Just started new character with default client

Forum for off topic and general discussion.

Just started new character with default client

Postby ElCapitan1701 » Sat Nov 10, 2012 10:11 am

1) the new default client looks very nice now.
2) It still lacks the essential things: item radar and free camera movement. If you can not include those things till f2p launch you should use enders client as default client.
3) It took me about 20 minutes to find something to craft an inspirational near Jamestown. You will lose 90% of all f2p on this point. This needs to be changed.
4) tutorial still remains unclear in some points. F.e. "learn childish things", "put some clothes on" includes no explanation. How about "put some clothes on by opening the equipment window and drag and drop the item you want to equip from your inventar to the equipment slot..." or something like that (with better english). F2p players are used to be treated as if they would be the silliest people on the world.
ElCapitan1701

Re: Just started new character with default client

Postby Dallane » Sat Nov 10, 2012 10:15 am

ElCapitan1701 wrote:1) the new default client looks very nice now.
2) It still lacks the essential things: item radar and free camera movement. If you can not include those things till f2p launch you should use enders client as default client.
3) It took me about 20 minutes to find something to craft an inspirational near Jamestown. You will lose 90% of all f2p on this point. This needs to be changed.
4) tutorial still remains unclear in some points. F.e. "learn childish things", "put some clothes on" includes no explanation. How about "put some clothes on by opening the equipment window and drag and drop the item you want to equip from your inventar to the equipment slot..." or something like that (with better english). F2p players are used to be treated as if they would be the silliest people on the world.

Need to read up and watch the newest stream they had the other day.
Please click this link for a better salem forum experience

TotalyMeow wrote: Claeyt's perspective of Salem and what it's about is very different from the devs and in many cases is completely the opposite of what we believe.
Dallane

Postby ElCapitan1701 » Sat Nov 10, 2012 10:31 am

I'm reading the official posts and the all posts from jorb/loftar, so I`m expecting to be up to date. If not information policy from seatribe/paradox should change. But if they are saying in this stream, to change the points i mentioned you could see my post as some sort of reminder ;-)
ElCapitan1701

Postby staxjax » Sat Nov 10, 2012 12:10 pm

If item #2 is resolved, then it would take care of item #3 as well.
Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most - Ozzy Osbourne

Confirmed retards: Nimmeth, Claeyt, MycroSparks
staxjax

Postby Sevenless » Sat Nov 10, 2012 5:31 pm

staxjax wrote:If item #2 is resolved, then it would take care of item #3 as well.

Agreed.
It's been neat to see the evolution of a game. Salem has come so far, and still has far to go. Although frustrating, I think it's been an experience worth the effort.
Sevenless

Return to City upon a Hill