World 10 hmmm

Forum for off topic and general discussion.

Re: World 10 hmmm

Postby Kerryann » Wed Jan 04, 2017 10:20 pm

Claeyt wrote:
Kerryann wrote:@ Claeyt ... you do this everytime anything new happens at Haven, including coming over to our forums only to be derisive and antagonistic, you wouldn't act in that kind of immature way unless you felt Salem was severely threatened by H&H ... :)

You do your favourite game no favours either ... your attitude simply means you either get ignored or ridiculed. :?

A lot of players enjoy both games which is a good thing for both development teams, no-one has to chose one or the other, which ultimately is a good thing for both games player bases.

There are not 3 wipes a year, as others have said, the reason for this wipe is due to all the new content and new mechanics the devs have introduced during world 9 and want to see played out in a new world. :)

I fully understand that some players like both games and there are some things that have improved with HnH like the graphics but it is a horribly grindy game which is wiped much more than Salem which is also a horribly grindy game. Why play a grindy game if it just gets wiped every year? It's almost as if the only reason Jorbtar wipe it is to give the people who got raided something to hope for next time (and of course a reason to keep paying the subscription).

Good grindy MMO games like EVE, Salem and Black Desert DO NOT wipe their servers, they adapt them to new content with more new content and keep their history so as to make the game deeper and more meaningful. Slowly groups die, bases fall and corrode and new bases and groups rise. Even as huge big teams like the Tribe, Rustatorium, Valhalla and City of Dreams split, break up and slowly fade away, their bases or the outline of their bases still stand there to provide a meaningful history to the game and whats happened so far.

I'm not arguing the pro's and con's of a persistent world vs a non-persistent one though ... but nice try at a side-step. :)

I'm not entirely sure what Salems aim is long term as I don't play here anymore but from what you say it is to have a persistent world, which incidentally is also the aim of Haven and to get into the position where that is viable both games have had resets. Salems devs clearly think their game is now ready for that, going by your words, ours don't, it is far better to be sure you have the correct mechanics to ensure a persistent world than to have a stagnated persistent world with players dropping off, which has happened in both games over the time they have been running.

If Salem has indeed reached that goal then congratulations! That is awesome. :D
Hopefully we will get there too and as Dallane says, there is a lot more to Haven than just some new graphics. :)
Kerryann

Postby Dallane » Wed Jan 04, 2017 10:25 pm

Dallane wrote:
Claeyt wrote:
Dallane wrote:Look at you falling for the liberal poison.

Here's another reason to hate HnH. Jorb sets aside his libertarian nonsense, anyone can post anything philosophy when it suits him. The dev's here rightfully have no problem with HnH players announcing world 10 over here because they realize that both games are liked and played by the player base of both games while Jorb immediately bans me for posting that our PvP server just finished and a new one is coming soon. I even have an active account with a character on it over there.

So much for unregulated forums and Jorbtar's libertarian freedoms. :lol: :lol: :lol:

You were banned because you are a total ***** retard who only **** post. OP to this thread is a gold star member who wasn't *****. You post about this game when there is no set date of the expedition and no actual news on it. How many times has Meow told you to stay off their forums? How many times has Meow told you to stop advertising this game because you do more harm than good when you tell other people about the game.

Holy **** now that I actually read what you said no wonder you were banned. You got pissed because Jorb cleaned up your thread and removed the retarded **** you were saying as it was clear you only wanted people to leave hnh for here. So he made a actual post promoting this game then you keep on **** posting calling them bad devs. Then you kept on posting your limp wristed arguments from here to the community that actually knows whats going on with that game compared to here. If you did that here I would of also banned you. Get over yourself.
Please click this link for a better salem forum experience

TotalyMeow wrote: Claeyt's perspective of Salem and what it's about is very different from the devs and in many cases is completely the opposite of what we believe.
Dallane

Postby Claeyt » Wed Jan 04, 2017 10:41 pm

Kerryann wrote:If Salem has indeed reached that goal then congratulations! That is awesome. :D
Hopefully we will get there too and as Dallane says, there is a lot more to Haven than just some new graphics. :)

I don't think any MMO should ever be done developing, or ever have no new goals to reach. The good ones keep going in the same world and don't wipe.

