Mexico School Shooting

Forum for off topic and general discussion.

Mexico School Shooting

Postby Paradoxyc » Thu Jan 19, 2017 9:23 pm

Very sad, RIP to these children.

Warning - VERY GRAPHIC, Proceed with caution

More fuel for the gun control debate...

Newslink: Student shoots teacher, classmates, then kills himself, authorities say http://www.cbsnews.com/news/monterrey-m ... thorities/
Last edited by Paradoxyc on Thu Jan 19, 2017 9:32 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Paradoxyc
Customer

Re: Mexico School Shooting

Postby TotalyMeow » Thu Jan 19, 2017 9:29 pm

I'm not sure how gun control would have done anything to help this situation since the gun would have been purchased based on his parents' qualifications. Seems to be more of an argument for reevaluating how we deal with raising children, helping teenagers become responsible adults, and mental health issues.
Community Manager for Mortal Moments Inc.

Icon wrote:This isn't Farmville with fighting, its Mortal Kombat with corn.
TotalyMeow

Postby Dallane » Thu Jan 19, 2017 9:58 pm

Paradoxyc wrote:More fuel for the gun control debate...

>mexico

How does this relate to america's gun debate?
Please click this link for a better salem forum experience

TotalyMeow wrote: Claeyt's perspective of Salem and what it's about is very different from the devs and in many cases is completely the opposite of what we believe.
Dallane

Postby Paradoxyc » Thu Jan 19, 2017 10:16 pm

Dallane wrote:
Paradoxyc wrote:More fuel for the gun control debate...

>mexico

How does this relate to america's gun debate?

I'm not taking sides on the issue, I'm just saying that this will be another reference to gun control in general, not only in American politics.
Paradoxyc
Customer

Postby TotalyMeow » Thu Jan 19, 2017 10:27 pm

I'm not sure what Mexico's policies are on gun control, are you? If you want to try to make this about gun control, that's a significant factor.

TotalyMeow

Postby saltmummy » Thu Jan 19, 2017 10:35 pm

If paradoxyc hadn't brought it up, claeyt would have. Would you rather have paradoxycs short and sweet OP on the matter? Or claeyts long winded barrage of retarded ***** OP? I guess the end result is the same though.
Darwoth wrote:you know, cause they were obviously fascist white supremacist burrito nazis.

I had a great dream where I was a handsome skeleton in a tower.
saltmummy

Postby TotalyMeow » Thu Jan 19, 2017 10:49 pm

A quick read of wikipeadia (probably accurate enough for this), tells me that Mexico allows the private ownership of only a few types and calibers of gun and that these are not allowed to be taken outside the home either concealed or open carry unless specifically authorized by their security administration, unless you are military or police or someone similar. So, I guess this mostly implys that stricter gun laws don't prevent things like this?

TotalyMeow

Postby Paradoxyc » Thu Jan 19, 2017 10:52 pm

TotalyMeow wrote:A quick read of wikipeadia (probably accurate enough for this), tells me that Mexico allows the private ownership of only a few types and calibers of gun and that these are not allowed to be taken outside the home either concealed or open carry unless specifically authorized by their security administration, unless you are military or police or someone similar. So, I guess this mostly implys that stricter gun laws don't prevent things like this?

Like I said not taking sides, moreso what Saltmummy said - I know someone will bring it up anyway so figured I'd mention it
Paradoxyc
Customer

Postby Dallane » Fri Jan 20, 2017 12:34 am

Paradoxyc wrote:
TotalyMeow wrote:A quick read of wikipeadia (probably accurate enough for this), tells me that Mexico allows the private ownership of only a few types and calibers of gun and that these are not allowed to be taken outside the home either concealed or open carry unless specifically authorized by their security administration, unless you are military or police or someone similar. So, I guess this mostly implys that stricter gun laws don't prevent things like this?

Like I said not taking sides, moreso what Saltmummy said - I know someone will bring it up anyway so figured I'd mention it

Cleaty only cares if american white children are killed with guns. Anyone else life doesn't matter to liberals.
Please click this link for a better salem forum experience

TotalyMeow wrote: Claeyt's perspective of Salem and what it's about is very different from the devs and in many cases is completely the opposite of what we believe.
Dallane

Postby Nikixos » Fri Jan 20, 2017 2:58 am

I'm surprised there is a thread about it here. There is strict gun control in Mexico as meow said, the kid's father had a lot of guns in his house because he had hunting as one of his hobbies so that's how he got the gun, but this is also the first school shooting ever happening in the country, the kid used .22 caliber and shot 1 fatty and his teacher in the head but so far only the perpetrator is confirmed as dead, the other people he shot have not died yet...
The kid was not a victim of bullying or anything like that so it seems strange what he did... Media only said he was "depressed" and might have been conviced by a facebook group to do it
Image Image
Nikixos

Next

Return to City upon a Hill