non Salem topic; Games we should be playing!

Forum for off topic and general discussion.

Re: non Salem topic; Games we should be playing!

Postby saltmummy » Fri Mar 04, 2016 7:34 am

Dragons Dogma is pretty good, though I hate how my friends are constantly trying to shove trainers and various builds in my face to get me to make my pawn "useful" to them. Gat dam minmaxers. Can't just play games for fun anymore...
Darwoth wrote:you know, cause they were obviously fascist white supremacist burrito nazis.

I had a great dream where I was a handsome skeleton in a tower.
saltmummy

Postby Flame » Fri Mar 04, 2016 9:44 pm

What about Unreal World?
Flame

Postby saltmummy » Tue Mar 22, 2016 2:31 am

Unreal world is good. (reviving this thread, not quiet a necro as it's still march.)
What are the communities opinions on brutal doom? I know a lot of people really don't like it, but personally the updated control scheme alone is something I enjoy, being able to crouch and jump I mean, and easy mouse looking. I feel it adds a bit more speed and fluidity to an already good experience.
Darwoth wrote:you know, cause they were obviously fascist white supremacist burrito nazis.

I had a great dream where I was a handsome skeleton in a tower.
saltmummy

Postby jcwilk » Tue Mar 22, 2016 2:41 am

Flame wrote:What about Unreal World?

Yeah I played that for a bit, pretty cool and in-line with Salem for sure.

I rather liked The Long Dark as well, an indie single player permadeath survival game taking place in northern Canada so it's mostly about a race to not freeze to death and find food while trying to fend off wolves and such FPS style. Probably the best part of it is how much effort they went through to make it as atmospheric as possible, there's a ridiculous number of different sounds for wind blowing and the white-out blizzards are really cool. Still early access but it's very playable as is, spent many hours in it.
JohnCarver wrote:This way no matter how bad my day gets, a text message that one of you died to madness always seems to brighten it.
jcwilk

Postby jcwilk » Tue Mar 22, 2016 2:42 am

twram wrote:Life

Tried it, not my thing.
JohnCarver wrote:This way no matter how bad my day gets, a text message that one of you died to madness always seems to brighten it.
jcwilk

Postby Forungi » Tue Mar 22, 2016 7:44 am

jcwilk wrote:
Flame wrote:What about Unreal World?

Yeah I played that for a bit, pretty cool and in-line with Salem for sure.

I rather liked The Long Dark as well, an indie single player permadeath survival game taking place in northern Canada so it's mostly about a race to not freeze to death and find food while trying to fend off wolves and such FPS style. Probably the best part of it is how much effort they went through to make it as atmospheric as possible, there's a ridiculous number of different sounds for wind blowing and the white-out blizzards are really cool. Still early access but it's very playable as is, spent many hours in it.

The Long Dark has been in Early Access for years though, with little to no progress since it appeared.
Forungi

Postby jcwilk » Tue Mar 22, 2016 8:05 am

Forungi wrote:The Long Dark has been in Early Access for years though, with little to no progress since it appeared.

Are you thinking of a different game? :P They've made lots of progress over the past year or so, though there was a quiet period where it stalled for a bit. There were a good 3 or 4 major updates last year that added whole new regions, major new items/gameplay mechanics, adjustments to animal behaviors, etc, etc. I try to come back to it every 6 months or so and there's usually enough new content to keep me interested for a week or so.
jcwilk

Postby Forungi » Tue Mar 22, 2016 8:33 am

jcwilk wrote:
Forungi wrote:The Long Dark has been in Early Access for years though, with little to no progress since it appeared.

Are you thinking of a different game? :P They've made lots of progress over the past year or so, though there was a quiet period where it stalled for a bit. There were a good 3 or 4 major updates last year that added whole new regions, major new items/gameplay mechanics, adjustments to animal behaviors, etc, etc. I try to come back to it every 6 months or so and there's usually enough new content to keep me interested for a week or so.

No I know exactly what game it is, and it's sad to see that they have not used their money in a good way. The progress made across these years that have passed is truly sad.
Forungi

Postby toddesloan » Thu Mar 24, 2016 4:10 pm

Wind storm few weeks ago uprooted 6 of my leyland cypress trees....

I have been playing Salem in RL, literally.

LOL

BigCountry
The Clintons (William and Hillary)

http://www.twitch.tv/bigcountry74/profile
toddesloan
Customer

Postby Inotdead » Thu Mar 24, 2016 4:28 pm

If you enjoyed unreal world you might want to take a look at Cataclysm DDA.
Claeyt wrote: I'm not saying it's right or justified that they steal or sell drugs or murder cops I'm saying that that's exactly what you would do if you were poor and desperate and Black.
Inotdead

PreviousNext

Return to City upon a Hill