Claeyt Streamer Derail

Forum for off topic and general discussion.

Claeyt Streamer Derail

Postby Claeyt » Wed Dec 21, 2016 3:24 am

Dallane wrote:
shizuka wrote:makes me so sad to see how little interest people from Salem take in twitch, watching/ and making the effort to stream etc.

It's mostly because it's a really boring game to watch unless you are fighting which most people here don't want to do. It can also get you killed.

That's *****. There are literally thousands of minecraft, 'don't starve' and eve streamers active right now. Other little crafting MMO's are also active.

What this game lacks is support for streamers here on the forum and in the game and honestly your attacking people and threads that help streamers and which are just trying to get the word out has also turned people off from streaming.

As for this thread:

I called for a streaming list thread to be stickied years ago and was told by you to ***** off. I monitored Twitch, put together, added players and maintained the old thread for a year with nothing but ***** from management and then JC says that he appreciates that saltmummy copies a thread of mine after years of me being harassed about maintaining a thread like this. I begged JC to do more with streamers as it's basically free advertising for the game with mostly other people doing the work. I was attacked and told to ***** off when I asked Tmeow to sticky my thread. I was told I shouldn't help streamers, shouldn't encourage streamers and told it didn't matter if I did. I gave JC a list of things to do with streamers like streamer free zones, streamer/dev events, streaming challenge events etc.... I was never gotten back to. Games go from dead to cool outsider games to standards based on how their player base advertises the game for the owners of the game. That's how games grow.
Last edited by Claeyt on Wed Dec 21, 2016 10:38 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Claeyt

Re: Is Salem streaming? Check here!

Postby saltmummy » Wed Dec 21, 2016 3:43 am

Edit: just gonna move this post back to the streamer thread, since it wasn't part of the derail.
Last edited by saltmummy on Wed Dec 21, 2016 9:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
Darwoth wrote:you know, cause they were obviously fascist white supremacist burrito nazis.

I had a great dream where I was a handsome skeleton in a tower.
saltmummy

Postby Dallane » Wed Dec 21, 2016 4:20 am

Claeyt wrote:
Dallane wrote:
shizuka wrote:makes me so sad to see how little interest people from Salem take in twitch, watching/ and making the effort to stream etc.

It's mostly because it's a really boring game to watch unless you are fighting which most people here don't want to do. It can also get you killed.

That's *****. There are literally thousands of minecraft, 'don't starve' and eve streamers active right now. Other little crafting MMO's are also active.

No one wants to watch something click around and not interact with their audience. The games you have listed are 100x more action packed than salem. Which is great because salem is a much more entertaining game to play than watch. Especially when the streamer isn't that great and doesn't talk to the audience. The games you listed are themepark generic survival sandbox. You jump in get your entertainment fix and leave. Salem requires you to go out and explore the world. You have to think about what you want to do to improve your gameplay experience. You have to watch your own back because in the end that friendly neighbor look at you like a young seed thats going to grow into the T3 pumpkin he can exploit later. There is no reloading a map, there is no respawning and the actions in game will affect you in the real world because your character has some value to you. You have a real attachment to the game and what happens in it. There are still unexplored wonders in this game for every player no matter how long or how deep you are in this game. It's a game where the devs actually listen to people who present them with actual feedback to improve the game. It's a game where money doesn't matter to the dev team(altho it's nice to get paid). They are in it for the same reason we all play this game and it's because we love it. We always come back to it or at least think about it time to time. None of that will translates to a streaming audience.

Claeyt wrote:What this game lacks is support for streamers here on the forum and in the game and honestly your attacking people and threads that help streamers and which are just trying to get the word out has also turned people off from streaming.

You cyber stalking people, giving bad advice, derailing streams and then targeting them on the forums isn't helping anyone.

Claeyt wrote: I begged JC to do more with streamers as it's basically free advertising for the game with mostly other people doing the work. I was attacked and told to ***** off when I asked Tmeow to sticky my thread. I was told I shouldn't help streamers, shouldn't encourage streamers and told it didn't matter if I did. I gave JC a list of things to do with streamers like streamer free zones, streamer/dev events, streaming challenge events etc.... I was never gotten back to. Games go from dead to cool outsider games to standards based on how their player base advertises the game for the owners of the game. That's how games grow.

