The Trump / Russia Controversy

Forum for off topic and general discussion.

Re: Our new President is a piss soaked Russian double agent

Postby saltmummy » Thu Jan 19, 2017 7:50 pm

It'll be interesting to say the least.
Darwoth wrote:you know, cause they were obviously fascist white supremacist burrito nazis.

I had a great dream where I was a handsome skeleton in a tower.
saltmummy

Postby TotalyMeow » Thu Jan 19, 2017 9:11 pm

Syndarn wrote:Hello!

Here is a quote from my reply in the NSA snowden thread from Jan 10, 2014.

Syndarn wrote:...

You will probably have a civil war at your hands soon, i do hope that it doesn't come to that. But i think the future looks very dark for you. Maybe you should open your eyes.

I am personally troubled of what is becoming of America, and i am not even it's citizen. I am very surprised that you don't even raise a eyebrow to question the actions of your own government.

So i hear there is a big riot planned to Trumps Inauguration. I hope i heard lots of lies. Good luck guys.

Certain people are having the equivalent of a temper tantrum right now over the massive failure of Obama which lead directly to the country basically electing Obama's arch nemesis to the White House, but it's not going to be a civil war. Unless you count the likelyhood of everything Obama did being effectively erased and the possible dissolution of the democratic party as a civil war. I'm rather hoping the libertarian party can benefit from this and really wish their chosen candidate for this last election hadn't been such a lunatic, they might have been a little more prominent right now.
Community Manager for Mortal Moments Inc.

Icon wrote:This isn't Farmville with fighting, its Mortal Kombat with corn.
TotalyMeow

Postby Dallane » Thu Jan 19, 2017 9:53 pm

TotalyMeow wrote:I'm rather hoping the libertarian party can benefit from this and really wish their chosen candidate for this last election hadn't been such a lunatic, they might have been a little more prominent right now.

100x this. That guy was insane.
Please click this link for a better salem forum experience

TotalyMeow wrote: Claeyt's perspective of Salem and what it's about is very different from the devs and in many cases is completely the opposite of what we believe.
Dallane

Postby Claeyt » Fri Jan 20, 2017 5:34 am

TotalyMeow wrote:Unless you count the likelyhood of everything Obama did being effectively erased and the possible dissolution of the democratic party as a civil war. I'm rather hoping the libertarian party can benefit from this and really wish their chosen candidate for this last election hadn't been such a lunatic, they might have been a little more prominent right now.

It is physically impossible to "erase" everything Obama did as we're seeing with the ACA alone. There is no going back on gay rights, the changes to the economy, including the Paris accord, or to many of the executive orders he signed.

As for dissolution of the democratic party, that's just stupid. Trump did not even get a majority of the presidential votes. He took 3 states with less than 200,000 votes out of 20 million cast in those 3 states to win the electoral college (which was created to count slaves in the south and is broken beyond all repair). Don't forget the Republicans lost congressional and Senate seats this past election. They might hold the Senate in 2 years but they'll lose congress if the trends since 2010 hold out. At the state level, although the democrats have lost the most, they lost less this election than in 2010. 'Gerrymandering' and 'Voter Suppression' the 2 main tools of the Republican party's maintaining their control in swing states are being challenged at all levels of the judiciary and they will both be in front of the Supreme court within 2 years and the swing vote has said he would consider changes to gerrymandering in interviews and it was 5-4 to the voting rights act that is allowing voter suppression tactics like what we've seen. The politically gerrymandered districts were just recently thrown out in both Wisconsin and N. Carolina. The Democratic party is still 51% of the vote and is far from gone, in fact 2 years from now I still think that the Republican party will be the most changed by Trump while the Democrats harden into the party of Bernie Sanders's ideas which are polling a lot better than Trump right now.

