Thank god that you guys got your own forum

Forum for off topic and general discussion.

Thank god that you guys got your own forum

Postby nzrock » Fri Nov 09, 2012 1:54 am

Cause someone stole my username on the paradox forum ages ago...
So I couldn't sign up to this game when I got a beta key last year :P
nzrock

Re: Thank god that you guys got your own forum

Postby colesie » Fri Nov 09, 2012 2:13 am

It's a good thing because giving up the name Nzrock would probably force me into a very deep depression
Beep Boop Bop
My builds (Under Occupation)
Have you given haven a try? ◕‿◕
colesie

Postby TotalyMoo » Fri Nov 09, 2012 12:46 pm

colesie wrote:It's a good thing because giving up the name Nzrock would probably force me into a very deep depression

Whilst I do agree it's a pretty funny obsession with having ones "original" nickname there are many people who take it highly serious. It's actually the most common Salem complaint I get via our support channels.
I never managed to figure out something clever for my signature on Paradoxplaza, and I doubt I'll do it here either.

"ur a mod till u shwo ur a admin"
TotalyMoo

Postby Darwoth » Fri Nov 09, 2012 4:22 pm

TotalyMoo wrote:
colesie wrote:It's a good thing because giving up the name Nzrock would probably force me into a very deep depression

Whilst I do agree it's a pretty funny obsession with having ones "original" nickname there are many people who take it highly serious. It's actually the most common Salem complaint I get via our support channels.

i have been "darwoth" across a dozen games for something like 15 years now, i to would be highly annoyed if some random retard had hijacked my name.
Darwoth

Postby MagicManICT » Fri Nov 09, 2012 4:28 pm

Darwoth wrote:i have been "darwoth" across a dozen games for something like 15 years now, i to would be highly annoyed if some random retard had hijacked my name.

Is that a challenge? :lol:

Seriously, though, people can feel free to search on me. I've been using this handle since the mid 90s. (And if you search hard enough, you might find a few posts in rec.games.magic.) I don't think "highly annoyed" would describe my state of mind if I got "name jacked".
I am a moderator. I moderate stuff. When I do, I write in this color.
JohnCarver wrote:anybody who argues to remove a mechanic that allows "yet another" way to summon somebody is really a carebear in disguise trying to save his own hide.
MagicManICT

Postby Darwoth » Fri Nov 09, 2012 4:43 pm

the last time someone used my name (fairly common now depending on the game) i activated an account specifically for the game he was playing, infiltrated his guild, stole his guildbank and disbanded said guild.
Darwoth

Postby sabinati » Fri Nov 09, 2012 4:44 pm

Darwoth wrote:the last time someone used my name (fairly common now depending on the game) i activated an account specifically for the game he was playing, infiltrated his guild, stole his guildbank and disbanded said guild.

heh
Admin for Salem Wiki • Make suggestions or complaints in the Wiki Suggestion thread
sabinati

Postby colesie » Fri Nov 09, 2012 10:23 pm

I lost Jordancoles to myself on these servers :cry: :cry:
Beep Boop Bop
My builds (Under Occupation)
Have you given haven a try? ◕‿◕
colesie

Return to City upon a Hill