Giving someone who streams this game a advantage and more importantly misrepresenting the game by special zones and events is a total spit in the face to the people who actually love this game and what it is. Streamers aren't some special snow flake that MM needs to bow down and worship. You were more than likely never gotten back to because you still after 4 years don't understand what this game is about or the goals of the dev team. If I ever saw a dev giving someone on stream special attention I would 100% be turned off of that game. It sends a message to your real player base that you are desperate for people and don't give a ***** about the normal people who love your game.

This is why you are a total joke and everyone knows it but you. You claim to be some ambassador from salem to the gaming community but actually you have caused more damage to this game then any amount of bad press. The fact that the devs straight up ignore you while replying to most people on the most mundane of things should give you a wake up call. Meow has told you in the 100s of PMs of you ***** how MM feels about streamers. It has been repeated almost monthly to you for the last 2 years. You have the exact same convo with Meow on the subject with her literally copy and pasting replies but you still don't get the message. You want to gas light her with the same ***** over and over hoping that she will eventually break and you "win". Thankfully we have a smart and strong community manger who is much to lenient on you because you provide the community with entertainment of being the town drunkard who moonlights as a clown.

Now stop derailing this top sticky quality thread. You lost the right to comment on it since you wanted to hurt the community and hold it hostage.
Please click this link for a better salem forum experience

TotalyMeow wrote: Claeyt's perspective of Salem and what it's about is very different from the devs and in many cases is completely the opposite of what we believe.
Dallane

Postby Claeyt » Wed Dec 21, 2016 5:48 am

Dallane wrote:
Claeyt wrote:That's *****. There are literally thousands of minecraft, 'don't starve' and eve streamers active right now. Other little crafting MMO's are also active.

No one wants to watch something click around and not interact with their audience. The games you have listed are 100x more action packed than salem. Which is great because salem is a much more entertaining game to play than watch. Especially when the streamer isn't that great and doesn't talk to the audience.

This game is exactly like those other games in many ways in both game play and in tempo.

Dallane wrote:
Claeyt wrote:What this game lacks is support for streamers here on the forum and in the game and honestly your attacking people and threads that help streamers and which are just trying to get the word out has also turned people off from streaming.

You cyber stalking people, giving bad advice, derailing streams and then targeting them on the forums isn't helping anyone.

If by cyber stalking you mean following them on Twitch and helping them in game then yes, that's what good veteran players do who want to see the little indi games they play be advertised and grow.

Dallane wrote:
Claeyt wrote: I begged JC to do more with streamers as it's basically free advertising for the game with mostly other people doing the work. I was attacked and told to ***** off when I asked Tmeow to sticky my thread. I was told I shouldn't help streamers, shouldn't encourage streamers and told it didn't matter if I did. I gave JC a list of things to do with streamers like streamer free zones, streamer/dev events, streaming challenge events etc.... I was never gotten back to. Games go from dead to cool outsider games to standards based on how their player base advertises the game for the owners of the game. That's how games grow.

Giving someone who streams this game a advantage and more importantly misrepresenting the game by special zones and events is a total spit in the face to the people who actually love this game and what it is. Streamers aren't some special snow flake that MM needs to bow down and worship. You were more than likely never gotten back to because you still after 4 years don't understand what this game is about or the goals of the dev team. If I ever saw a dev giving someone on stream special attention I would 100% be turned off of that game. It sends a message to your real player base that you are desperate for people and don't give a ***** about the normal people who love your game.

They already give prizes to streamers and sometimes pop on next to them if they see them streaming. They've given multiple streamers special attention. They give out the special 'Feather of the Brave' if you stream for awhile and I've also seen them fly by on a broom stick and do Bear storms for streamers. All of these are good for the game and help it stay interesting.

Dallane wrote:This is why you are a total joke and everyone knows it but you. You claim to be some ambassador from salem to the gaming community but actually you have caused more damage to this game then any amount of bad press. The fact that the devs straight up ignore you while replying to most people on the most mundane of things should give you a wake up call. Meow has told you in the 100s of PMs of you ***** how MM feels about streamers. It has been repeated almost monthly to you for the last 2 years. You have the exact same convo with Meow on the subject with her literally copy and pasting replies but you still don't get the message. You want to gas light her with the same ***** over and over hoping that she will eventually break and you "win". Thankfully we have a smart and strong community manger who is much to lenient on you because you provide the community with entertainment of being the town drunkard who moonlights as a clown.

