Any Dev Word on Open Beta or More Invites?

Forum for off topic and general discussion.

Re: Any Dev Word on Open Beta or More Invites?

Postby MagicManICT » Tue Aug 07, 2012 5:49 pm

I assume you mean the usual--Facebook and Twitter--as well as the forums and Paradox news page. Any thoughts on releasing a batch of keys to some of the news/forum sites like MMORPG.com or Massively? (Think nearly all of them are owned by the same company anymore, anyway).

Not to drag this off topic, but isn't "media outlet" just another phrase for "media channel" along with a half dozen (or more) other phrases to indicate the same thing?
I am a moderator. I moderate stuff. When I do, I write in this color.
JohnCarver wrote:anybody who argues to remove a mechanic that allows "yet another" way to summon somebody is really a carebear in disguise trying to save his own hide.
MagicManICT

Postby Sevenless » Wed Aug 08, 2012 4:08 am

MagicManICT wrote:I assume you mean the usual--Facebook and Twitter--as well as the forums and Paradox news page. Any thoughts on releasing a batch of keys to some of the news/forum sites like MMORPG.com or Massively? (Think nearly all of them are owned by the same company anymore, anyway).

Not to drag this off topic, but isn't "media outlet" just another phrase for "media channel" along with a half dozen (or more) other phrases to indicate the same thing?

TLDR; Moo knows his buzzwords. At least paradox hired someone competent at their job?
It's been neat to see the evolution of a game. Salem has come so far, and still has far to go. Although frustrating, I think it's been an experience worth the effort.
Sevenless

Postby TotalyMoo » Wed Aug 08, 2012 11:31 am

Sevenless wrote:
MagicManICT wrote:I assume you mean the usual--Facebook and Twitter--as well as the forums and Paradox news page. Any thoughts on releasing a batch of keys to some of the news/forum sites like MMORPG.com or Massively? (Think nearly all of them are owned by the same company anymore, anyway).

TLDR; Moo knows his buzzwords. At least paradox hired someone competent at their job?

Buzzwords are fun, even buzzword is a buzzword. Thanks for the compliment ;)

I can't spoil anything, yet, MagicMan. But let's just say that it won't be hard to get a key and there will be many different ways.
I never managed to figure out something clever for my signature on Paradoxplaza, and I doubt I'll do it here either.

"ur a mod till u shwo ur a admin"
TotalyMoo

Postby Sevenless » Wed Aug 08, 2012 6:08 pm

TotalyMoo wrote:
Sevenless wrote:

Buzzwords are fun, even buzzword is a buzzword. Thanks for the compliment ;)

I can't spoil anything, yet, MagicMan. But let's just say that it won't be hard to get a key and there will be many different ways.

This is the internet Moo, everyone reading that post immediately thought something horribly dirty when you said "many different ways".
It's been neat to see the evolution of a game. Salem has come so far, and still has far to go. Although frustrating, I think it's been an experience worth the effort.
Sevenless

Postby ThePured » Wed Aug 08, 2012 7:57 pm

Moo is the sexy bear.
Open beta is close by (Thats what i'm taking from the hint) and there will be a lot of servers D:< Yaay
jorb wrote:Oh not this **** again. I'm going to make it so that animals turn into fire breathing ***** dragons every time they come into base contact with a ***** signpost. Graaaah!
ThePured

Postby Sevenless » Wed Aug 08, 2012 8:05 pm

ThePured wrote:Moo is the sexy bear.
Open beta is close by (Thats what i'm taking from the hint) and there will be a lot of servers D:< Yaay

Not a lot of servers. More I'd expect a new one every 4-6 months to give newer players a chance to mature without being completely in the shadow of the giants. There has been mention of crossing servers though, so we'll see how that pans out.
Sevenless

Postby Megge » Wed Aug 08, 2012 8:24 pm

if you wait for a closed beta key , forgett it.
I registered 3 months befoe the Cb startet and my Mail got Junked by the Spam folder ( got no support )
Just buy a key or wait for OB. Trust me and don't have hope to get a CB key , u won't.
The Guys from Paradox should really think about Commercial CB Offers and don't bann customers .. try to get a CB
Megge

Postby TeckXKnight » Wed Aug 08, 2012 8:30 pm

Megge wrote:if you wait for a closed beta key , forgett it.
I registered 3 months befoe the Cb startet and my Mail got Junked by the Spam folder ( got no support )
Just buy a key or wait for OB. Trust me and don't have hope to get a CB key , u won't.
The Guys from Paradox should really think about Commercial CB Offers and don't bann customers .. try to get a CB

It's really not permitted to be trading or buying/selling beta keys in any way here. Just going to go ahead and attempt to dissuade that before anyone decides it's a good idea.

Also, why can't customers be banned? If you're going to do something that violates the game or community rules to such an extent, why should you be exempt from the same punishment as anyone else?
TeckXKnight

Postby Megge » Wed Aug 08, 2012 8:44 pm

i didn't made him a offer, so it's not a forbidden task. I just tell him how it is and what he has to looking for.
For my self, i registered Regualry for the CB and i got one , but the key got Junked , i asked the Support for help and the only thing came back " We are sorry there will be soon a Chance to get some new CB keys this or the next week" (it was 1 month ago and nothing happens)
And after i asked in the Forums i got banned, Seriously maybe it was okay if the Rules say so, but for me it was just a Joke.

Anyway i have a key now so i don't really bother, i just hate to see guys try to be part of the Game and get no Real Awnser (i prefer to have a real awnser and not a fake one like, we will start soon another event for CB)
Megge

Postby Vigilance » Thu Aug 09, 2012 2:12 am

Megge, you type like a sperg.

That was the second time in the past week I've had to say something like that.

I really have no idea what you just said, so I'll agree with Teck because he's usually right.
Suffragium wrote:I love sausages.
Vigilance

PreviousNext

Return to City upon a Hill