Any Dev Word on Open Beta or More Invites?

Forum for off topic and general discussion.

Re: Any Dev Word on Open Beta or More Invites?

Postby TeckXKnight » Thu Aug 09, 2012 2:42 am

Megge wrote:i didn't made him a offer, so it's not a forbidden task. I just tell him how it is and what he has to looking for.
For my self, i registered Regualry for the CB and i got one , but the key got Junked , i asked the Support for help and the only thing came back " We are sorry there will be soon a Chance to get some new CB keys this or the next week" (it was 1 month ago and nothing happens)
And after i asked in the Forums i got banned, Seriously maybe it was okay if the Rules say so, but for me it was just a Joke.

Anyway i have a key now so i don't really bother, i just hate to see guys try to be part of the Game and get no Real Awnser (i prefer to have a real awnser and not a fake one like, we will start soon another event for CB)

Hrm. I can understand your frustration then. You met with ill fortune and rather than aid you, you were banned for what sounds like it was nothing. Perhaps I'm missing a piece of the puzzle here but I do apologize for the treatment you received.

I was not trying to say that you were selling anything, just saying people shouldn't. It is against the rules and we do have to punish you if you do.

I can also understand the desire for direct answers. In the defense of all of us; no one knows anything concrete. The best that we can do is offer you what we do know and hope that it remains true; because sometimes it does not. I think TotallyMoo is worth trusting in this instance. =)
TeckXKnight

Postby TotalyMoo » Thu Aug 09, 2012 11:40 am

TeckXKnight wrote:
Megge wrote:i didn't made him a offer, so it's not a forbidden task. I just tell him how it is and what he has to looking for.
For my self, i registered Regualry for the CB and i got one , but the key got Junked , i asked the Support for help and the only thing came back " We are sorry there will be soon a Chance to get some new CB keys this or the next week" (it was 1 month ago and nothing happens)
And after i asked in the Forums i got banned, Seriously maybe it was okay if the Rules say so, but for me it was just a Joke.

Anyway i have a key now so i don't really bother, i just hate to see guys try to be part of the Game and get no Real Awnser (i prefer to have a real awnser and not a fake one like, we will start soon another event for CB)

Hrm. I can understand your frustration then. You met with ill fortune and rather than aid you, you were banned for what sounds like it was nothing. Perhaps I'm missing a piece of the puzzle here but I do apologize for the treatment you received.

I was not trying to say that you were selling anything, just saying people shouldn't. It is against the rules and we do have to punish you if you do.

I can also understand the desire for direct answers. In the defense of all of us; no one knows anything concrete. The best that we can do is offer you what we do know and hope that it remains true; because sometimes it does not. I think TotallyMoo is worth trusting in this instance. =)

You are missing a piece of the puzzle, but rather than take it up here I recommend megge to PM me if he has any issue with the 7 day ban I gave him on Paradoxplaza a while ago. Talking moderation decisions in an open thread is pretty unnecessary.

We really want to bring out a lot more beta keys soon, I am just waiting for the word from some of my superiors to start giving green lights.
I never managed to figure out something clever for my signature on Paradoxplaza, and I doubt I'll do it here either.

"ur a mod till u shwo ur a admin"
TotalyMoo

Postby Tonkyhonk » Thu Aug 09, 2012 12:50 pm

Megge wrote:And after i asked in the Forums i got banned, Seriously maybe it was okay if the Rules say so, but for me it was just a Joke.

http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/sho ... Rules-****
Paradox 10 Commandments wrote:2. {Talk to staff by PM} You will not argue with, comment on or question the actions/authority/ or comments of the Paradox staff (Administrators, Moderators, etc.) in a public forum. Should you wish to do so you are directed to contact the Paradox staff via PM (the private messaging system - see “How to Contact Staff” below).

How to Contact Staff wrote:Public posts against administrative/Moderator actions are against rule 2 and will be deleted and penalties liable by the user.

so, yeah, the Rules say so there.
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Tonkyhonk

Postby TotalyMoo » Thu Aug 09, 2012 12:58 pm

Tonkyhonk wrote:
Megge wrote:And after i asked in the Forums i got banned, Seriously maybe it was okay if the Rules say so, but for me it was just a Joke.

http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/sho ... Rules-****
Paradox 10 Commandments wrote:2. {Talk to staff by PM} You will not argue with, comment on or question the actions/authority/ or comments of the Paradox staff (Administrators, Moderators, etc.) in a public forum. Should you wish to do so you are directed to contact the Paradox staff via PM (the private messaging system - see “How to Contact Staff” below).

How to Contact Staff wrote:Public posts against administrative/Moderator actions are against rule 2 and will be deleted and penalties liable by the user.

so, yeah, the Rules say so there.

Let's drop it, this is going off-topic and serves no purpose. This is not Paradoxplaza, and an old conflict does not need to be carried over here.
I never managed to figure out something clever for my signature on Paradoxplaza, and I doubt I'll do it here either.

"ur a mod till u shwo ur a admin"
TotalyMoo

Postby painhertz » Thu Aug 09, 2012 2:59 pm

Unless my thinking is off, I've realized that Open beta will "be" release. Let's look at it. No more map wipes.... Money store is in place and since it's a F2P game no gold copies have to be mastered, anyone will be able to play.... so except for maybe some arbitrary "release date" and the ensuing press, Open beta IS release.
"since i am in my 30s and could probably throw you across the room"

"Porky" Darwoth: Confusing reality and video games since 2012.......
painhertz

Postby Banok » Fri Aug 10, 2012 8:00 pm

yeah i realised that when i was explaining to some friends still waiting to get in, that really separates release from open beta...
Banok

Postby Sevenless » Fri Aug 10, 2012 8:59 pm

painhertz wrote:Unless my thinking is off, I've realized that Open beta will "be" release. Let's look at it. No more map wipes.... Money store is in place and since it's a F2P game no gold copies have to be mastered, anyone will be able to play.... so except for maybe some arbitrary "release date" and the ensuing press, Open beta IS release.

The only potential difference I could see would be % of endgame content implemented. Open beta won't have everything, release should have most if not all currently intended content.

That being said beta stage literally means "all content implemented, testing for balancing and lag issues", so what each stage is called is pretty meaningless anyway.
It's been neat to see the evolution of a game. Salem has come so far, and still has far to go. Although frustrating, I think it's been an experience worth the effort.
Sevenless

Postby painhertz » Fri Aug 10, 2012 11:18 pm

Sevenless wrote:
painhertz wrote:Unless my thinking is off, I've realized that Open beta will "be" release. Let's look at it. No more map wipes.... Money store is in place and since it's a F2P game no gold copies have to be mastered, anyone will be able to play.... so except for maybe some arbitrary "release date" and the ensuing press, Open beta IS release.

The only potential difference I could see would be % of endgame content implemented. Open beta won't have everything, release should have most if not all currently intended content.

That being said beta stage literally means "all content implemented, testing for balancing and lag issues", so what each stage is called is pretty meaningless anyway.

Mmog's add content generally to the day they shut down so yeah.... I'd be willing to bet you don't see Witchcraft in Open beta/Release or whatever you call it.
"since i am in my 30s and could probably throw you across the room"

"Porky" Darwoth: Confusing reality and video games since 2012.......
painhertz

Previous

Return to City upon a Hill