World 10 hmmm

Forum for off topic and general discussion.

Re: World 10 hmmm

Postby Realak » Thu Jan 05, 2017 2:05 am

Holy **** Claeyt calm the ***** down. People can like both games. Salem will be fine.

For the people hating on the amount of wipes, just simply take a look at the update announcements over the years. Pretty constantly such big core mechanics are changed that a wipe is just necessary to test them. People also fade out on Haven much quicker after reaching a certain progression level. Being a hermit is not the correct option as playing with people always increases interest in playing. Same as here.
Jorb and Loftar don't have pay to win store packs like Salem does (or pay for quicker/better convience, whatever) so it really shouldn't be an issue to drop them a sub or one time payment. In regards to crying about inventory spaces, yes you might have to return from a forage expedition with slightly less items, but if your boating, you got chests in the boat etc etc (backback with leather working etc)

It's really not that bad.
Oops. I Dropped My Doritos. ¦]
▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲
▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼
Realak

Postby Reviresco » Thu Jan 05, 2017 2:11 am

I would play H&H if Salem didn't exist, so they should be grateful to the new Salem Devs. :D
Reviresco

Postby Realak » Thu Jan 05, 2017 4:05 am

Providence is pretty stagnant right now is it not? and the expedition launch time is unknown. Ideally, JC should wait until the "new server hype" fades off in HnH (couple weeks to a month depending on how much early world pvp and quitters there is, happens every time) and then launch the expedition to utilize getting max population. ;)
Oops. I Dropped My Doritos. ¦]
▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼
Realak

Postby jesi » Thu Jan 05, 2017 10:31 am

The last time I played Haven, last year, I had the most fun and the most frustration. I got run over by a group of Koreans and then took my revenge killings to a whole new level for me. Only problem was I was forced to play the last 2 hours relying on airport internet connections.

I may give the new world a go for a time. I ran into some very nice people there. But it is a time consuming game in the beginning.
aptson wrote:
when i make posts on the forums i expect people to spell it out for me because i am new . .
jesi

Postby kabuto202 » Sat Jan 07, 2017 2:27 am

Every time worlds wipe or new servers get thrown up we're going to have this weird interaction between Salem and HnH players as we desperately try to convince our other halves to abandon their janky masochism simulator of choice and give it's weird sibling another try. We're like two fractured ******** ¦] communities forever trying to fill the empty void in our heart that was left by Ultima Online so many years ago.
kabuto202

Postby Coveredwagon » Sat Jan 07, 2017 2:56 am

I like both games, although I never spent much time on HnH. But the setting and graphic look uniquely enough for me and a few of the game mechanics, although similar in nature, are different enough to make them interesting and exciting to learn.

But the thing that keeps me bound to Salem is that I know this game very well, I have the feeling it is even more complex and I know people here, but not in HnH and I can only play one game like this actively.

Both games are so different from basically all other existing games, that I am surprised there are not many more players. It feels like every year there are like 100 new ego-shooters and MOBAs, but also low quality games of the typical other genres and Salem for example is so unique with their systems that no other game seems familiar to it. Even the setting is basically untouched by any other game, which makes it even more unbelievable to me.

For me there are good reasons for resets and against them, but if I had to chose, I would probably go for the permanent one. Although I am exited for the next expedition.
Some people are so busy learning the tricks of the trade that they never learn the trade.
Coveredwagon

Postby gorniksam » Sat Jan 07, 2017 3:16 am

Coveredwagon wrote:Salem is that I know this game very well.

:lol: :lol: :lol:
gorniksam

Postby Dallane » Sat Jan 07, 2017 4:18 am

kabuto202 wrote:Every time worlds wipe or new servers get thrown up we're going to have this weird interaction between Salem and HnH players as we desperately try to convince our other halves to abandon their janky masochism simulator of choice and give it's weird sibling another try. We're like two fractured ******** ¦] communities forever trying to fill the empty void in our heart that was left by Ultima Online so many years ago.

The only weird interacts that happen is cleaty going to one side or the other and making a fool of himself and our community. Other than that everyone just minds their own business and just has fun with the games they enjoy.
Please click this link for a better salem forum experience

TotalyMeow wrote: Claeyt's perspective of Salem and what it's about is very different from the devs and in many cases is completely the opposite of what we believe.
Dallane

Postby saltmummy » Sat Jan 07, 2017 9:04 am

As much as I look down my nose at what H&H has become, I still owe it a great deal of respect for what it brought me in many areas beyond video games.
Darwoth wrote:you know, cause they were obviously fascist white supremacist burrito nazis.

I had a great dream where I was a handsome skeleton in a tower.
saltmummy

Postby Amnezia88 » Mon Jan 09, 2017 6:26 pm

Cute :)
Nobody is innocent, there are merely varying levels of guilt.
Amnezia88
Customer

PreviousNext

Return to City upon a Hill