A Tremendous Dissapointment, or why I quit playing Salem

Forum for off topic and general discussion.

Re: A Tremendous Dissapointment, or why I quit playing Salem

Postby Tonkyhonk » Tue Nov 13, 2012 8:27 pm

Sevenless wrote:And he's right that there really aren't any ways to specialize at something you enjoy doing.

its more about, there aren't enough "contents" to specialize yet.
it was rather a tremendous disappointment for me to see only those 2 listed after reading op introduction.
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Tonkyhonk

Postby ramuller » Tue Nov 13, 2012 8:35 pm

I do agree that the proficiency system as it is now constituted does tend to make it easier to become a generalist since it seems that to specialize in any one aspect of the game requires raising a boat load of proficiencies and once you do that it is cheap to add to your skill list. Of course, as a hermit, I like this as long as I can keep my passive defenses stronger than the perceived value of my stuff when scouted by a raider.
Swordmage
ramuller

Postby Dallane » Tue Nov 13, 2012 9:12 pm

God i'm so happy to see a decent reason to not like the game.

I don't so much agree with the coin system. The game needs to make money.

I def agree there is a very large # of jack of all trade characters. The good part about the jack of all trades is with everyone having everything you won't be scambling to find a farmer with skill lvl 100 or no one can plant crops without taking a **** on them. When they add in more skill bonus stuff it might help the situation some.
Please click this link for a better salem forum experience

TotalyMeow wrote: Claeyt's perspective of Salem and what it's about is very different from the devs and in many cases is completely the opposite of what we believe.
Dallane

Postby Sevenless » Tue Nov 13, 2012 9:31 pm

Dallane wrote:God i'm so happy to see a decent reason to not like the game.

I don't so much agree with the coin system. The game needs to make money.

I def agree there is a very large # of jack of all trade characters. The good part about the jack of all trades is with everyone having everything you won't be scambling to find a farmer with skill lvl 100 or no one can plant crops without taking a **** on them. When they add in more skill bonus stuff it might help the situation some.

I really like that they've added premium item packs. Just silver alone was a troublesome concept for moneymaking. If it was a premium currency with special effects, ok maybe then. But just plain in game money? Not so sure.

If they really wanted to streamline things: Convert the store purchases into gold. Give gold a fixed gold:silver exchange ratio as a minimum line. Then do all the premium item packs through an in game stall that only accepts gold.
It's been neat to see the evolution of a game. Salem has come so far, and still has far to go. Although frustrating, I think it's been an experience worth the effort.
Sevenless

Postby paulcrawls » Tue Nov 13, 2012 9:37 pm

Salem has it's own charm, the sort of.
I really hope that current proficiency system will have been balanced, thus making players to take determined roles.
Who killed Davey Moore
Why an' what's the reason for?
paulcrawls

Postby Ass_Kraken » Tue Nov 13, 2012 10:30 pm

I agree with the specific job thing. Salem pretty much reguires all people in a village to have all skills. I think though, once (more) proficiencies give benefits like S&C giving more plenty, that'll we'll really see some fleshing out of that.
Ass_Kraken

Postby jwhitehorn » Tue Nov 13, 2012 11:20 pm

If he is interested in more RPing he should join the tribe IMO. They are one of the few factions that Roleplay here.

Chief PeePooKaKa
MM Tribe
Admin for Salem Wiki • Make suggestions or complaints in the Wiki Suggestion thread
jwhitehorn

Postby ramuller » Tue Nov 13, 2012 11:23 pm

jwhitehorn wrote:If he is interested in more RPing he should join the tribe IMO. They are one of the few factions that Roleplay here.

Chief PeePooKaKa
MM Tribe

As a tribe victim (I got rolled outside of boston), I think of it more as rollplay.
Swordmage
ramuller

Postby Sevenless » Tue Nov 13, 2012 11:49 pm

ramuller wrote:
jwhitehorn wrote:If he is interested in more RPing he should join the tribe IMO. They are one of the few factions that Roleplay here.

Chief PeePooKaKa
MM Tribe

As a tribe victim (I got rolled outside of boston), I think of it more as rollplay.

Badumchisss
It's been neat to see the evolution of a game. Salem has come so far, and still has far to go. Although frustrating, I think it's been an experience worth the effort.
Sevenless

Postby Xionraseri » Sat Nov 24, 2012 7:25 pm

I have to agree, one thing i'd really like to see implemented is more specialized roles. Why build a community when you can just do everything yourself?
Xionraseri
Customer

PreviousNext

Return to City upon a Hill