Yes, there is more to Haven than new graphics. The added some cool new mechanics (kingdoms, caves and some new food creation mechanics, also the just plain have more stuff to make in the game) but the over arching mechanics haven't changed much and are bad. I haven't played it as much as Salem by a long shot, but....

The PvP/PvE system is nonsense compared to Salem's. The system of getting points from just picking up new **** in the world or crafting new stuff once is more complicated, grindier and much worse than Salem's inspi study system. The raiding system is zerg based and too easy so as to make hermittng or small group bases useless when attacked by a large group and because of that there are less ways for single players to succeed in the game compared to Salem (see Darwoth's success). The map is way to big, especially with no easy fast travel access to your friends. The trading system (unless they've changed it in the last year) is non-existent (especially for smaller players). It's still purity location based which is by far the best thing Salem ever dropped and allows large groups to control game winning materials.

The subscription pay system alone (and the way they rolled it out) is bad and is the main reason I stopped playing with my group last fall in 2015.
Claeyt

Postby Kerryann » Wed Jan 04, 2017 10:57 pm

You don't give up easily do you ... :lol:

But seriously, I'm really not interested in feeding your issues or arguing with you over a game I clearly enjoy and you clearly don't! I only came here to point out you do yourself and your game no favours, as I've done that now and you have rightly been banned from our forum, I'll just leave you to it ... have fun! :)
Kerryann

Postby Dallane » Wed Jan 04, 2017 10:58 pm

Claeyt wrote: I stopped playing with my group last fall in 2015.

You don't have a group

TotalyMeow wrote: Claeyt's perspective of Salem and what it's about is very different from the devs and in many cases is completely the opposite of what we believe.
Dallane

Postby Claeyt » Wed Jan 04, 2017 11:00 pm

Kerryann wrote:You don't give up easily do you ... :lol:

This is why Jorb refuse to let me argue against his ideas about the world (Massonic Libertarianism) and bans me after he loses the argument/internet-forum-game.

Dallane wrote:

You don't have a group

I don't now, but I played with 3 or 4 players a year and a half ago. I also tried a little hermitting but then quit in the fall. I've played every world since Salem began, except this last one just to see their game mechanics thinking. I never said I was big or even medium sized but I tried them.
Last edited by Claeyt on Wed Jan 04, 2017 11:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Claeyt

Postby Judaism » Wed Jan 04, 2017 11:01 pm

Meh eleven months without actual large changes gives no incentive to wipe. I woudn't be upset about 2 year servers roundabout and maybe ending mechanics put in somewhere after a year.

From what I quickly gathered on the forums, theres too few changes to justify a wipe.

Altough, I have always wanted to give Haven a try and this is yet another perfect oppertunity, I don't think that I will.
JohnCarver wrote:Mortal Moments Inc. is not here to cannibalize the community or piece out the code. We are not here because we wish to institute pay to win models or PvE servers. Quite the contrary.
Judaism
Customer

Postby Dallane » Wed Jan 04, 2017 11:20 pm

Claeyt wrote:
Kerryann wrote:You don't give up easily do you ... :lol:

This is why Jorb refuse to let me argue against his ideas about the world (Massonic Libertarianism) and bans me after he loses the argument/internet-forum-game.

Dallane wrote:

You don't have a group

I don't now, but I played with 3 or 4 players a year and a half ago. I also tried a little hermitting but then quit in the fall. I've played every world since Salem began, except this last one just to see their game mechanics thinking. I never said I was big or even medium sized but I tried them.

JC banned you for being un-American which you lost your mind in PMs over. You also did not win any arguments against jorb

Dallane

Postby Claeyt » Wed Jan 04, 2017 11:32 pm

Dallane wrote:JC banned you for being un-American which you lost your mind in PMs over. You also did not win any arguments against jorb

...and then he jokingly unbanned me. :roll:

JC's ideology (Jingoistic Orange County S&M Trumpreaganstan) is at least open to arguments and is funny compared to Jorb's darker Sweadish timeline.
Claeyt

Postby Ghilliedhu » Wed Jan 04, 2017 11:50 pm

wow u guys all sure got p buttmad about being reminded that u suck at a game that you apparently dont care about at all and think sucks
- Aleck
Ghilliedhu

PreviousNext

Return to City upon a Hill