non Salem topic; Games we should be playing!

Forum for off topic and general discussion.

Re: non Salem topic; Games we should be playing!

Postby Paradoxyc » Wed Aug 24, 2016 9:57 pm

Kandarim wrote:in my opinion, you're far better off buying the wurm unlimited thing over LiF:YO, although that might just be nostalgia.

Wurm Unlimited is worse, super outdated engine and buggy as hell
Paradoxyc
Customer

Postby saltmummy » Thu Aug 25, 2016 12:02 am

They're both ****.

What the hell is wrong with the starbound devs? I can't say they were ever very good but holy crap when they released starbound into 1.0, they gutted that games content.
Darwoth wrote:you know, cause they were obviously fascist white supremacist burrito nazis.

I had a great dream where I was a handsome skeleton in a tower.
saltmummy

Postby Dallane » Thu Aug 25, 2016 12:04 am

saltmummy wrote:They're both ****.

What the hell is wrong with the starbound devs? I can't say they were ever very good but holy crap when they released starbound into 1.0, they gutted that games content.

I dunno but i've been playing it a ton recently. I only played it when it was 1st released but it's been really fun.
Please click this link for a better salem forum experience

TotalyMeow wrote: Claeyt's perspective of Salem and what it's about is very different from the devs and in many cases is completely the opposite of what we believe.
Dallane

Postby saltmummy » Thu Aug 25, 2016 12:12 am

Dallane wrote:

I dunno but i've been playing it a ton recently. I only played it when it was 1st released but it's been really fun.

It does still have it's fun. I just wish they hadn't ripped out so much stuff. Some of that stuff was features they had dedicated whole devlogs to. They were so excited to bring some of that stuff and they put so much effort into creating them. For what? They put forward all that effort and time only to tear it out by the roots in very next update.
Darwoth wrote:you know, cause they were obviously fascist white supremacist burrito nazis.

saltmummy

Postby jesi » Thu Aug 25, 2016 8:20 am

Flame wrote:Wasn't Life is Feudal a game made from H&H fans?
Anyone tried it?

I played LIF:YO a bit over a year ago. I liked it but progression is very boring unless you use the God-Mode. But if you use God-Mode, what's the fun. That and the game server seemed very unstable.

Claeyt promoted it at one point a long time ago. I did not know it was H&H centered. It does not really feel like it.
aptson wrote:
when i make posts on the forums i expect people to spell it out for me because i am new . .
jesi

Postby Flame » Thu Aug 25, 2016 8:57 am

I watched a few videos. It does seems a rough H&H in 3d. Buggy as the real game. XD
I'll pass.
Flame

Postby jesi » Thu Aug 25, 2016 5:34 pm

Anybody seen this yet. It's for release in 2017. There is very little information on the website but the graphics makes me think "Microsoft stole Salem."

https://www.seaofthieves.com/game/pirate
aptson wrote:
when i make posts on the forums i expect people to spell it out for me because i am new . .
jesi

Postby saltmummy » Thu Aug 25, 2016 7:55 pm

jesi wrote:Anybody seen this yet. It's for release in 2017. There is very little information on the website but the graphics makes me think "Microsoft stole Salem."

https://www.seaofthieves.com/game/pirate

The ship to ship combat looks appealing.

saltmummy

Postby RainbowMoostache » Thu Aug 25, 2016 8:05 pm

I heard they'll add some if not all content back, better and polished. It's confirmed that they were gonna bring back planet chat, so that's a start. They improved the hotbar too, at the release it was clunky and just confusing. I couldn't fast-transfer items between inventory and hotbar on release and other things that itched many, me including. The devs are actually starting to listen now, which is nice.

Overall I think Starbound is enjoyable, even if you don't do the storyline. There should be a bit of something for everyone.

then again, they done ***** up on important parts. i hope they fix it in future patches.
RainbowMoostache

Postby saltmummy » Thu Aug 25, 2016 10:58 pm

RainbowMoostache wrote:The devs are actually starting to listen now, which is nice.

I always believed the problem was not that they weren't listening, but that they were listening too closely and getting confused.

I was playing dark souls 2 last night and got invaded. Close fight, but in the end the invader disconnected just before mah poison could end him. I healed up twice in the fight and he didn't heal at all. I think he was expecting some slow heavy hitter and was gonna try to bleed me to death. The moment I saw the invasion notice though, I switched over to a much lighter weapon with heavy poison. I really hate it when they run away. I backed off so he could apply his fire crap to his sword once and even gave him ample opportunity to heal, but in the end when it was obvious he wasn't going to win he just ran off like a *****.

saltmummy

PreviousNext

Return to City upon a Hill