Marp, I hereby challenge you to a write-off.

Forum for off topic and general discussion.

Marp, I hereby challenge you to a write-off.

Postby Realak » Fri Dec 02, 2016 12:39 am

Foul Fiend Marp,
I'm throwing down the glove.

Let's do something like this https://www.reddit.com/r/WritingPrompts/
Reddit users post the beginning of an intriguing story, and other people finish with a short story on that idea.

I officially challenge you.
After a couple people post a story relating to Salem - we will choose one we like and let the creative juices flow.
Winner is voted upon. You can come up with the prize in Salem If I win, and If you win I'll have to do what you want - within reason of course.

Do you accept?
Oops. I Dropped My Doritos. ¦]
▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲
▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼
Realak

Re: Marp, I hereby challenge you to a write-off.

Postby Heffernan » Fri Dec 02, 2016 1:35 am

Realak wrote: and If you win I'll have to do what you want

if u would know Marp better u wouldnt have said that ¦]
Heffernan

Postby MarpTarpton » Fri Dec 02, 2016 2:05 am

Some would call it folly to rouse the sleeping giant.

I accept your challenge as I would have accepted the opportunity to take your Blood to zero all those years ago.
Procne wrote: Devs have again proven that they dont give a crap about untalented and lazy players.
MarpTarpton
Site Admin

Postby Realak » Fri Dec 02, 2016 2:30 am

The rust of your pen shows.
It isn't just about using the most obscure words possible to the simple man. The reader must become immersed in the tale.
Realak

Postby 8mm_Mauser » Fri Dec 02, 2016 3:13 am

So to start this story do you want a paragraph or a short story comprised of four paragraphs?
inb4 banned 4 this post
8mm_Mauser

Postby Goodman12 » Fri Dec 02, 2016 3:49 am

Majority gonna vote Marp anyway.
Riolic wrote:The only reason raids still happen is because Goodman is a stubborn *******.
The rest are just vets pk'ing newbs
Goodman12

Postby belgear » Fri Dec 02, 2016 3:59 am

A love story with Darwoth and Juda
belgear
Customer

Postby Realak » Fri Dec 02, 2016 5:48 am

Look at the reddit link in the op and try to copy how they do it. You write a sentence or two that begins a deep fantasy story. I would prefer if it is all fantasy for example nothing about real people currently playing.

No real people - But within the world of Salem.
Realak

Postby jesi » Fri Dec 02, 2016 6:54 am

Providence had grown dull and predictable. You log in each day, feed turkeys, maybe fuel a fire and the smokers, and log out. One day you came up with an idea for a new challenge (you seem to recall having read such a story before, in another world even.) "What if I took my main out on a ramble using only the default client?"
aptson wrote:
when i make posts on the forums i expect people to spell it out for me because i am new . .
jesi

Postby 8mm_Mauser » Fri Dec 02, 2016 8:19 am

Perplexed by the eldritch town that stood before you as you stepped off the wagon from Providence, beholden only by that of God and King, you took note that you were all alone. The wagon that brought you here with good faith was, as quickly as it arrived with you, seen only off in the distance headed back to Providence. Beyond the eerie sight the sky has been in since the sun broke over God's hilltops the small town was surprisingly not torn asunder by devils nor men. It was simply empty. The only thing worthy of a second glance being the sign designating the town. Strangle the old town sign was on the ground rotting in the dirt; while the new sign stood tall and proud with "New Jamestown" marked on it while the old was marked "Popham".

Such a strange town you though to yourself before noticing the chapel door was open. An empty town with the chapel doors open? All folk must be at prayer then; that would explain this odd situation. Yet as you got closer to the chapel you did not notice the praise and songs of God; oh no you you noticed they were not of God at all. As the large oak doors open you where absolutely bewildered! The folk of this small town were singing songs of praise of some odd fellow named Franklin. Yet that soon changed as you realized that "Franklin" was not a man, nor beats, but a turtle; a turtle claimed God! Yet of the preacher? Why the preacher was not a preacher either, but a well armed masked man preaching to the folk of the town! Their songs were not of praise but the removal of heretics, diseased who were possessed by a demon named Cleague, and to retake the promised land of Providence! Then it all turned silent as they looked at you.

Kill all the heretics, purge the cleague, holy war now. #MSGA
inb4 banned 4 this post
8mm_Mauser

Next

Return to City upon a Hill