Salem Community and You

Forum for off topic and general discussion.

Re: Salem Community and You

Postby sabinati » Sat Nov 03, 2012 7:53 am

MagicManICT wrote:
sabinati wrote:if you game and you don't look at the wiki then you are a scrub

Some of us are old enough that there didn't used to be anything like a wiki. Instead you paid $30 or $40 a year for a bimonthly magazine or newsletter to try and get as much information about your game you could (that'd be like paying $100 a year now or more). Then the internet became easy to access and it hasn't been the same since.... The internet: killing print media since 1969.

look man i had a subscription to nintendo power too and i bought the game guides for the sierra games and uphill snow etc etc but times change. although from what i can tell there is still a killing to be made in the game guide market (http://www.primagames.com). but it's 2012 and we can internet now and this is an MMO. i would think that people would expect to use a wiki for a thing like this.
Admin for Salem Wiki • Make suggestions or complaints in the Wiki Suggestion thread
sabinati

Postby MagicManICT » Sat Nov 03, 2012 2:47 pm

I think you missed my point... Those of us that want to find more information are going to do so no matter the trouble and cost. Those that are lazy and aren't going to bother looking anything up unless it's served up to them on a silver platter are going to languish in the bottom rungs of gamersville. Throwing the internet in there just makes it easy and (more or less) free because people like me and you, sabinati, will serve up that information for no cost to others.

Nintendo Power was (is) as mainstream as Wired. I was thinking more along the lines of some of the stuff put out for/by Avalon Hill, some of the old chess magazines, etc. :P
I am a moderator. I moderate stuff. When I do, I write in this color.
JohnCarver wrote:anybody who argues to remove a mechanic that allows "yet another" way to summon somebody is really a carebear in disguise trying to save his own hide.
MagicManICT

Postby colesie » Sat Nov 03, 2012 5:04 pm

I still have a tower on nintendo power magazines lol
I like to look back at them to see how games have changed every year or two. The screen shots are hilarious.
Beep Boop Bop
My builds (Under Occupation)
Have you given haven a try? ◕‿◕
colesie

Postby Oddity » Sun Nov 04, 2012 1:22 am

Jalpha wrote:accountability to the devs and mods

I don't think the devs want anything "accountability" outside of the game world like that.
Let me know when it's H&H World 7.
Oddity

Postby colesie » Wed Nov 07, 2012 5:41 am

I'm interested to see how the new players joining us after multiworld are going to handle the people rushing to grief lol

Also it would be nice if the devs could drop the inevitable Boston P claim line for the first few weeks at least.
Beep Boop Bop
My builds (Under Occupation)
Have you given haven a try? ◕‿◕
colesie

Previous

Return to City upon a Hill