No One thinks I'm a joke on the forums but the right wing racist nut jobs like you. Most people are afraid to speak up about stuff like this because they don't want to be harassed like me, over and over. We are all ambassador's to this little game if we want it to grow and streaming is part of that. I have caused no damage to this game. The devs don't ignore me. I PM them and respond to them on a regular basis. Tmeow has not said she dislikes streamers in any way, JC said he appreciated someone keeping up with the streamer list right there at the beginning of this thread and Marp somewhat regularly streams himself dev'ing so clearly they think it's part of how they want to advertise the game. Only you seem to think it's unimportant in any way. You are clearly the clown of the forum Dallane, just look at your nonsense memes and joke posts.

This copy of my thread is about streaming and I'm talking about how important streaming is to any little indi game like this.
Claeyt

Re: Claeyt Streamer Derail

Postby TotalyMeow » Wed Dec 21, 2016 8:06 am

I doubt just removing this derail will help, so I've made it a topic. I had no idea what to call it though so that's up to Claeyt, I guess.

The reason I refused to sticky Claeyt's topic was because I didn't approve of his stalkerish behavior towards streamers and because his perspective of Salem and what it's about is very different from the devs and in many cases is completely the opposite of what we believe. For those reasons, I couldn't see myself officially endorsing the thread so long as he was administering it.

The reason I stickied saltmummy's was because he asked me nicely.

As for my opinion of streamers, I do like them. I just never thought a thread here was of great importance to the advertisement of Salem; everyone here already plays or at least knows about the game.
Community Manager for Mortal Moments Inc.

Icon wrote:This isn't Farmville with fighting, its Mortal Kombat with corn.
TotalyMeow

Postby Claeyt » Wed Dec 21, 2016 9:30 am

TotalyMeow wrote:I doubt just removing this derail will help, so I've made it a topic. I had no idea what to call it though so that's up to Claeyt, I guess.

The reason I refused to sticky Claeyt's topic was because I didn't approve of his stalkerish behavior towards streamers and because his perspective of Salem and what it's about is very different from the devs and in many cases is completely the opposite of what we believe. For those reasons, I couldn't see myself officially endorsing the thread so long as he was administering it.

The reason I stickied saltmummy's was because he asked me nicely.

As for my opinion of streamers, I do like them. I just never thought a thread here was of great importance to the advertisement of Salem; everyone here already plays or at least knows about the game.

Why is it stalkerish behavior to follow 'Salem' on Twitch. All this means is that you see when Salem is being streamed and offer your support to any new players. Not a single player has ever complained about my helping them. I've never ***** over any of them. Almost all of them invited me to their Teamspeak, vent or other form of communication and seemed to appreciate the help.

As for your bias against me, personally that's *****. I made it simple, posted when I saw streamers streaming Salem and helped the game. Saltmummy still doesn't have a link to Salem's twitch channel where JC Pm'd twitch a very nice Salem pic to help the game.

As for why link our forum to Twitch, I can't believe I have to explain this again. The more people that watch the 'Salem' streamer the higher the game climbs in the watchable streams and the more people that scroll down to 'Salem' and wander onto the game's stream. It's simple, if we watch it, then it's more likely to be watched by people who don't watch the game and who are just looking for new games to check out on the Twitch game stream list. Many, many games get free advertising and catch on this way including 'Don't Starve', 'Tree of Life' and other crafting games. Hell, whole groups of players from here found 'Rust' and 'Tree of Life' randomly watching Twitch.
Claeyt

Re: Dallane's ***** part 221

Postby Hose » Wed Dec 21, 2016 9:37 am

Why do people even stream such a game? Imo there is no solid reason, because as dallane already said: Salem is a bad game to stream and the only interesting part is pvp which most people don't even bother with.
My dog walks me to the park and doggy styles me, if you find that weird you're an arrogant gender-assuming bloodthirsty gun-loving cisgender bestial sexist incestuous white-previlege misogynistic biased raped privileged Nazi slave owner terrorist lesbian.
Hose

Postby saltmummy » Wed Dec 21, 2016 9:53 am

Claeyt wrote:Saltmummy still doesn't have a link to Salem's twitch channel where JC Pm'd twitch a very nice Salem pic to help the game.

