Claeyt Streamer Derail

Forum for off topic and general discussion.

Re: Claeyt Streamer Derail

Postby Dallane » Wed Dec 21, 2016 1:24 pm

TotalyMeow wrote: Claeyt's perspective of Salem and what it's about is very different from the devs and in many cases is completely the opposite of what we believe.

Found a new quote for the sig to go with cleaty's racism.

There is so much wrong with what has been said that I just typed a massive page but deleted it because all of it has been said to you in voice and countless PMs.
Please click this link for a better salem forum experience

TotalyMeow wrote: Claeyt's perspective of Salem and what it's about is very different from the devs and in many cases is completely the opposite of what we believe.
Dallane

Re: Claeyt Streamer Derail

Postby shizuka » Wed Dec 21, 2016 3:54 pm

Claeyt wrote:As for why link our forum to Twitch, I can't believe I have to explain this again. The more people that watch the 'Salem' streamer the higher the game climbs in the watchable streams and the more people that scroll down to 'Salem' and wander onto the game's stream. It's simple, if we watch it, then it's more likely to be watched by people who don't watch the game and who are just looking for new games to check out on the Twitch game stream list. Many, many games get free advertising and catch on this way including 'Don't Starve', 'Tree of Life' and other crafting games. Hell, whole groups of players from here found 'Rust' and 'Tree of Life' randomly watching Twitch.

thats 100% true but salem would need like 100x more viewers to be in that bottom list i think =/. i discovered many games that way like many ppl on twitch but going not that far bottom clicking until there are no viewers on a game anymore, as usually people scrolling down there are looking to watch smth new they might be intersted in playing as u said idd. even during 'empty twitch hours' u still need so much more views considering there are like 0 view up to 5 which is like 0 and wont pop out in the list unfortunaly as its rlly far behind or the number or clicks will be absolutely 0 or totally irelevant. didnt u once say that 1 guy in the past on previous servers or smth streamed regulary and more people watched back then? what player was it?

(didndt see that part as i read too quick must have skipped)

RobertoKarlos wrote:
shizuka wrote:i re typed a bit of my text quickly so i hope it makes sens

It doesnt, try again.

well thats np considering that everyone knows i cant type more than 2 paragraph in english correctly im sure no one will mind and will still understand the main ideas somehow as u are prolly forcing urself to not-understand-me-at-all
Darwoth wrote:
wtf shizuka was owning kuku by like 20 votes this morning, looks like the kzerg is cheating and zerging again
shizuka

Re: Dallane's ***** part 221

Postby Hose » Wed Dec 21, 2016 4:18 pm

shizuka wrote:I have bigger twitch experience than any of u or all of u put together

So me watching streams on a daily basis for over 5 years now has no clue about twitch... sure you've got more experience smh
LUL
My dog walks me to the park and doggy styles me, if you find that weird you're an arrogant gender-assuming bloodthirsty gun-loving cisgender bestial sexist incestuous white-previlege misogynistic biased raped privileged Nazi slave owner terrorist lesbian.
Hose

Re: Cleaty is wrong again

Postby shizuka » Wed Dec 21, 2016 4:19 pm

i didnt adress that to u specifically, i was talking about the large part of people that i heard saying salem is boring for twitch and isnt twitch material despite the fact they dont even watch or didnt even watch any other game there and dont know much about the website etc and dont really have much to compare to
Darwoth wrote:
wtf shizuka was owning kuku by like 20 votes this morning, looks like the kzerg is cheating and zerging again
shizuka

Postby Sipo » Wed Dec 21, 2016 8:42 pm

I think there should be more attention to streamers. Maybe on the forum home page show a list of people who are streaming Salem, and hide it if no one is streaming.

I know it is not a game to stream because there are things you do not want to show and there are things that could be dangerous if you stream. So what. Salem is like that

My YouTube videos aren't that great and I always improvise with them, but I get messages from people saying thanks for showing them the game they were always looking for, and messages from new people who joined because of my videos asking me to help them out and give some tips.

Streaming always brings in some amount of curious people.

Derail: no more alts, 1 login per ip, no multi
Sipo

Postby Darwoth » Wed Dec 21, 2016 9:18 pm

i have tried to understand what is so fascinating about watching someone else play a game (any game) but have been unable to discover the answer. i have watched a few streams for salem but typically only of people i know of just out of curiosity to see what kind of dumb newb **** they still do after years of playing because that sort of thing is funny to me, i absolutely can not understand the appeal however of watching xyz big time streamer newb make his first bar of iron for the 15th time.

in any case if streaming is so important why doesn't claeyt stream, i would even watch it for a minute!
Darwoth

Postby AngelOfSilence » Wed Dec 21, 2016 9:46 pm

y u not stream darwie
Salem Wiki
Marketplace APP
BEST SHOOP IN THE GAME BUY ALL
Heffernan wrote: just sucks i forgot to raise yellow bile and cant loot anything hahaha sucks to be me..
AngelOfSilence

Postby Darwoth » Wed Dec 21, 2016 9:50 pm

i have considered it, but when i play i am typically listening to music and relaxing so do not see myself wanting to taint my enjoyment by talking to a bunch of asswipes where 90% of them are just there to try and get an angle on me, plus the pain in the ass factor is not worth the 20ish viewers i see most salem streamers pull.
Darwoth

Postby TotalyMeow » Wed Dec 21, 2016 9:53 pm

Darwoth wrote:i have tried to understand what is so fascinating about watching someone else play a game (any game) but have been unable to discover the answer. i have watched a few streams for salem but typically only of people i know of just out of curiosity to see what kind of dumb newb **** they still do after years of playing because that sort of thing is funny to me, i absolutely can not understand the appeal however of watching xyz big time streamer newb make his first bar of iron for the 15th time.

in any case if streaming is so important why doesn't claeyt stream, i would even watch it for a minute!

I think part of it is the same reason we watch movies, wanting to see an interesting story, and part of it is wanting to experience things as a group because we're social beings, and part is just hoping something horrible will happen so we can laugh. Some games are better for this than others, I'm sure. The only really good stream I've ever seen was when Day9 played Amensia: The Dark Descent and slowly morphed into a 5 year old girl.
Community Manager for Mortal Moments Inc.

Icon wrote:This isn't Farmville with fighting, its Mortal Kombat with corn.
TotalyMeow

Postby Elder_Berry » Wed Dec 21, 2016 10:02 pm

TotalyMeow wrote:
Darwoth wrote:i have tried to understand what is so fascinating about watching someone else play a game (any game) but have been unable to discover the answer. i have watched a few streams for salem but typically only of people i know of just out of curiosity to see what kind of dumb newb **** they still do after years of playing because that sort of thing is funny to me, i absolutely can not understand the appeal however of watching xyz big time streamer newb make his first bar of iron for the 15th time.

I think part of it is the same reason we watch movies, wanting to see an interesting story, and part of it is wanting to experience things as a group because we're social beings, and part is just hoping something horrible will happen so we can laugh. Some games are better for this than others, I'm sure. The only really good stream I've ever seen was when Day9 played Amensia: The Dark Descent and slowly morphed into a 5 year old girl.

Yes, I have a few Rust streamers that I watch, partly because a few are just beyond good at the PvP in the game, and some because they are hilarious when they just get destroyed. It's just fun to watch fun people play games and interact with them while you play as well, especially in grindy games like Salem or Runescape.
Heffernan wrote:
"YEEEHAAAW 'Murica Great boom boom"

Elder_Berry

PreviousNext

Return to City upon a Hill