Democrats, the party of racism and oppression?

Forum for off topic and general discussion.

Re: Democrats, the party of racism and oppression?

Postby cyko » Thu Feb 02, 2017 1:54 pm

I think, most people are able to think.
And they also know what is right or wrong.

I have absolutely no doubt that, given the fitting concept, all those WothdarDallClaeyt... here would be able to work together.
The basic skills are present, there is simply no goal, so these skills are useless like Horsepowers in Dragsters.
Kocham Kuku \m/
cyko

Postby Darwoth » Thu Feb 02, 2017 1:56 pm

the united states is not a democracy and never has been, this is because the founders knew most people were retards and that a democracy only lasts as long as it takes 51% of the population to vote themselves the wallets and/or freedoms of the other 49%

thus we became a republic instead.
Darwoth

Postby cyko » Thu Feb 02, 2017 2:01 pm

Well, from that point of view, there is no democratic country on the whole planet.

However, i think a republic relies heavy on democratic principles.
But i don't agree with your description, democracy is a set of values, not just a question of majorities. Including protecting the minorities.
Kocham Kuku \m/
cyko

Postby Dallane » Thu Feb 02, 2017 2:33 pm

cyko wrote:democracy is a set of values

No actually it's not

de·moc·ra·cy
dəˈmäkrəsē/
noun
a system of government by the whole population or all the eligible members of a state, typically through elected representatives.

There is a difference between a democracy and a Republic.
Please click this link for a better salem forum experience

TotalyMeow wrote: Claeyt's perspective of Salem and what it's about is very different from the devs and in many cases is completely the opposite of what we believe.
Dallane

Postby cyko » Thu Feb 02, 2017 2:39 pm

Well, of course ther is a difference between two different systems of government.

I understand (and use) the term "democracy" mostly like most people use it. At least here, don't know how it is used in the USA.
Sorry for the confusion.
Kocham Kuku \m/
cyko

Postby TotalyMeow » Thu Feb 02, 2017 5:29 pm

cyko wrote:Well, of course ther is a difference between two different systems of government.

I understand (and use) the term "democracy" mostly like most people use it. At least here, don't know how it is used in the USA.
Sorry for the confusion.

No, a few people try to use the word democracy to stand for a vague ideology that is whatever they want it to mean at the time. But democracy is simply rule by the majority and nothing special otherwise.
Community Manager for Mortal Moments Inc.

Icon wrote:This isn't Farmville with fighting, its Mortal Kombat with corn.
TotalyMeow

Postby cyko » Thu Feb 02, 2017 5:47 pm

TotalyMeow wrote:[
No, a few people try to use the word democracy to stand for a vague ideology that is whatever they want it to mean at the time.

Sorry, but that is agitation.
I think, association of Rule-of-Law, participation, elections and so on with "democracy", are wide common. These things are the reason, why people in totalitarian states demand democracy (at least sometimes).

I could agree (like above), when someone reduces it on the system of government (in terms of the HowToElect and HowToDecide) and means, it transports no values at all.
But if you consider democracy as vehicle of values, it is pretty clear, that these values are well known. Maybe vague. But well known.
Not usable for this-today-and-that-tomorrow.

Most of these values are even included in the system of government itself.
Kocham Kuku \m/
cyko

Postby TotalyMeow » Thu Feb 02, 2017 8:34 pm

At Berkley, liberal students burned the college down in protest of a gay conservative guest speaker. :|

Okay, they didn't level the place, but they did do a lot of damage including toppling light poles and throwing benches through windows. One student was giving an interview to a reporter who doesn't know how microphones work, praising those protesters who were being peaceful when she was pepper sprayed in the face, possibly because she was wearing a red hat that read "Make Bitcoin Great Again". The irony of college illiteracy.

Edit: Looking in to it more, it was even worse than I thought. They also used fireworks as weapons, threw things like glass bottles and bricks at people, set several fires, and even after the event was canceled for Milo Yiannnopoulos's safety, they continued to destroy property and surrounded and beat several people they though might be conservatives.

All in the name of stopping free speech. What the hell?

TotalyMeow

Postby Judaism » Thu Feb 02, 2017 10:08 pm

Too much retarded USA politics lately, who gives a *****. It was fun for awhile but most Salem people are Europeans and care little about things that happen in the neighbours backyard.
JohnCarver wrote:Mortal Moments Inc. is not here to cannibalize the community or piece out the code. We are not here because we wish to institute pay to win models or PvE servers. Quite the contrary.
Judaism
Customer

Postby TotalyMeow » Thu Feb 02, 2017 10:26 pm

Judaism wrote:Too much retarded USA politics lately, who gives a *****. It was fun for awhile but most Salem people are Europeans and care little about things that happen in the neighbours backyard.

So? If you don't care, don't read the threads. If you think there should be more European politics, make a thread about it. I wouldn't mind hearing some political opinions from some of the other countries represented here.

TotalyMeow

PreviousNext

Return to City upon a Hill