The New and Improved UI

Forum for off topic and general discussion.

Re: The New and Improved UI

Postby MagicManICT » Thu Nov 08, 2012 1:52 pm

This is the interesting thing about designing with Java. You attract people with all manner of computers. If it was properly supported, people would be playing it on smartphones (there's already been requests for a smartphone capable client).
I am a moderator. I moderate stuff. When I do, I write in this color.
JohnCarver wrote:anybody who argues to remove a mechanic that allows "yet another" way to summon somebody is really a carebear in disguise trying to save his own hide.
MagicManICT

Postby Steve » Thu Nov 08, 2012 4:22 pm

MagicManICT wrote:This is the interesting thing about designing with Java. You attract people with all manner of computers. If it was properly supported, people would be playing it on smartphones (there's already been requests for a smartphone capable client).

Yeah, I thought the same. The beauty of developing with Java is that you have a wide range of possible platforms. Of course that also means that you need to consider this wide range of platforms when designing the UI.

I have nothing against the artwork, I think it's fine - it's the inflexibility of the user interface that's the problem.
Steve

Postby Ass_Kraken » Fri Nov 09, 2012 3:33 am

Steve wrote:
MagicManICT wrote:This is the interesting thing about designing with Java. You attract people with all manner of computers. If it was properly supported, people would be playing it on smartphones (there's already been requests for a smartphone capable client).

Yeah, I thought the same. The beauty of developing with Java is that you have a wide range of possible platforms. Of course that also means that you need to consider this wide range of platforms when designing the UI.

Do you mean different types of laptops/PCs? Because smartphones and all those apple things aren't supported by java and thats what I had implied you meant.
Ass_Kraken

Previous

Return to City upon a Hill