Trump's Policies

Forum for off topic and general discussion.

Re: Trump's Policies

Postby TotalyMeow » Sun Jan 29, 2017 6:16 am

Claeyt wrote:This does not happen at every change of presidents and this is not what happened here. Here are articles showing what happened to deny climate change.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/01/25/us/p ... FA&gwt=pay

http://www.cnn.com/2017/01/25/politics/ ... lockdowns/

https://www.theguardian.com/environment ... cal-review

Dude, come on. The NY Times article says that this is perfectly routine, that Obama did the same thing, and that all the stuff from the WH website is archived, not deleted.

The CNN article is doing its best to put a scary spin on things, but it clearly said that this is normal, that the White House hasn't actually given the agencies any specific directives yet, that social media complicates things a bit since this is the first transition that has it and there are no precedents, and that deleted tweets were made by former employees who shouldn't have had access anymore.

The last article again says that the communications blackout is temporary. The people quoted as saying the orders exceed previous ones are former employees, so who knows what grudges they might have. And it also notes that the EPA site hasn't actually changed at all, and it doesn't appear to have when I checked.

Do you have any evidence at all that any studies the scientists in question do will not be published in the appropriate journal? Maybe they won't be on the EPA website, but right now there are studies showing that climate change is not man-made that aren't being put up on the EPA website. Personally, I don't have an opinion either way on whether changing temperatures are man-made or natural but I do think it's a little hypocritical to be angry that a government website might shift from one bias to another. Should want it to be neutral.
Community Manager for Mortal Moments Inc.

Icon wrote:This isn't Farmville with fighting, its Mortal Kombat with corn.
TotalyMeow

Postby Claeyt » Sun Jan 29, 2017 10:16 am

Darwoth wrote:
Paradoxyc wrote:unconstitutional

:lol: :lol: :lol:

nope, fraid not

...aaaaand it's shut down due to it being unconstitutional.

http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing- ... nationwide

Right now the travel ban (if they can get to American soil or currently have legal visa) and refugee ban (All of it was determined to be exclusionary by religion and thus unconstitutional) are both shut down. Another judge is about to set aside any visa denials for people born or who have lived in the 7 countries who currently have legal residence in another country because it's exclusionary based on religion.

So it's done, and all that America lost was our soul. Way to go Trump. Chaos and hatred spread.

meanwhile,

Hundreds of National Security experts say the travel ban made terrorism more likely and Americans less safe.

The Tech industry says the travel ban made us less competitive and hurt us internationally economically.
Claeyt

Postby Dallane » Sun Jan 29, 2017 11:06 am

LOL CLAY is killin me. Wrong at every post!
Please click this link for a better salem forum experience

TotalyMeow wrote: Claeyt's perspective of Salem and what it's about is very different from the devs and in many cases is completely the opposite of what we believe.
Dallane

Postby Darwoth » Sun Jan 29, 2017 11:51 am

a traitorous female liberal judge appointed by obama oversteps their authority with a temporary freeze citing a nonsensical 1965 law from the johnson administration that was made solely in an effort to get around other earlier laws apparently has something to do with the constitution according to claeyt :lol: :lol: :lol:

it also looks to only apply to those here already or in transit with pre existing visas or refugee status which amounts to jack **** and has nothing to do with the wider block on imports.

this is just more stall tactic ***** from the left since their entire powerbase is heavily dependent on flooding the country with third world flotsam with no allegiance to american values and ultimately will do nothing but annoy trump causing him to retaliate with something they will find even more "terrible"
Darwoth

Postby jesi » Sun Jan 29, 2017 1:51 pm

Darwoth wrote:this is just more stall tactic ***** from the left since their entire powerbase is heavily dependent on flooding the country with third world flotsam with no allegiance to american values and ultimately will do nothing but annoy trump causing him to retaliate with something they will find even more "terrible"

An accurate description of how the new administration crafts policy.
aptson wrote:
when i make posts on the forums i expect people to spell it out for me because i am new . .
jesi

Postby Darwoth » Sun Jan 29, 2017 2:12 pm

and exactly why i am a trump fan, he has no problems using the same dirty tactics that the left has employed for decades because he is not a politician, already has billions of dollars and does not give a remote **** about political correctness or getting re elected so literally every single one of the social justice clownass tactics has zero effect :lol: :lol: :lol:
Darwoth

Postby TotalyMeow » Wed Feb 08, 2017 11:32 pm

http://www.politico.com/f/?id=0000015a- ... 78cc9d0001

New poll indicating a general approval of President Trump's policies, though only a very slight approval of Trump himself. Also, people seem to like Judge Gorsuch as a Supreme Court pick.
Community Manager for Mortal Moments Inc.

Icon wrote:This isn't Farmville with fighting, its Mortal Kombat with corn.
TotalyMeow

Postby cyko » Thu Feb 09, 2017 10:36 am

Kocham Kuku \m/
cyko

Previous

Return to City upon a Hill