non Salem topic; Games we should be playing!

Forum for off topic and general discussion.

Re: non Salem topic; Games we should be playing!

Postby Hose » Mon Apr 11, 2016 6:37 pm

Strakknuva225 wrote:
Hose wrote:Everything older than wotlk completely sucks

vanilla was da best tiem of waow

Agreed, but it does suck that blizzard forced nostalrius to shut down :cry:
My dog walks me to the park and doggy styles me, if you find that weird you're an arrogant gender-assuming bloodthirsty gun-loving cisgender bestial sexist incestuous white-previlege misogynistic biased raped privileged Nazi slave owner terrorist lesbian.
Hose

Postby Strakknuva225 » Mon Apr 11, 2016 6:48 pm

Hose wrote:
Strakknuva225 wrote:
Hose wrote:Everything older than wotlk completely sucks

vanilla was da best tiem of waow

Agreed, but it does suck that blizzard forced nostalrius to shut down :cry:

If there's one thing I find stupid it's the "wow was better before x expansion" debate. Although I would quite like for there to be a return of challenge into the game soo that everything isn't easy to breeze through.
Professional Beaver Clubber
"Knife to meet you."
Strakknuva225

Postby Hose » Mon Apr 11, 2016 6:52 pm

I played WoD for approximately 1 day and quit because i was already lvl 90 (thanks to *****)... 1 day later lvl 98 GG
My dog walks me to the park and doggy styles me, if you find that weird you're an arrogant gender-assuming bloodthirsty gun-loving cisgender bestial sexist incestuous white-previlege misogynistic biased raped privileged Nazi slave owner terrorist lesbian.
Hose

Postby Strakknuva225 » Mon Apr 11, 2016 6:54 pm

Hose wrote:I played WoD for approximately 1 day and quit because i was already lvl 90 (thanks to *****)... 1 day later lvl 98 GG

WoD was very dissapointing to me. Garrisons especially. And then I looked at all the dungeons and raids after Blizz announced there'd be no more content I scratched my head thinking "Uh... Where're the other three quarters of dungeons and raids?"
"Knife to meet you."
Strakknuva225

Postby Ofisat » Mon Apr 11, 2016 6:56 pm

Strakknuva225 wrote:
saltmummy wrote:I went ahead and installed Age of Empires 3. After I did that and played it for a little bit, I went to look at it's store page to see if people thought it was garbage like they did back in highschool. I found two things, the first of which is that the games required servers are almost always down and the second of which was the price. AoE3 came out in 2005, what the hell is with microsoft believing it's games don't depreciate in value? 40$ for a ten year old game whose ESO servers don't even run, jegus. I am so damn lucky I got it from some bundle somewhere for five bucks.

It's not great on AoE2HD either. Whilst AoE2 is all well and good, everbody loves it, the added touches are eeehhhh... The game still runs off the engine made back in '99 with I doubt any touching up, since anything that wasn't made a thing back in '99, like 300+ popcap, LudiKRIS maps run like ****. They should've updated the tech :I

Look at: http://www.voobly.com/ if you want to play the AOE series online. AOEIII isnt that popular anymore though , even here. I started playing age of mythology again recently, great nostalgic feeling :)
Ofisat
Customer

Postby Strakknuva225 » Mon Apr 11, 2016 6:58 pm

Ofisat wrote:
Strakknuva225 wrote:
saltmummy wrote:I went ahead and installed Age of Empires 3. After I did that and played it for a little bit, I went to look at it's store page to see if people thought it was garbage like they did back in highschool. I found two things, the first of which is that the games required servers are almost always down and the second of which was the price. AoE3 came out in 2005, what the hell is with microsoft believing it's games don't depreciate in value? 40$ for a ten year old game whose ESO servers don't even run, jegus. I am so damn lucky I got it from some bundle somewhere for five bucks.

It's not great on AoE2HD either. Whilst AoE2 is all well and good, everbody loves it, the added touches are eeehhhh... The game still runs off the engine made back in '99 with I doubt any touching up, since anything that wasn't made a thing back in '99, like 300+ popcap, LudiKRIS maps run like ****. They should've updated the tech :I

Look at: http://www.voobly.com/ if you want to play the AOE series online. AOEIII isnt that popular anymore though , even here. I started playing age of mythology again recently, great nostalgic feeling :)

Oh man, I miss Age of Empires Online now.
"Knife to meet you."
Strakknuva225

Postby Nephilim » Mon Apr 11, 2016 7:07 pm

Best was Vanilla + TBC. After that was downhill. I still can't forget Muru and Sunwell.
Nephilim

Postby Strakknuva225 » Mon Apr 11, 2016 7:10 pm

Nephilim wrote:Best was Vanilla + TBC. After that was downhill. I still can't forget Muru and Sunwell.

Man, gotta love class stacking and rerolling to leatherworking for one boss.
"Knife to meet you."
Strakknuva225

Postby Hose » Mon Apr 11, 2016 7:42 pm

I am actually playing on Kronos :P
Hose

Postby saltmummy » Mon Apr 11, 2016 8:26 pm

I never played WoW but I got dragged into a few other MMOs, most of them terrible. I think the only MMO games I ever touched and enjoyed were legacy Haven and Salem. Speaking of microsofts RTS games, Rise of Nations. That, was a good game. Get the terracotta army wonder up as quick as possible before the other pricks can get it and have yourself a constant trickle of free basic soldiers. Of course if they got AI before you did, then your wonder would be made completely redundant as they produced soldiers instantly to stomp all over your crap. It makes me think the game was developed with the idea that if you got to the point where you were getting the ultimate civ upgrades, then it was about time to stop prolonging the round.

Gat dam iron curtain stopping my nukes. On a note related to nukes, It is a well known fact that I will nuke myself as a defensive measure without blinking an eye, and nuke my allies armies by accident while carpet nuking the guy he is trying to invade in Rise of Nations and Civ5. I love me some nukes in Rise of Nations, that warm glow is good for you.
Darwoth wrote:you know, cause they were obviously fascist white supremacist burrito nazis.

I had a great dream where I was a handsome skeleton in a tower.
saltmummy

PreviousNext

Return to City upon a Hill