: Claeyt's perspective of Salem and what it's about is very different from the devs and in many cases is completely the opposite of what we believe.
Dallane

Postby staxjax » Tue Nov 13, 2012 10:35 pm

Exactly what Dallane said...there is no 'speed leveling' guide. It will take quite awhile for you to reach the point where you can easily make 100 humour characters without leaving your base.

What you really need is somebody to compile a cookbook with the best foods you can strive to make and eat. And, I'm not about to give out mine...so I think you are **** out of luck.
Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most - Ozzy Osbourne

Confirmed retards: Nimmeth, Claeyt, MycroSparks
staxjax

Postby dondark » Tue Nov 13, 2012 11:10 pm

staxjax wrote:Exactly what Dallane said...there is no 'speed leveling' guide. It will take quite awhile for you to reach the point where you can easily make 100 humour characters without leaving your base.

What you really need is somebody to compile a cookbook with the best foods you can strive to make and eat. And, I'm not about to give out mine...so I think you are **** out of luck.

**** out of luck i am :P 3 out of 3 times now ive met a snake or equal enemy and as soon as the creature apears on the screen the client crashes :P and im not able to log in cause i already am .. Its horrible
dondark

Postby dondark » Tue Nov 13, 2012 11:10 pm

staxjax wrote:Exactly what Dallane said...there is no 'speed leveling' guide. It will take quite awhile for you to reach the point where you can easily make 100 humour characters without leaving your base.

**** out of luck i am :P 3 out of 3 times now ive met a snake or equal enemy and as soon as the creature apears on the screen the client crashes :P and im not able to log in cause i already am .. Its horrible
dondark

Postby staxjax » Tue Nov 13, 2012 11:19 pm

A bit off topic here, but may I suggest you use ender's test client build with java 7 and see if it helps to prevent your client from crashing.

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/18779594/salem/updater.jar
Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most - Ozzy Osbourne

Confirmed retards: Nimmeth, Claeyt, MycroSparks
staxjax

Postby ramuller » Tue Nov 13, 2012 11:20 pm

Unfortunately, especially at early levels, which proficiencies you level depends a bunch on which rare inspirationals you happen to find. Perenial Philosophy, for instance, is really easy to raise if you are lucky enough to get several of the rares from chopping down trees.

Also, if you join an established village, you will probably have access to better food and the village will probably help lead you towards the skill set that will allow you to help them best given your interests and their needs (perhaps providing some of the appropriate rare drops from various crafts as needed).
Swordmage
ramuller

Postby MagicManICT » Wed Nov 14, 2012 12:53 am

It would be possible to do a "speed leveling" guide (thought you meant digging when I saw this). How practical it would be... that's another question. Is someone here in the community right now willing to do it? I haven't seen anyone willing to fess up beyond what's already been posted around here. If you're asking about it, you must be familiar with them. A good bit of research and I bet you'd do a decent job at it.
I am a moderator. I moderate stuff. When I do, I write in this color.
JohnCarver wrote:anybody who argues to remove a mechanic that allows "yet another" way to summon somebody is really a carebear in disguise trying to save his own hide.
MagicManICT

Next

Return to City upon a Hill