So whats going on with animals fam?

Forum for off topic and general discussion.

Re: So whats going on with animals fam?

Postby lachlaan » Fri Oct 21, 2016 12:38 pm

Vorolea wrote:
lachlaan wrote:bigquote

many recipes are useful, to beginners, but in terms of simplicity of mass production bajgels beat them all. If you want to mini-/maximize time spent cooking food and gobble values, you go for bajgels.

Fruits are some honey away from a craft all you can afk through.

With a steady supply of loyalist lollies, or even with just the cranberry sauce as a restore, i guarantee you that fishing in a protected bit of water will get you enough isinglass to spam berry foods.

Fish tacos, if nothing else from the fish area are easy to make, easy to get at high purity for a newbie (rather than raising pots to high purity for mushrooms) and make for a nice filler to top off points.

Any mix of back and forth restoring food categories is likely to be, if nothing else, easier to restore than spamming garlic braids. I'm talking poultry food with the wild wings portion of it restoring say, pumpkins, pumpkin food sandwiches restoring bread, garlic bread restoring poultry. All of the restores mixed in negate the higher efficiency debuff and are all fairly easy to mass produce, while also being better than bagels.

By all means if the speed you want to progress at and your total amount of alts allows you a rotation where the bagel meals alone get you back to gluttony-ready status by the time you've went through all the alts, then yeah, that works. But if you want to progress faster than the natural cooldown of your meal, you need to take into account the effort put into purgatives versus the effort it would take to simply get some more efficient meals.
Exactly 6.022 x 10^23 worth of Lach molecules.
lachlaan
Customer

Postby JohnSnow » Fri Oct 21, 2016 1:17 pm

lachlaan wrote:
Vorolea wrote:
lachlaan wrote:bigquote

many recipes are useful, to beginners, but in terms of simplicity of mass production bajgels beat them all. If you want to mini-/maximize time spent cooking food and gobble values, you go for bajgels.

Fruits are some honey away from a craft all you can afk through.

With a steady supply of loyalist lollies, or even with just the cranberry sauce as a restore, i guarantee you that fishing in a protected bit of water will get you enough isinglass to spam berry foods.

Fish tacos, if nothing else from the fish area are easy to make, easy to get at high purity for a newbie (rather than raising pots to high purity for mushrooms) and make for a nice filler to top off points.

Any mix of back and forth restoring food categories is likely to be, if nothing else, easier to restore than spamming garlic braids. I'm talking poultry food with the wild wings portion of it restoring say, pumpkins, pumpkin food sandwiches restoring bread, garlic bread restoring poultry. All of the restores mixed in negate the higher efficiency debuff and are all fairly easy to mass produce, while also being better than bagels.

By all means if the speed you want to progress at and your total amount of alts allows you a rotation where the bagel meals alone get you back to gluttony-ready status by the time you've went through all the alts, then yeah, that works. But if you want to progress faster than the natural cooldown of your meal, you need to take into account the effort put into purgatives versus the effort it would take to simply get some more efficient meals.

Fruits do not have a restore food except jalapeno .
Berry food requires huge amount of berry bushes. 2000 bushes for feasting session for one character, seriously?
Fishing too dependent on chance.
Poultry food requires highly pure chicken coops.
Pumpkin is too heavy for mass production.
These problems are much more serious than making some purgative potions.
All Hail the Snake-King!
JohnSnow

Postby lachlaan » Fri Oct 21, 2016 1:30 pm

If you can pot enough mushrooms to eat consistently you can pot some bellpeppers and spam jalapenos.

If you like replanting mushrooms all the time that's fine, but you could just as well plant berry bushes once and then chill as you merely harvest, in the long run it cuts effort by letting you just harvest rather than constantly plant.

Fishing is dependant on chance, and it also takes very little time to mitigate that chance and get a variety of fish that are good for what you need, while the byproducts help you complete a berry meal perhaps. Keep in mind you don't have to spam just one type of food for one session.

Poultry food requires pure blades you can get off the market, or pure turkeys which you can get off the market. Hunt argos, hunt hydurkeys, if you're spamming 2000 berry bushes per meal you can hunt either of those easily and make a pretty penny on top of it from other drops.

Pumpkin .. heavy, git gud.

For the cost of purgative potions you could just as well buy jalapenos.

Ultimately it is indeed a matter of preference, and if bagels are the thing people prefer then so be it. But the other foods are far from useless just like the various ways of earning silver are hardly useless when comparing them with a 2000 stocks char spamming cotton.
Exactly 6.022 x 10^23 worth of Lach molecules.
lachlaan
Customer

Postby JohnSnow » Fri Oct 21, 2016 6:30 pm

I saw some people organize voting. Can someone create voting about favorite food group?
All Hail the Snake-King!
JohnSnow

Postby Heffernan » Fri Oct 21, 2016 6:39 pm

JohnSnow wrote:I saw some people organize voting. Can someone create voting about favorite food group?

there can only be one

Heffernan

Postby TotalyMeow » Sat Oct 22, 2016 3:57 am

But favorite food group ignores the method lachlaan is talking about with using several food groups in tandem. I myself like to cook a variety of different foods in different groups and make small sessions of short debuff duration. I'm not good at marathon sessions of harvesting pots or cooking a dozens of ovens worth of the same item over and over, but the variety of making many things keeps me interested.
Community Manager for Mortal Moments Inc.

Icon wrote:This isn't Farmville with fighting, its Mortal Kombat with corn.
TotalyMeow

Previous

Return to City upon a Hill