Vault 7

Forum for off topic and general discussion.

Re: Vault 7

Postby Claeyt » Wed Mar 08, 2017 12:15 am

Dallane wrote:
Lazun123 wrote:Are we talking about the wire tapping?

It's part of it but turns out MUCH bigger.

https://www.reddit.com/r/The_Donald/com ... read_post/

Of course there's nothing about the wire tapping. Why are you posting T_D reddit posts here?

This is about the CIA using malware and hacks to turn anything (TV's, Xbox's, phones) with a microphone into a listening device and having a dedicated hacking unit for any and all software.

This is the equivalent of Snowden and the NSA.

It is of course illegal for the CIA to hack, break or turn a TV, Device or Software into a listening device anywhere in the United States without a FISA warrant for the individual being targeted. All Salemites outside the U.S. are out of luck.

It's more interesting if they passed on these hacks to the FBI or large police departments.

The news of them hacking electronic devices or software isn't all that big. How they used it, if they worked with the device/software makers like the NSA did and the attacks on devices/software hurting the businesses who own and use them might be bigger news.

Either way it's funny to see Trumpkins attacking the CIA. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Claeyt

Postby Procne » Wed Mar 08, 2017 12:28 am

So that's what devs have been doing for the last several weeks...
Procne

Postby RainbowMoostache » Wed Mar 08, 2017 12:32 am

I have a Samsung curved smart TV in my living room that acts like a complete creepy bastard, mostly because a lot of smart TVs have this voice recognition thing which proves that there's a microphone tucked in somewhere and possibly recording conversations. With how much that tv freaks me out I am not surprised with the leaks confirming that by now, it has been on my mind for a while. Nowadays I have a routine-tied habit of not saying much around the tv and tuck away all electronics with built in mics far away from me. Not really sure how to feel about how I am monitored in my own house, that kind of stuff is popular here in my home country.

Hackable cameras and audio jacks isn't exactly new, had my computer and phone camera covered with tape for years, even that pedo smiling douche Zuckerberg tapes his ****:

As a personal tradition of mine I will continue to read these leaks and draw my own kind of judgement from it or share my own findings, so I'll probably be back unless I somehow conveniently die in my explosive car the next day.
Last edited by RainbowMoostache on Wed Mar 08, 2017 12:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
RainbowMoostache

Postby Claeyt » Wed Mar 08, 2017 12:38 am

Procne wrote:So that's what devs have been doing for the last several weeks...

Old Java has been a known "Rat" hole entrance forever but most new malware and Windows 10 security picks that up now and it's easy enough to catch the old hacks with basic security from all I've seen.

Basic example of Java Rat hack: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q1Ca84lM368

The CIA is using Javascript to hack brand new Samsung devices right now using something called Digtrio/Angelfish according to today's wikileaks:

So yes, the Java used to run Salem could be being used by Marp right now to see your penis through your computer. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Claeyt

Postby Dallane » Wed Mar 08, 2017 2:28 am

Claeyt wrote:
Of course there's nothing about the wire tapping. Why are you posting T_D reddit posts here?

Actually there is if you would actually read something for once. I linked The Donald because I can and more importantly its a highlight of interesting things that are being discovered.

If you honestly believe that this isn't huge then you are more a of beta male then I thought before. There is way more than the CIA's ability to hack TVs. Just look at the small list of things.

https://www.reddit.com/r/The_Donald/com ... read_post/

Fun fact most of the CIA's tools are made with python and named after pokemon lol

Your use to tech terms is worst than the typical script kiddie
Please click this link for a better salem forum experience

TotalyMeow wrote: Claeyt's perspective of Salem and what it's about is very different from the devs and in many cases is completely the opposite of what we believe.
Dallane

Postby Strakknuva225 » Wed Mar 08, 2017 4:29 am

I had a good time when I heard about the CIA's brony division and ***** divisions.
Professional Beaver Clubber
"Knife to meet you."
Strakknuva225

Postby Heffernan » Wed Mar 08, 2017 7:39 am

Heffernan

Postby Forungi » Wed Mar 08, 2017 8:53 am

This is kind of old news tho, but kudos to anyone still waking up from their slumber.
Forungi

Postby Choronzon » Wed Mar 08, 2017 9:59 am

Well in my understanding most people don't really care about their privacy. Measures can be taken to minimize the risk even though you can't ever be 100% safe or anonymous over the internet.
If they can bypass encryption that is nasty indeed. I wonder if it's just some encryption methods though. Also wondering about spying hardware installed right into motherboards (stuff like firmware rootkits) but I have no idea on what heights they might go for.
Founder of Pilgrim Cloning & Pilgrim Enhancement projects.

Poachers Lodge - Trader you can trust.
Choronzon

Postby jakhollin » Wed Mar 08, 2017 1:26 pm

Yeah I think it is kind of old news may be more information on it but still something that has been known for a while. Just look at the whole stuxnet Olympic games leak. Was around the same level of creepy hacking software specially designed for scenarios.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Olympic_Games
jakhollin

PreviousNext

Return to City upon a Hill