War with China

Forum for off topic and general discussion.

Re: War with China

Postby cyko » Thu Feb 02, 2017 11:31 pm

It is definetly a very good theory.

It lacks only the thought, that China desperately needs the shipping routes through this territory (economic reasons). It is not only about strategical thoughts. The key for peace is, that China gets guarantees for those routes. If they don't get them, maybe because as a part of an economic confrontation, China may be willing to risk more, than you may expect today.

Besides the historical background, China and its "never again" attitude, now in a position of relative power.

However, i notice that most of you don't think that this war is imminent at the moment. I interpretive that, that you are actually not willing in support such a confrontation at the moment. These are good news.
Kocham Kuku \m/
cyko

Postby Dallane » Thu Feb 02, 2017 11:44 pm

cyko wrote:I interpretive that, that you are actually not willing in support such a confrontation at the moment. These are good news.

As someone who would benefit greatly from more conflict I would never actually want or truly hope for more fighting unless we had no other choice.
Please click this link for a better salem forum experience

TotalyMeow wrote: Claeyt's perspective of Salem and what it's about is very different from the devs and in many cases is completely the opposite of what we believe.
Dallane

Postby DarkNacht » Fri Feb 03, 2017 7:19 am

War with the US would mean breaking off trade with their biggest trade partners and being blockaded from most of the rest, as well as turning many of their biggest investments to toilet paper, their economy would immediately crash. Declaring war on the US would be setting fire to their own country.
DarkNacht

Postby AcidSpiral » Fri Feb 03, 2017 3:18 pm

Chances are higher of China buying the US than going to war with it. :lol: With our debt they pretty much already own all of our national parks.
AcidSpiral
Customer

Postby TotalyMeow » Fri Feb 03, 2017 4:39 pm

China owns about 6% of our debt, it's kinda odd to call that 'all our national parks', though. We own an approximately equal amount of their debt, dollar wise, but it comes out to 25% of their total debt.
Community Manager for Mortal Moments Inc.

Icon wrote:This isn't Farmville with fighting, its Mortal Kombat with corn.
TotalyMeow

Postby AcidSpiral » Fri Feb 03, 2017 4:42 pm

I heard that figure years ago... Now it is above and beyond. Our national parks are estimated at a $92bil value but our debt to China is over $1tril. I did not however realize that China owes us pretty much equally as much. Interesting fact. :D
AcidSpiral
Customer

Previous

Return to City upon a Hill