non Salem topic; Games we should be playing!

Forum for off topic and general discussion.

Re: non Salem topic; Games we should be playing!

Postby Argentis » Thu Apr 21, 2016 7:35 pm

Strakknuva225 wrote:Well, I've been playing Need for Speed Underground.
imo, it hasn't aged well.

That game was amazing though ;p
Argentis

Postby Strakknuva225 » Thu Apr 21, 2016 7:37 pm

Argentis wrote:
Strakknuva225 wrote:Well, I've been playing Need for Speed Underground.
imo, it hasn't aged well.

That game was amazing though ;p

I'm getting close to finishing it, after having rocked an MX-5 Miata for most of the game, will replace it with an RX-7.

Then I'll probably jump straight to Need for Speed Most Wanted, since I don't have that many fond memories of Underground 2.
Professional Beaver Clubber
"Knife to meet you."
Strakknuva225

Postby Strakknuva225 » Sun May 01, 2016 4:48 pm

Soo, I bought that one Ghost in the Shell game on Steam, after previously having refunded it because it ran like ass on my old PC.

Turns out it's a pretty decent game when at 60fps and without mouse acceleration. Good on them for improving the game.
Last edited by Strakknuva225 on Sun May 01, 2016 9:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Professional Beaver Clubber
"Knife to meet you."
Strakknuva225

Postby saltmummy » Sun May 01, 2016 8:13 pm

MISERY 2.2 is in the works, so I've been playing a bit of STALKER CoP with MISERY 2.1. I wish CoP had more areas to walk around in.
Darwoth wrote:you know, cause they were obviously fascist white supremacist burrito nazis.

I had a great dream where I was a handsome skeleton in a tower.
saltmummy

Postby Laighin » Wed Aug 24, 2016 7:59 pm

Does anyone know a game like Salem with lots of crafting (single player or MMO) ? I like this game but stopped playing a year or so ago when witchcraft and monsters became the way this game's focus. I am not a fan of monsters, witchcraft, fantasy etc. The crafting aspect of this game is really good and I really like the era.
Laighin

Postby Paradoxyc » Wed Aug 24, 2016 8:20 pm

Laighin wrote:Does anyone know a game like Salem with lots of crafting (single player or MMO) ? I like this game but stopped playing a year or so ago when witchcraft and monsters became the way this game's focus. I am not a fan of monsters, witchcraft, fantasy etc. The crafting aspect of this game is really good and I really like the era.

You don't have to participate in witchcraft and it hardly affects gameplay as it stands right now. If you don't live in darkness, chances are you will not personally encounter either of the above issues
Paradoxyc
Customer

Postby Flame » Wed Aug 24, 2016 8:27 pm

Salem is a crafting survival. If you search for this type of game, you'll find some out there, expecially single player. If you need a game really similar to Salem, well, it's a little bit harder, since the "step by step" feeling of Salem or H&H is not that common even in survival games.
There should be a few in development, but ain't followed them much and i have no idea if some of them actually get out the alpha level.

Wasn't Life is Feudal a game made from H&H fans?
Anyone tried it?
Flame

Postby Paradoxyc » Wed Aug 24, 2016 8:47 pm

Flame wrote:Salem is a crafting survival. If you search for this type of game, you'll find some out there, expecially single player. If you need a game really similar to Salem, well, it's a little bit harder, since the "step by step" feeling of Salem or H&H is not that common even in survival games.
There should be a few in development, but ain't followed them much and i have no idea if some of them actually get out the alpha level.

Anyone tried it?

Apparently LiF:YO is ****
Paradoxyc
Customer

Postby Kandarim » Wed Aug 24, 2016 8:48 pm

in my opinion, you're far better off buying the wurm unlimited thing over LiF:YO, although that might just be nostalgia.
I have neither the crayons nor the time to explain it to you.
JC wrote:I'm not fully committed to being wrong on that yet.
Kandarim
Customer

Postby Dallane » Wed Aug 24, 2016 9:07 pm

Paradoxyc wrote:
Flame wrote:Salem is a crafting survival. If you search for this type of game, you'll find some out there, expecially single player. If you need a game really similar to Salem, well, it's a little bit harder, since the "step by step" feeling of Salem or H&H is not that common even in survival games.

Anyone tried it?

Apparently LiF:YO is ****

I heard that it has been vastly improved since it 1st released.
Please click this link for a better salem forum experience

TotalyMeow wrote: Claeyt's perspective of Salem and what it's about is very different from the devs and in many cases is completely the opposite of what we believe.
Dallane

PreviousNext

Return to City upon a Hill