President Trump's Inauguration

Forum for off topic and general discussion.

Re: President Trump's Inauguration

Postby belgear » Sun Jan 22, 2017 1:31 am

Both sides of the fence need to grow the ***** up.

Congratulations to President Trump. May he live up to his word.
belgear
Customer

Postby Darwoth » Sun Jan 22, 2017 1:57 am

in the endless wave of liberal psychosis washing across the new improved america my favorite so far has to be the california liberal who was "feeling the bern" so much he had to drive all the way to DC to set himself on fire outside trump hotel but could not even do that right, hopefully lots more of the communists will follow his example :lol:

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-01-1 ... auguration
Darwoth

Postby TotalyMeow » Sun Jan 22, 2017 2:04 am

Procne wrote:I am a little scared how this forum turns into Trump supporters' rally.

I like that he spoke of God in his speech. I like that he encouraged people to think of themselves as just American, rather than of some particular race or creed. And I like how little he used the word "I".

And I'm particularly scared when people start to worship their politicians.

Actually, some of the things he's said have made me rather nervous, such as his remarks the other day about wanting to make sure everyone has health insurance and describing something disturbingly near to Obamacare. That, I hope he comes to his senses on, that LESS government involvement in our healthcare system will lead back to better healthcare and healthcare access for pretty much everyone. But when he says good things, I like to be hopeful that he'll follow through on them, and his speech yesterday was overall very good. As far as support goes, he's the president, we should at least offer a modicum of support to him right now and a little bit of faith that he won't totally screw everything up. You know, give him a chance.

When I talk about being happy that he mentions God, I am be no means worshiping Trump, really the opposite. :/ I'm not sure how much you do follow American politics, but in recent years there has been a big push from some quarters to remove any and all Christian, Biblical, and religious references from courthouses and other government buildings on the assumption that separation of church and state should mean totally scrubbing everything even vaguely reverent out of our government. But that is completely misguided because our entire system of law is based on the Judeo-Christian moral code and while we don't want religion ruling our government the way it often did in Europe historically, we absolutely shouldn't try to remove it entirely, and that's why I'm happy to see a more religious president in the White House.

Chrumps wrote:Boasting on how you did not have a coup, by a country which organized and financed coups in multiple countries, most recently Ukraine, is not exactly the way to gain friends among other nations.

Indeed, the past eight years have been especially awful for that and I hope it stops. Trump's speech certainly implied we're going to try to leave off on the meddling for awhile. But yeah, that is the take I got from his speech, that he thinks we've done pretty well to have a peaceful transition of power every election since our founding.

Claeyt wrote:[Trump] had the smallest inaugural crowd.

As for his speech... It was garbage compared to either of Obama's and honestly was just bad writing. Apparently he did it himself with some help and it showed. Anyone who thinks it was inspiring is an idiot.

His first EO was to eliminate mortgage help for the middle class by eliminating tax deductible mortgage write offs for first time home buyers.

His second EO was to eliminate all new regulations and the enforcement of all regulations within the ACA which eliminates the individual mandate of the ACA (Obamacare). This effectively guts it right then and there with absolutely no replacement in place as without the individual mandate the insurance companies will immediately raise rates or drop out of the ACA markets.

This is going to be ugly and every single uninformed person who voted for him is going to regret it eventually as 18-30 million lose their insurance and are only offered useless sky-high deductible insurance by the Republicans by next January. Mark my words.

Compared to Obama, everyone had a small inauguration crowd. Obama was really good at being a popular guy and his election was considered historic so a lot of people wanted to be there. But sure, if you want to say everyone stayed home and live-steamed it, I'm game.

I didn't know Trump wrote that speech himself. I'm actually impressed. Most of the time you don't expect a politician to write his own speech anymore and I always doubt such speeches a little more knowing they were written by an expert wordsmith.

i haven't had time to look up what he has signed so far so I'll have to find some links and see if I can get any coherent facts tonight. If what you say is true, I'm glad, especially about the second one. I wasn't able to get health insurance after Obamacare went into effect, I had to eat the penalty and still pay for my own medical care. I got screwed but it was still cheaper than actually using Obamacare, and quite a few people were in the same boat as me. It seems to me that you might be the one who is uninformed. The sooner that steaming pile of **** is gone the better.
Community Manager for Mortal Moments Inc.

Icon wrote:This isn't Farmville with fighting, its Mortal Kombat with corn.
TotalyMeow

Postby lachlaan » Sun Jan 22, 2017 2:13 am

I hope all the riots and crap die down. Wether or not people agree with Trump doesn't give anyone the right to hurt innocent people and break private or public property alike :\ Dafuq are people thinking .. "We'll show him how bad his morals and values are by becoming savages! Yeah that's it!" :|

Once people start accepting the situation all everyone can do is what they should have done from the beginning of time, and that is to stay informed on what politicians are actually doing like they should've done for all previous administrations, and then act accordingly based on each law passed and each action taken by the administration.

Hopefully Trump ends up doing his job well and does some good things. I can't really understand people of other political affiliations hoping the USA crash and burns or whatever just so they get to say "i told you so". Hell naw man, I hope I'm wrong and Trump turns out an amazing president, i gain nothing from being right, the US gain quite a bit if Trump succeeds tho.

