Trump's Policies

Forum for off topic and general discussion.

Re: Trump's Policies

Postby MarpTarpton » Thu Jan 26, 2017 3:01 pm

Dallane wrote:LOL LOVE IT!

Who cares if "we" pay the wall. We already pay for retarded **** like crazy as it is. Hopefully he defunds these rogue departments so we can buy a bigger wall.

If you defund the department of the interior alone ($13 billion, roughly. 2% of the US military budget and less than 50% of the amount for Unemployment, Social Security, and Labor), you lose 70,000 jobs, the oversight of 360,000 acres, the protection of over 1,570 endangered or threatened species, the management of over 800 damns and reservoirs, and lands/offshore areas that produce over 20 percent of the nation's energy. The DOI doesn't lose if it's defunded. We lose.

All that said, I don't think defunding the DOI is one of Trump's intended policies. The point was that a cornerstone of Trump's campaign promises was that the wall would be built, a "real, physical" wall and that Mexico would pay for it. That was his promise. And here we are, a handful of days out from inauguration day, and that promise has been amended.
Procne wrote: Devs have again proven that they dont give a crap about untalented and lazy players.
MarpTarpton
Site Admin

Postby Dallane » Thu Jan 26, 2017 3:06 pm

MarpTarpton wrote:you lose 70,000 jobs

Send them to the wall.

#jobcreation #MAGA
Please click this link for a better salem forum experience

TotalyMeow wrote: Claeyt's perspective of Salem and what it's about is very different from the devs and in many cases is completely the opposite of what we believe.
Dallane

Postby MarpTarpton » Thu Jan 26, 2017 3:13 pm

Dallane wrote:
MarpTarpton wrote:you lose 70,000 jobs

Send them to the wall.

#jobcreation #MAGA

Darwoth wrote:at the end of the day however regardless of any political chest puffing on either side or agreements made he is 100% correct, mexico will absolutely pay for the wall. the second largest income stream for mexico right behind their state owned oil company is money sent back by the illegals, money that leaves our economy and goes to theirs. money that will remain here if even a portion of the illegals are reduced.

Mexico makes $24 billion from fees associated with transferring the money into mexican banks back home. How would the wall stop that huge flow of cash? Of the other $100 billion that is put into Mexico's economy from taking the money home physically, how would a wall stop mailing of funds or embracing the digital age of electronic fund transfers?
Procne wrote: Devs have again proven that they dont give a crap about untalented and lazy players.
MarpTarpton
Site Admin

Postby Dallane » Thu Jan 26, 2017 3:15 pm

MarpTarpton wrote:
Darwoth wrote:at the end of the day however regardless of any political chest puffing on either side or agreements made he is 100% correct, mexico will absolutely pay for the wall. the second largest income stream for mexico right behind their state owned oil company is money sent back by the illegals, money that leaves our economy and goes to theirs. money that will remain here if even a portion of the illegals are reduced.

Mexico makes $24 billion from fees associated with transferring the money into mexican banks back home. How would the wall stop that huge flow of cash? Of the other $100 billion that is put into Mexico's economy from taking the money home physically, how would a wall stop mailing of funds or embracing the digital age of electronic fund transfers?

Most of them don't use banks for this
Please click this link for a better salem forum experience

TotalyMeow wrote: Claeyt's perspective of Salem and what it's about is very different from the devs and in many cases is completely the opposite of what we believe.
Dallane

Postby Syndarn » Thu Jan 26, 2017 3:19 pm

So how do you guys feel about these two things? (science gag order)
http://www.iflscience.com/environment/t ... tists/all/

And this potential order? would suck if it did. (end of free open internet)
http://www.fudzilla.com/news/42720-trum ... id=dlvr.it

Sounds like the there might be a great firewall of America or something :D
Darkness is unknowing, Light is knowing. Shed light to the Darkness to transform it into knowing. Thus it becomes Light.
Darkness is the absence of thought.
Syndarn

Postby MarpTarpton » Thu Jan 26, 2017 3:20 pm

Dallane wrote:
MarpTarpton wrote:Mexico makes $24 billion from fees associated with transferring the money into mexican banks back home. How would the wall stop that huge flow of cash? Of the other $100 billion that is put into Mexico's economy from taking the money home physically, how would a wall stop mailing of funds or embracing the digital age of electronic fund transfers?

Most of them don't use banks for this

I'm sorry, I don't understand. According to The Guardian and the World Bank, 24 billion is indeed processed through financial institutions. It is wired or otherwise sent home through banks and results in $24 billion in profits. So my question is, if $100 billion that leaves the economy is done by hand in traveling across the border, assuming the wall now deters that, what is it about the wall that would stop them from mailing or transferring the funds remotely, through banks or other means?

Edit: 100 billion isn't just influxed into Mexico, by the way. That's spread mostly between the Mexico, China, and the Philipines, but Mexico makes up about half.
MarpTarpton
Site Admin

Postby Darwoth » Thu Jan 26, 2017 3:21 pm

the first step in removing the illegals sending the money is to make it so they can not just walk back across the border a week later with the wall...... or a two mile thick minefield which would be far more effective and a lot cheaper :lol:

stopping the flow of cash is not the objective. mexico paying for the wall is, and if only a small fraction of that money leaving our economy is kept here as a result of building the wall it not only pays for itself (with money that would have gone to mexico, so mexico is paying for it even if indirectly) but also strengthening our own economy over the long term for as long as it stands, particularly in the southwest.
Darwoth

Postby jesi » Thu Jan 26, 2017 3:33 pm

TotalyMeow wrote:
Dallane wrote:They posted incorrect information and aren't following the presidents order to stop social media posting.

Yeah, I'm told they posted some sort of horrible thing about what happened to Japanese Americans during WWII, which is just awful, trying to stir up hate like that.

I assume that was satire. But if anyone doesn't know already what was posted, here is an article containing the posts about internment camps.

http://nymag.com/selectall/2017/01/deat ... nment.html
aptson wrote:
when i make posts on the forums i expect people to spell it out for me because i am new . .
jesi

Postby Darwoth » Thu Jan 26, 2017 3:34 pm

also i suspect the real way mexico will pick up the tab will be through the renegotiated trade deals. since the US has all the power in that discussion it will be easy to leverage mexico into favorable terms. in that scenario both sides can claim victory and save face. the mexican government did not cut a check so "did not pay for it" according to their newspapers and trump can point to the new trade terms and state that the bill for the wall was included in those.
Darwoth

Postby Irving » Thu Jan 26, 2017 7:02 pm

All I know is that my ***** government is filled with retarted ass holes so Im guessing they will accept any deal from USA. These corrupt bastards are only stealing all they can before their time is up. I dont care if they build a wall and I love Mexico but its controlled by the ***** of humans. Example: A ***** piece of **** governor stole money for cancer treatment and gave the children water as "quimo" just to get all the money for himself. This damn country can burn for all I care just hope something nice comes out in the end.
IM BACK!
Irving

PreviousNext

Return to City upon a Hill