I didn't do it because I didn't know how to do the banner, while the regular link slipped my mind. Simple stuff sure, and not much reason I shouldn't know how to do such things, but there we are. Since you mention it though, I've taken the liberty of doing what I should have done before and placed both the generic link and the banner link where they belong in the new thread. Thanks for the reminder. ;)
Darwoth wrote:you know, cause they were obviously fascist white supremacist burrito nazis.

I had a great dream where I was a handsome skeleton in a tower.
saltmummy

Postby shizuka » Wed Dec 21, 2016 10:30 am

omfg ***** it im about to bbreak my mechanical keyboard in half i just typed a 3pages long post and it got erased coz the forums couldnt detect me :

twihc.jpg
twihc.jpg (19.65 KiB) Viewed 7135 times

to answer both this thread and old one bit confused here

either way most of u (like people from salem giving their twitch opinion)seem to be missing the point that if streamed (like seriously on a regular basis) imo the purpose should be pure advertisement to players who arent on salem yet , and to help them understand the game on livestream and interact with them as final goal to grow the community bigger. and not wake up to do a stream session on twitch which time average is 3-4h , count 2h only for salem imo, to stream for the community aka to ur enemies and wonder why ur not motivated to stream 'for them' holy crap :lol: and end up thinking it 'sucks" :lol:

salem isnt boring to stream. i have bigger twitch experience than any of u or all of u put together and i can say that the game isnt boring to stream, its by far one of the game that has the biggest content i ever seen, the variety of things u can stream is aslmot endless, its just that it would take preparation and motivation and most things would work at ur disadventage which sucks (like dallane said it can kill u in the worst case scenario). its the way some of u guys (well intentioned tho) streamed it that made it boring for most people and then most of u stopped being intersted convinced its not a twitch-game. most of u spent hours on a 5biles doing a mute stream and y'all were under the impression this was a 'stream' and salem-is-boring talk continues. u need to make all the single-activites shorter and vary them to make it intersting and more action happen, and not spend 1H chipping a boulder. its not hard to understand that u have to make it inetersting by interacting and vary activities and select them , and that the game shouldnt be expected to be 'intersting' itself coz ur the streamer so its u that has to animate the stream and make the show, streaming doesnt consist in u sitting on a chair as if u were alone and be quiet and ur viewers playing the role of observators kinda like in watching a replay, u need interaction etc, doesnt matter what game its about the streamer so stop blaming it all on salem imo.

if streamed salem should go for a 'stardew valley' phenomenom: it was streamed occasionally while they would queue for their main game, or make full streams about it, and a massive wave of players joined thx to the twitch advertisement. people going 'lol mining, cutting trees, planting fields etc so much fun'. salem should be streamed to advertise, and avderstive over social media as well, to grow to the commuinity bigger coz salem is commuinity-based it all dependds on how many people play the number changes many things. it could catch much more people attention than most of u would expect imo, sure u lose viewers when streaming another game on ur main chan but ur most present viewer base and other would still be here watching and being curious about it. expect in reality itd be rather hard to realise and impossible atm, due to many things including the lack of streamers having the ability to do so obvly and it would take a while and several streamers to do anything relevant in any case, and from what i see people interste on salem to try anything at all to grow the community bigger is inexistant and just guys posting excuses as they spend their time destroying the community and making it smaller rather which sucks and has been my point for a while. either way it seems rather hard to get started on salem without anyone's help, so helping more newbs rather than destroying 5 square meters plcaim all along the beach and near providence to grow ur noob-killer count could be a nice thing some people in the community could do for xmas and the year to come. there are so many issues and pooints that could be talked about when it comes to twitch and salem , we could all spend days arugying about it lol. but for now just a couple fun salem stream for when u've played enough of salem and wna watch someone else playing would still be very cool and fun at the end of the day tho, whatever people choose to stream and wtv their reasons are ^_^

i re typed a bit of my text quickly so i hope it makes sens

and meow, about ur stream, whats ur link/adress?

also id like to say i didnt mean to interfeer /get in the middle of ur personal argument/fight dallane-cleayt i just wanted to get in on the twitch talk as i felt like some points brought up were intersting and caught my attention
Darwoth wrote:
wtf shizuka was owning kuku by like 20 votes this morning, looks like the kzerg is cheating and zerging again
shizuka

Postby RobertoKarlos » Wed Dec 21, 2016 12:21 pm

shizuka wrote:i re typed a bit of my text quickly so i hope it makes sens

It doesnt, try again.
RobertoKarlos

Next

Return to City upon a Hill