Fort Lauderdale Airport Shooting

Forum for off topic and general discussion.

Re: Fort Lauderdale Airport Shooting

Postby core1984 » Sat Jan 07, 2017 7:29 pm

Darwoth wrote:the majority of the world absolutely lives in an orwellian nightmare, the united states is the last bastion of personal freedom in the world and has been for a very long time.

I'm not a murican, and all I can say is true.
core1984

Postby TotalyMeow » Sun Jan 08, 2017 1:10 am

Claeyt wrote:First off, this was in the baggage claim zone where no one is allowed to carry a gun because they just got off a plane. If they do have a gun it's in their bag, just like this guy had his when he took it out of the bag, loaded it and strode out shoooting.

Actually, the baggage claim area is outside security and right next to the entrance/exit. So, someone with a gun can walk in off the street as well.
Community Manager for Mortal Moments Inc.

Icon wrote:This isn't Farmville with fighting, its Mortal Kombat with corn.
TotalyMeow

Postby Dallane » Sun Jan 08, 2017 1:36 am

TotalyMeow wrote:
Claeyt wrote:First off, this was in the baggage claim zone where no one is allowed to carry a gun because they just got off a plane. If they do have a gun it's in their bag, just like this guy had his when he took it out of the bag, loaded it and strode out shoooting.

Actually, the baggage claim area is outside security and right next to the entrance/exit. So, someone with a gun can walk in off the street as well.

Also all states but 5 of them it's legal to conceal carry outside of the secure area. This terrorist could of been stopped if someone was allowed to CC there.
Please click this link for a better salem forum experience

TotalyMeow wrote: Claeyt's perspective of Salem and what it's about is very different from the devs and in many cases is completely the opposite of what we believe.
Dallane

Postby Claeyt » Sun Jan 08, 2017 7:08 am

Dallane wrote:Also all states but 5 of them it's legal to conceal carry outside of the secure area. This terrorist could of been stopped if someone was allowed to CC there.

They are reporting that there were 5 armed sheriffs deputies and something like 20 armed Federal Security personal on site, most of whom responded in less than a minute. Why would anyone randomly walking through the baggage claim exit of the Airport carrying a gun have been able to stop him but not the armed police in the 30 seconds or so that he shot people and then layed down to surrender? It's just stupid to think that anyone could have stopped this because our carry laws are to loose. Access to guns kills people and you're just an idiot if you think anything else but more control in our gun laws can stop shootings like this. This does not happen in the rest of the world.

As for the baggage claim exit being open, some aren't. I don't know if this one was but many don't allow outsiders to just walk in where the bags are getting off, especially international airports.
Claeyt

Postby Darwoth » Sun Jan 08, 2017 7:20 am

"on site" means at the airport responding to the radio call *****, additionally other terrorists and those they have shot disagree that it does not happen in the rest of the world.

a ccw holder may or may not have clipped him before he shot as many, the potential for the outcome is all that matters. and that potential outcome was removed when a moron like you decided that the people of florida should just be walking targets
Darwoth

Postby TotalyMeow » Sun Jan 08, 2017 7:35 am

Claeyt wrote:As for the baggage claim exit being open, some aren't. I don't know if this one was but many don't allow outsiders to just walk in where the bags are getting off, especially international airports.

Nope, you're talking out of your ass here because I've been in several airports, including international ones, and the baggage claim is near the doors because people leaving will walk past them on their way out that way. And they are certainly 'open' if by that you mean outside the secure area for the obvious reason that they are checked baggage. Fort Lauderdale Airport is no different if you bother to go look at a terminal map.

I'm also pretty skeptical that so many armed security and police were right there when this happened. I'm guessing those are numbers for the airport as a whole and it's a pretty big airport. There might not have been any security personnel in the immediate area at all.
Community Manager for Mortal Moments Inc.

Icon wrote:This isn't Farmville with fighting, its Mortal Kombat with corn.
TotalyMeow

Postby Adelewhy » Sun Jan 08, 2017 10:19 am

Claeyt wrote:
Dallane wrote:Also all states but 5 of them it's legal to conceal carry outside of the secure area. This terrorist could of been stopped if someone was allowed to CC there.

They are reporting that there were 5 armed sheriffs deputies and something like 20 armed Federal Security personal on site, most of whom responded in less than a minute.

This does not happen in the rest of the world.

As for the baggage claim exit being open, some aren't. I don't know if this one was but many don't allow outsiders to just walk in where the bags are getting off, especially international airports.

Responded as in they were headed there. Armed security of all types are always in the area where passengers are being screened as that's the more common area for a weapon of any type to be found. If you do a google search you'll see that baggage areas of an airport are seen as "soft targets" as they are normally NOT guarded by anyone. Idk what airports you go to, but all the ones I've been to the baggage area is usually in an area easily accessible... typically RIGHT BESIDE THE ROAD for easy loading and pickup by taxis. Anyone can walk in with a gun or any other type of weapon. It may not be "allowed" in some areas but it's completely possible.. also possible for them to get away with it as long as they don't show it and stay in the "public" areas away from the security check in. Attacks happen at a lot of airports, Turkey just had an attack not so long ago. Also does it ever occur to you that some countries don't allow certain information out of the country? So we can't be certain if places like Russia or China have had issues because they lock down their damn net and people disappear still for talking too much.

As for if someone allowed to CC could have stopped him BEFORE he shot someone the first time, we don't know for sure if they'd have been quick enough if no one realized what he was up to but the gunman had time to reload and I can say for sure that if someone was CC he would have been shot before he was able to reload at least.
Adelewhy

Postby Dallane » Sun Jan 08, 2017 1:39 pm

Claeyt wrote:

They are reporting that there were 5 armed sheriffs deputies and something like 20 armed Federal Security personal on site, most of whom responded in less than a minute. Why would anyone randomly walking through the baggage claim exit of the Airport carrying a gun have been able to stop him but not the armed police in the 30 seconds or so that he shot people and then layed down to surrender? It's just stupid to think that anyone could have stopped this because our carry laws are to loose. Access to guns kills people and you're just an idiot if you think anything else but more control in our gun laws can stop shootings like this. This does not happen in the rest of the world.

You have once again bent the truth on the Federal Security personal. Those are TSA agents and they are beyond worthless in all aspects of security. They are the definition of "security theater" and do absolutely nothing to safeguard the airport for the flights in and out of it. It's unfortunate that the people killed and injured where not able to defend themselves. Shame on you for endorsing terrorism and wanting to tear this country asunder by taking away our god given rights.

TotalyMeow wrote: Claeyt's perspective of Salem and what it's about is very different from the devs and in many cases is completely the opposite of what we believe.
Dallane

Postby AcidSpiral » Sun Jan 08, 2017 8:14 pm

Every airport I have ever been in has open access to baggage claim. Most of those international airports. I could write a big long winded post but honestly the only thing that needs to be said...

Claeyt you're a ***** idiot.
AcidSpiral
Customer

Postby Dallane » Sun Jan 08, 2017 11:53 pm

AcidSpiral wrote:Every airport I have ever been in has open access to baggage claim. Most of those international airports. I could write a big long winded post but honestly the only thing that needs to be said...

Claeyt you're a ***** idiot.

Just further proves that cleaty has never actually seen the world outside of his window.

Dallane

PreviousNext

Return to City upon a Hill