No loot in tree stumps in Roanoke?

Forum for off topic and general discussion.

No loot in tree stumps in Roanoke?

Postby paulcrawls » Mon Nov 05, 2012 7:38 pm

So far it is.
Been checking 30 or more stumps with no result.
Any differences?
Who killed Davey Moore
Why an' what's the reason for?
paulcrawls

Re: No loot in tree stumps in Roanoke?

Postby staxjax » Mon Nov 05, 2012 7:46 pm

From my understanding, every time a person enters a certain map grid the stumps have chance to spawn an item...since there has not been that much player activity on Roanoke, the stumps haven't had very many chances to spawn items. It was like this for me at the start of Plymouth as well...but now I have a 'stump garden' outside of my city full of fabulous items for your casual stumper.
Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most - Ozzy Osbourne

Confirmed retards: Nimmeth, Claeyt, MycroSparks
staxjax

Postby Sevenless » Mon Nov 05, 2012 10:05 pm

Settle down in an area and wait a day (do other things in the area) before bothering to stump.
It's been neat to see the evolution of a game. Salem has come so far, and still has far to go. Although frustrating, I think it's been an experience worth the effort.
Sevenless

Postby Jalpha » Tue Nov 06, 2012 12:16 am

Is that really how stump spawns function? I thought it may actually be tied in to decay ticks or something, items which spawn inside stumps seem to remain there unless removed.

Unless there is some kind of cooldown on stumps, where they will remain as is and do not spawn new items unless a certain time period has passed, within which no-one has loaded the map grid.

In any case I suspect the mechanics of stump spawns are not as simple as a chance for a spawn per stump per loading of the map grid.

Also while I'm here, do hollow logs spawn items or is it only the stumps? If they do it must be a much more infrequent occurrence.

Edit: Should this be in help?
Professor Gu Zhongmao wrote:These projects are beautiful to scientists, but nightmarish to engineers
Jalpha

Return to City upon a Hill