xmas gifts

Forum for off topic and general discussion.

xmas gifts

Postby shizuka » Mon Dec 12, 2016 7:43 pm

Hello

I rarely celebrate xmas however this year i got a couple gifts to buy and im not sure what to get
The gift 'ideas" i found randomly on the internet werent that inspiring (like at all), my friends offer bad stuff for xmas so i wouldnt ask them and then i figured, why not make a thread for all of us where we share xmas gift ideas (if its not too late already), and what country we come from? would be awesome to know what u guys buy/receive in ur countries, could give us great ideas we didnt think of ourselves. ^_^

So i'll start first:

for women: i usually go to shops such as Sephora and get them some skincare+make up as most women who are under 40 enjoy that a lot, plus some make up are world best sellers that fit to any woman's taste/physic (YSLmascara etc). i add then some wonderbox (its a european gift-box u buy and the person who receives it takes the book on the inside and choose an activity in it in the location of his choice and has like a year to call and take an apointement) where she can get specific spa/massage/body treatments etc.
for men: (i have 3 brothers, no sister): my signature gift for men for any occasion is usually a well-chosen bottle of whiskey or wtv he likes drinking the most to show him i know his taste, like an awesome tasty bottle put along with other gifts. i sometimes go for the car-wonderbox, in which the guy can choose to drive cars like Lamborghini , Ferrari and other sport cars of his choosing in a car racing circuit with someone to teach him and he got like a year to book or smth. if hes a bit feminine, or 'well-balanced' call it how u like idk how to say that in english, then i go as well for gorgio armani aftershave and skin care car coz it smells natural and i hate fragrance. if hes into a sport i buy smth related to it like clothes/equipment.

What do u men enjoy receiving the most from ur sisters and girlfriend? like the type of gifts that makes u think 'wow she rlly gets me awesome gift''?

As i got a little brother that just got into school, was wondering what do u parents and others offer to ur kids and to ur little brothers, what do kids like? was gna buy some warm clothes as its gna be his first winter here but then i figured clothes are kinda lame as gift arent they? do kids get more excited about toys or food like candy mb?

edit: feel free to post ur shopping websites if any
Last edited by shizuka on Mon Dec 12, 2016 8:17 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Darwoth wrote:
wtf shizuka was owning kuku by like 20 votes this morning, looks like the kzerg is cheating and zerging again
shizuka

Re: xmas gifts

Postby gorniksam » Mon Dec 12, 2016 7:53 pm

Thanks alot, best gift ever :x
gorniksam

Postby Judaism » Mon Dec 12, 2016 7:53 pm

My little brother has gotten 6 last week and I bought him a monopoly junior. For presents I usually buy either gift cards or something more specific if I know what they want exactly. Lately I have ordered some crap from ''Lush'' (https://nl.lush.com) since it came in fancy packages.

For Christmas, I usually buy some scratch lots or some lottery ticket for new year's eve.
JohnCarver wrote:Mortal Moments Inc. is not here to cannibalize the community or piece out the code. We are not here because we wish to institute pay to win models or PvE servers. Quite the contrary.
Judaism
Customer

Postby kitty629 » Mon Dec 12, 2016 7:59 pm

I have raised two boys and in my experience they do not get too excited about clothing items until puberty. Some kind of game, toy or sports equipment might be a better choice.
kitty629
Customer

Postby Dallane » Mon Dec 12, 2016 8:14 pm

My dad is a closet nerd so i've been slowly getting him books I think he would like. Got him into a song of ice and fire a few years ago. Last year I got him reading shogun. This year I'm getting him a book on the roman armies and a skeletool.

I usually let my wife pick for my mom but it's usually something girly like Sephora

Sister is same boat as my mom unless I see something I know she would dig.

My wife and I don't really exchange gifts unless there is something we really want around xmas time

My buddy will usually msg me to play a multiplayer game and we will both get it.

My fav thing to get is gift cards so I can knock a price in half or stack them up and get something free or throw a few bucks on my steam account to use later. Unfortunately my family never listens to me about gift cards and gets me something that will rot in my garage or random box forever.
Please click this link for a better salem forum experience

TotalyMeow wrote: Claeyt's perspective of Salem and what it's about is very different from the devs and in many cases is completely the opposite of what we believe.
Dallane

Postby Hose » Mon Dec 12, 2016 9:36 pm

Surprise buttseks is usually a nice gift ;)
My dog walks me to the park and doggy styles me, if you find that weird you're an arrogant gender-assuming bloodthirsty gun-loving cisgender bestial sexist incestuous white-previlege misogynistic biased raped privileged Nazi slave owner terrorist lesbian.
Hose

Postby MarpTarpton » Mon Dec 12, 2016 9:57 pm

I'm a big fan of scarfs. Knitted, cashmere, etc. I have a knitted Cthulhu scarf that I really like. I collect tie clips that look like swords and one year I received an ornate oak box to put them in that is nice but subtle. Girls tend to have excellent taste when picking out gifts for men, so from them I really appreciate colognes, coats, hats, things you'd have others experience, because I trust that their judgement is better than mine and they've thoroughly envisioned what I would be in the gift and would know better than I would. This year I bought my brother a thumb piano because he's into things like that. Last year I believe I bought him a hand-tooled Legend of Zelda wallet.

My favorite gifts will always been hand made stuff though. Art. Thoughtful cards. Knitted stuff.
Procne wrote: Devs have again proven that they dont give a crap about untalented and lazy players.
MarpTarpton
Site Admin

Postby Wandering » Mon Dec 12, 2016 11:04 pm

My Father's become quite a beer drinker in his retirement...

https://www.bottlekeeper.com/collection ... ttlekeeper
Wandering

Postby honeymilk » Mon Dec 12, 2016 11:53 pm

My favorite gifts for adults is whatever the person actually need, I honestly have to say I dont like giving non personal/unnecessary materialistic things. I myself love, absolutely LOVE getting household stuff. Plates, pans and all kind of kitchen stuff I need that wears out over time. Even cleaning products work :D

Teen~early 20's, money is a safe bet.

Kids, probably my favorite. If you know what the kid likes it can be a cheap gift of whatever it is (Like a small firetruck) and they get all excited. Unless its a spoiled kid, but thats a different story :P
honeymilk
Customer

Postby TotalyMeow » Tue Dec 13, 2016 2:08 am

I usually ask people what sort of things they want if I haven't heard them mention something already. It's really not the thought that counts, people are always happier getting a gift they already wanted than getting something else, even if they like the something else. And money is almost always good, especially for teenagers and early 20's like honeymilk mentioned.

My family actually uses Amazon wishlists. You make your wishlist, and it can include links to outside sites, which is nice, and when Christmas or birthday comes around, you'll get some of it.
Community Manager for Mortal Moments Inc.

Icon wrote:This isn't Farmville with fighting, its Mortal Kombat with corn.
TotalyMeow

Next

Return to City upon a Hill