Anyone working on a ''leveling guide''

Forum for off topic and general discussion.

Re: Anyone working on a ''leveling guide''

Postby Dallane » Wed Nov 14, 2012 1:02 am

MagicManICT wrote:It would be possible to do a "speed leveling" guide (thought you meant digging when I saw this). How practical it would be... that's another question. Is someone here in the community right now willing to do it? I haven't seen anyone willing to fess up beyond what's already been posted around here. If you're asking about it, you must be familiar with them. A good bit of research and I bet you'd do a decent job at it.

find dark forest and profit
Please click this link for a better salem forum experience

TotalyMeow wrote: Claeyt's perspective of Salem and what it's about is very different from the devs and in many cases is completely the opposite of what we believe.
Dallane

Postby Sevenless » Wed Nov 14, 2012 3:18 am

MagicManICT wrote:It would be possible to do a "speed leveling" guide (thought you meant digging when I saw this). How practical it would be... that's another question. Is someone here in the community right now willing to do it? I haven't seen anyone willing to fess up beyond what's already been posted around here. If you're asking about it, you must be familiar with them. A good bit of research and I bet you'd do a decent job at it.

Long story short? It's all about effort. You can't really grind smart in this game atm, it's all about grinding hard. The only smart grinding is longterm investment in crop/metal purity. But you can't speed grind that too much.

If someone has some questions like "how to produce murder soldiers" quickly and efficiently I could write something up. But there's no set goal in the game so saying "give me a speed leveling guide" just leads naturally into the question "about what?".

There's not much need for a speed leveling guide for proficiencies because A) Each profession point has unique requirements and B) It's entirely based on your resources and C) It's actually fairly easy to figure out on your own.

Humours are a bit of a different story, but they're far more dependent on crops than anything. Once you have crops it's all about quantity. If you're willing to run 50 cereal fields and forage the mushrooms you can be putting out 50-100 mushy pies a day (Hell if I remember what the rough creation time for a pie is given flour and adequate ovens though XD).

Edit: Do remember, this is permadeath. There is no central requirement for a "good" character. It only has to do what it's needed for, be it kill, farm or cook. Beyond that it's purely aesthetic. Hermits obviously need a mixture of everything - the combat capabilities to get by.
It's been neat to see the evolution of a game. Salem has come so far, and still has far to go. Although frustrating, I think it's been an experience worth the effort.
Sevenless

Postby Jalpha » Wed Nov 14, 2012 8:12 am

I am working on a gluttony chart for beginners outlining good foods to get to 30 or so humors. Still a work in progress, but hopefully it will be done by the weekend.
Professor Gu Zhongmao wrote:These projects are beautiful to scientists, but nightmarish to engineers
Jalpha

Previous

Return to City upon a Hill