Regarding this weekends events

Forum for off topic and general discussion.

Re: Regarding this weekends events

Postby sabinati » Sat Nov 03, 2012 3:09 am

greg0418 wrote:
ElCapitan1701 wrote:
staxjax wrote:As far as I know, the developers dont really talk to anybody about what they are working on or what their plans are.

Yeah, nevertheless, I got the impression the devs are more in line with Dallane, and the old H&H hardcore community, then open for a new Salem community. They seem to do their job like a hobby, which is nice for them, and okay with me. Then they just should make a H&H2 for Dallane and his guys, tell Paradox to shut up and we are leaving to the next MMO promising a new crafting approach...

holy flying *****. can you people not see that dallane is a giant troll? He has no more access to "backroom fellowship dev chats" than I do to the queen's *******.

no they can't see that. say hi to the queen for me ¦]
Admin for Salem Wiki • Make suggestions or complaints in the Wiki Suggestion thread
sabinati

Postby Dallane » Sat Nov 03, 2012 4:21 am

ElCapitan1701 wrote:
staxjax wrote:As far as I know, the developers dont really talk to anybody about what they are working on or what their plans are.

Yeah, nevertheless, I got the impression the devs are more in line with Dallane, and the old H&H hardcore community, then open for a new Salem community. They seem to do their job like a hobby, which is nice for them, and okay with me. Then they just should make a H&H2 for Dallane and his guys, tell Paradox to shut up and we are leaving to the next MMO promising a new crafting approach...

special fellowship back room chat you guys wouldn't know about it.
Please click this link for a better salem forum experience

TotalyMeow wrote: Claeyt's perspective of Salem and what it's about is very different from the devs and in many cases is completely the opposite of what we believe.
Dallane

Postby colesie » Sat Nov 03, 2012 6:49 am

L33LEE wrote:
Dallane wrote:
L33LEE wrote:If "alot" of people have been wondering this as you say, why have i yet to see any mentioning of it on the forums from anyone ?

Maybe if concerns were pushed forth they could be answered ? Or are you saying they have been asked in the past(through various other channels outside these forums), and nothing come from it ? which seems to be the "norm" around here.

irc and backroom chats you aren't in

Yep because its so good for the community to know that the devs associate with a specific group of players, in "Backrooms" as u say, were only a very specific group of players know were to find.

Salem IRC
http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/sho ... -Salem-irc

Thread:
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1612
Beep Boop Bop
My builds (Under Occupation)
Have you given haven a try? ◕‿◕
colesie

Postby darnokpl » Sat Nov 03, 2012 7:03 am

When I am reading trolling like this I can understand that, but imho any new player after he read that Dallane got some special treatment
will just think that he have little or none chance to win in here and simply leave this game :x

Imho there should be 2 forums... one for hardcore players where they can troll and insult each other without any punishment,
there should be HoB, The Trade-Wind, Planters & Pilgrims and maybe City upon a Hill.
They don't need Help section, because they are using IRC/skype anyway.

Second forum should have sections like we have now, but rules should be tightened to level
where insulting and trolling about special connections with Devs will be punished,
so new people without sense of humor and having problems with sarcasm wouldn't feel bad.
Yes I know it may look like stupid idea, but trust me if someone is new, like I was few months ago,
he may not understand trolling, sarcasm and your specific sense of humor.
darnokpl

Postby colesie » Sat Nov 03, 2012 7:07 am

It was suggested on the Haven forums for an "Adult section" for that sort of thing but really, it doesn't change the game. 2 forums still = the exact same ingame experience and if anything it limits knowledge players will get of the happenings of the game. You're forced to give into the newly created ***** in order to know if you're being plotted against.
Beep Boop Bop
colesie

Postby darnokpl » Sat Nov 03, 2012 7:22 am

colesie wrote:It was suggested on the Haven forums for an "Adult section" for that sort of thing but really, it doesn't change the game. 2 forums still = the exact same ingame experience and if anything it limits knowledge players will get of the happenings of the game. You're forced to give into the newly created ***** in order to know if you're being plotted against.

I like name "Adult section" and there should be warning about content and what feelings it may cause :)
About "plotted against" yes you are right in some cases, but pros doesn't plotting against newbies as persons, newbies are seen like group of people
and I think I haven't seen any bad word pointed to newbie-player directly.
Pros in most cases like to talk about people equal to them in experiences on forum, so imho new players wouldn't have read every post in there.
darnokpl

Postby colesie » Sat Nov 03, 2012 7:34 am

"You see that new village starting up in the recruitment threads? They posted a picture of their base lolololol. I found their co ords *insert co ords here* get get um"
Easy as that and if you refuse to check the adult forums because of how adulty it is then you're screwed. Best way to defend yourself is to know exactly what is going on in the world around you. That means:
-Being in Irc
-Skype chats
-Reading all forums
-Good deductive skills/Forethought

A separate forum is just another subsection to read lol
Beep Boop Bop
colesie

Postby Dallane » Sat Nov 03, 2012 8:19 am

colesie wrote:"You see that new village starting up in the recruitment threads? They posted a picture of their base lolololol. I found their co ords *insert co ords here* get get um"
Easy as that and if you refuse to check the adult forums because of how adulty it is then you're screwed. Best way to defend yourself is to know exactly what is going on in the world around you. That means:
-Being in Irc
-Skype chats
-Reading all forums

you also have to watch the other salem forums for polish russians and germans

TotalyMeow wrote: Claeyt's perspective of Salem and what it's about is very different from the devs and in many cases is completely the opposite of what we believe.
Dallane

Postby greg0418 » Sat Nov 03, 2012 4:41 pm

Dallane wrote:
colesie wrote:"You see that new village starting up in the recruitment threads? They posted a picture of their base lolololol. I found their co ords *insert co ords here* get get um"
-Being in Irc
-Skype chats
-Reading all forums

you also have to watch the other salem forums for polish russians and germans

Exactly, dallane is learning his 23rd language as we speak. Those arabs won't be able to keep their secrets for long! :D
greg0418

Postby Dallane » Sat Nov 03, 2012 4:42 pm

greg0418 wrote:Exactly, dallane is learning his 23rd language as we speak. Those arabs won't be able to keep their secrets for long! :D

Using chrome is hard ya know.

Dallane

PreviousNext

Return to City upon a Hill