As for the topic of this thread (stop derailing Tmeow and Dallane):

Just released today: the 5 agency task force (which has nothing to do with the 35 page dossier, which is a seperate CIA investigation) is focusing on 3 Trump associates and their communications with Russian Intelligence during the campaign. This is separate from Paul Manafort's other FBI investigation into his illegal ties to the Ukrainian pro-Russian government before Euromaiden.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/01/19/us/p ... share&_r=0

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/edblog/fed ... associates

Someone's getting arrested and that leads to Trump.
Claeyt

Postby TotalyMeow » Fri Jan 20, 2017 6:19 am

Claeyt wrote:Just released today: the 5 agency task force (which has nothing to do with the 35 page dossier, which is a seperate CIA investigation) is focusing on 3 Trump associates and their communications with Russian Intelligence during the campaign. This is separate from Paul Manafort's other FBI investigation into his illegal ties to the Ukrainian pro-Russian government before Euromaiden.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/01/19/us/p ... share&_r=0

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/edblog/fed ... associates

Someone's getting arrested and that leads to Trump.

The second article is an article about how the NY Times wrote the first article you linked. :lol: The NY Times article had this to say:

The investigators have accelerated their efforts in recent weeks but have found no conclusive evidence of wrongdoing, the officials said. One official said intelligence reports based on some of the wiretapped communications had been provided to the White House.

Counterintelligence investigations examine the connections between American citizens and foreign governments. Those connections can involve efforts to steal state or corporate secrets, curry favor with American government leaders or influence policy. It is unclear which Russian officials are under investigation, or what particular conversations caught the attention of American eavesdroppers. The legal standard for opening these investigations is low, and prosecutions are rare.

So, they have no proof of anything and didn't really need any evidence to start or continue this investigation. It seems to me that a great deal of effort is going in to trying to heap fake scandals onto Trump in the hopes that sheer volume will overwhelm people's sensibilities and they'll start believing this ***** again. Now you find me something that says "Proof Found" I might be more convinced.

Meanwhile, your gleefully hypocritical 'stop derailing' has been heard. If you don't want to talk about our soon-to-be-former (can't come soon enough) president in the same thread as our new president, I'll make a nice thread just for him.
Community Manager for Mortal Moments Inc.

Icon wrote:This isn't Farmville with fighting, its Mortal Kombat with corn.
TotalyMeow

Postby Dallane » Fri Jan 20, 2017 2:33 pm

Jesus cleaty doesn't even read the links he is posting. Just grabbing anything off reddit and throwing it up here.
Please click this link for a better salem forum experience

TotalyMeow wrote: Claeyt's perspective of Salem and what it's about is very different from the devs and in many cases is completely the opposite of what we believe.
Dallane

Postby saltmummy » Fri Jan 20, 2017 5:30 pm

inauguration day is here and it certainly doesn't look like the small event they claimed it was going to be.

But the look on Trumps face suggests he isn't quiet awake yet. Either that or he's just keeping a very straight face, which makes him look bored and unhappy about the whole thing.

And bill clinton doesn't look like a zombie for once.
Darwoth wrote:you know, cause they were obviously fascist white supremacist burrito nazis.

I had a great dream where I was a handsome skeleton in a tower.
saltmummy

Postby Claeyt » Fri Jan 20, 2017 10:09 pm

TotalyMeow wrote:The second article is an article about how the NY Times wrote the first article you linked. :lol: The NY Times article had this to say:

The second article had more on the intercepts.

You're arguing against 2 separate months long investigations by the CIA, FBI and Treasury meaning nothing? The FBI intercepts investigation has been going on since August with 4 agencies attached to it. Why would you think that's nothing?
Claeyt

Postby AcidSpiral » Fri Jan 20, 2017 10:44 pm

Claeyt wrote:
TotalyMeow wrote:The second article is an article about how the NY Times wrote the first article you linked. :lol: The NY Times article had this to say:

The second article had more on the intercepts.

You're arguing against 2 separate months long investigations by the CIA, FBI and Treasury meaning nothing? The FBI intercepts investigation has been going on since August with 4 agencies attached to it. Why would you think that's nothing?

"Allegedly going on."
AcidSpiral
Customer

Postby Darwoth » Fri Jan 20, 2017 11:33 pm

shut up claeyt

Darwoth

PreviousNext

Return to City upon a Hill