The only tool that should ever be used for political activism is intelligence. Use it, practice it, spread it. Don't be afraid to debate with friends and hopefully not lose friends to different views. All in all if people made sure to shine a positive light on logical thinking and research and just not voting with your ass, then it'd all be a bit better. Ultimately the only wrong vote is a vote where people don't really know why they're voting who they're voting for. As long as they understand the consequences of their vote and did their research then I'd be happy with whoever voted whatever. Good luck murica!
Exactly 6.022 x 10^23 worth of Lach molecules.
lachlaan
Customer

Postby TotalyMeow » Sun Jan 22, 2017 2:19 am

lachlaan wrote:I hope all the riots and crap die down. Wether or not people agree with Trump doesn't give anyone the right to hurt innocent people and break private or public property alike :\ Dafuq are people thinking .. "We'll show him how bad his morals and values are by becoming savages! Yeah that's it!" :|

Yeah, I never understood such riots. Rioting because you're starving and that government building is full of food or some similar thing I can understand. But deciding to destroy some innocent bystander's livelyhood, someone who might even agree with you, just because you're pissed? Come on. But have there been more riots, or just the one in DC? I've been gone all day.

TotalyMeow

Postby Darwoth » Sun Jan 22, 2017 2:26 am

foreign liberal billionaire george soros funds anarchist and communist groups to pitch a fit everytime they lose a large election or a small town needs to be burnt down when a cop defends himself from a criminal of the wrong color, this **** has happened more and more ever since the "protest generation" of the 60s.

personally i enjoy it when screaming throngs of liberal lunatics go ***** because it is almost always over something absolutely ridiculous to everyone else and americans in general have a very short memory, these tantrums are great visual reminders of the differences between the factions making it longer before people get comfortable and let the apathy that created the problem in the first place set back in.
Darwoth

Postby Claeyt » Sun Jan 22, 2017 3:53 am

TotalyMeow wrote:
Chrumps wrote:Boasting on how you did not have a coup, by a country which organized and financed coups in multiple countries, most recently Ukraine, is not exactly the way to gain friends among other nations.

Indeed, the past eight years have been especially awful for that and I hope it stops. Trump's speech certainly implied we're going to try to leave off on the meddling for awhile. But yeah, that is the take I got from his speech, that he thinks we've done pretty well to have a peaceful transition of power every election since our founding.

Especially awful for that? Wtf are you talking about Tmeow? Are you agreeing with his Putin fake news and saying America funded and supported the coup in Ukraine? Churmps is spouting RT nonsense about how the U.S. was responsible and funded the Euromaiden revolution in Ukraine if you didn't understand. Besides this being Putin propaganda and the fearful lie of a dictator and easily proved false, it is also exactly how Trumpian truth misinformation works, like "Crime and murders are up" or "The Economy is in shambles and collapsing" he mentioned in his inaugural speech, even though they are demonstrably untrue. (For the record we're at the lowest murder and crime rate in the last 40 years now and the Economy has slowly grown at around 1.5-2%, the stock market has had it's best 8 years EVER and unemployment is at 4.8%)

Obama was the least warmongering president we've had since Carter. Yes there were drone strikes in various countries but he hasn't placed us in any single country with non-special forces and he's removed us from Afganistan and Iraq without their countries collapsing. As for coups, that's just nonsense. Obama didn't start Euromaiden, Turkish coups or the Arab spring. Instead the slow dead hands of the their "dear leaders" such as Putin's pushed the people in those countries to react to the authoritarian regimes robbing their countries blind.

Go read other sources than Russian sources Chrumps. Putin's oligarchy is lying to you.

Darwoth wrote:foreign liberal billionaire george soros funds anarchist and communist groups to pitch a fit everytime they lose a large election or a small town needs to be burnt down when a cop defends himself from a criminal of the wrong color, this **** has happened more and more ever since the "protest generation" of the 60s.

This is also a lie. The people are protesting and their views are the majority. Trump lost the total vote count and he isn't acting like it when he wants to tear it down. People protest and burn limo's when their government doesn't represent them at all. What we're seeing is one of the largest disassociation between the views of Americans and it's supposed representative government in U.S. history.

The majority of Americans did not want Trump (52% voted against), they don't want Obama care to be destroyed, (64% say fix, don't get rid of) they don't want guns to be so easily available (82% of Americans want stricter gun laws), they don't want abortion to be made illegal (65% want abortion to be available to women, 83% of women say this). What we're seeing is the people saying NO to the republican party who does not represent them and is only in power nationally due to the electoral college, massive voter suppression in cities, and gerrymandered districts.

Get ready for 4 years of this chaos. Divest now, fair warning.
Claeyt

Postby Dallane » Sun Jan 22, 2017 4:12 am

Congrats clay. Since you wanted to go off on a tangent about the middle east, Ukraine, democratic voting, gun control, crime, and general sjw nonsense that isn't related to Trump's inauguration. You can spend your time learning to make new threads to talk about what you want instead of derailing. If you didn't like what he said then simply state that in a coherent argument instead of going off the rails about any and everything. You are the direct result of this thread derailing since you state very inaccurate things and people feel the need to correct your outrageous statements.
Please click this link for a better salem forum experience

TotalyMeow wrote: Claeyt's perspective of Salem and what it's about is very different from the devs and in many cases is completely the opposite of what we believe.
Dallane

Postby Paradoxyc » Sun Jan 22, 2017 7:04 am

TIL Claeyt is now dubbed Clay
Paradoxyc
Customer

Postby TotalyMeow » Sun Jan 22, 2017 8:00 am

Paradoxyc wrote:TIL Claeyt is now dubbed Clay

Yeah, I don't know, someone called him that a few days back and it stuck now?

Insane conspiracy theory derails aside, I still can't seem to find anything useful about Trump's executive orders from Friday. federalregister.gov doesn't have anything for Trump yet, and neither does the White House page, though it looks like they've been updating quite a bit. What I can find is encouraging, but there's no original text. :(

TotalyMeow

PreviousNext

Return to City upon a Hill