We did it boys

Forum for off topic and general discussion.

We did it boys

Postby Dallane » Tue Dec 20, 2016 8:56 am

We gonna be great again LETS GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Please click this link for a better salem forum experience

TotalyMeow wrote: Claeyt's perspective of Salem and what it's about is very different from the devs and in many cases is completely the opposite of what we believe.
Dallane

Re: We did it boys

Postby Darwoth » Tue Dec 20, 2016 8:00 pm

i would just like to point out that with the electors now officially tallied for president trump this wonderful occasion marks three years straight of claeyt being wrong about every single political outcome since we began arguing about them.

Darwoth

Postby TotalyMeow » Tue Dec 20, 2016 8:30 pm

I heard that a few Democrats and one Republican really did change their votes, but not to Hillary.
Community Manager for Mortal Moments Inc.

Icon wrote:This isn't Farmville with fighting, its Mortal Kombat with corn.
TotalyMeow

Postby DarkNacht » Tue Dec 20, 2016 8:36 pm

TotalyMeow wrote:I heard that a few Democrats and one Republican really did change their votes, but not to Hillary.

8 democrats changed or tried to change the vote. It was great seeing a third of the electors from Washington State vote against Hillary, 3 of them for Colin Powell. In Hawaii there was a vote for Sanders. An elector in Colorado refused to vote for Clinton and voted for Kasich, when asked about it he said, “This was liberating for me. I put my country before my party, and I will continue to do so,” but the state invalidated it. Several others voted for Sanders but their states overturned their votes.
The republicans had 2 faithless electors in Texas one for Ron Paul and the other for John Kasich.
DarkNacht

Postby saltmummy » Wed Dec 21, 2016 12:00 am

The most entertaining thing about all this was the bit where they were so cocksure that trump wouldn't go anywhere, and everyones blind refusal when he destroyed their expectations. Just seeing how hardly anyone in this country understands the basics of the political system was also both enlightening and worrying. It baffles me that no one gets it, even though it's taught in highschool.

One of my favorite things to come out of all of this though:

EDIT: why'd you change your avatar meow?
Darwoth wrote:you know, cause they were obviously fascist white supremacist burrito nazis.

I had a great dream where I was a handsome skeleton in a tower.
saltmummy

Postby TotalyMeow » Wed Dec 21, 2016 12:14 am

saltmummy wrote:EDIT: why'd you change your avatar meow?

Just trying something new. I did save the old one though.
Community Manager for Mortal Moments Inc.

Icon wrote:This isn't Farmville with fighting, its Mortal Kombat with corn.
TotalyMeow

Postby Claeyt » Wed Dec 21, 2016 12:34 am

TotalyMeow wrote:I heard that a few Democrats and one Republican really did change their votes, but not to Hillary.

Officially it was 3 republican electors who refused to vote for Trump and 2 who resigned and were replaced so as not to have to vote for him. 5 Hillary electors changed their vote (and 3 others tried) to Bernie, Colin Powell and some others so as to show the Republican electors they could change them.

It was never about changing to Hillary it was about throwing it to the House of Rep's to get someone else besides Trump. Of course they would have chosen another Republican (or probably even Trump)

____________________________________________________________________________________________

On another note:

As a direct effect to Salem, today it's being reported that one of Trump's and the Republican's first things they say they're going to do is get rid of the Net Neutrality executive order that Obama and the FCC put through last year. This will allow the major Internet Server providers in America to charge more for faster usage. This will help large sites like Netflix, Steam, and the large gaming companies pay for faster usage and hurt small indi game companies like Mortal Moments who may rely on fair access to heavy usage by small player bases from their servers or hosts.

How is MM planning on this limiting of service in the next 4 years? Are they looking into signing on with a larger hosting site? Is MM willing to pay more for usage so as to have better game play? How will it affect your bottom line if you do have to pay more? How is this going to affect our gameplay and your game?
Claeyt

Postby DarkNacht » Wed Dec 21, 2016 1:36 am

Salem is does not require enough bandwidth for the revocation of neutrality to be problem for it.
DarkNacht

Postby Claeyt » Wed Dec 21, 2016 2:16 am

DarkNacht wrote:Salem is does not require enough bandwidth for the revocation of neutrality to be problem for it.

Any mmo or game played online with other people is going to require enough bandwidth to be affected by this.
Claeyt

Postby Wandering » Wed Dec 21, 2016 2:30 am

It's a shame we can't deport Trump deniers over illegals.

I can think of a handful I'd rather have over them
Wandering

Next

Return to City upon a Hill