Regarding this weekends events

Forum for off topic and general discussion.

Re: Regarding this weekends events

Postby L33LEE » Fri Nov 02, 2012 10:30 pm

Dallane wrote:
L33LEE wrote:Then i ask myself, why is this game even considering open beta/public launch, if next to no content exists at this moment in time, this game feels more like at the prebeta testing stages (Late alpha) and no were near public / open beta.

Alot of people have been wandering about this. My main gripe is with the lack of content to keep 80 people happy and the need for multiple worlds for 80 people.

I think its a misinformation between seatribe/paradox and the public. There is a "launch date" with a severe lack of content. There is no way that they are thinking(i would hope) to release this or go into a open beta with the severe lack of content other then whatever shenanigans you can do to pass the time other then farming.

If "alot" of people have been wondering this as you say, why have i yet to see any mentioning of it on the forums from anyone ?

Maybe if concerns were pushed forth they could be answered ? Or are you saying they have been asked in the past(through various other channels outside these forums), and nothing come from it ? which seems to be the "norm" around here.
Retribution ~ Death comes to those who wait.

Wishy for Mod - http://forum.salemthegame.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=7783
L33LEE

Postby Dallane » Fri Nov 02, 2012 10:42 pm

L33LEE wrote:If "alot" of people have been wondering this as you say, why have i yet to see any mentioning of it on the forums from anyone ?

Maybe if concerns were pushed forth they could be answered ? Or are you saying they have been asked in the past(through various other channels outside these forums), and nothing come from it ? which seems to be the "norm" around here.

irc and backroom chats you aren't in
Please click this link for a better salem forum experience

TotalyMeow wrote: Claeyt's perspective of Salem and what it's about is very different from the devs and in many cases is completely the opposite of what we believe.
Dallane

Postby L33LEE » Fri Nov 02, 2012 10:49 pm

Dallane wrote:
L33LEE wrote:If "alot" of people have been wondering this as you say, why have i yet to see any mentioning of it on the forums from anyone ?

irc and backroom chats you aren't in

Yep because its so good for the community to know that the devs associate with a specific group of players, in "Backrooms" as u say, were only a very specific group of players know were to find.

Pointing out the "professionalism" problem again here.

Communication between the Devs + The fellowship seems to happen on a daily basis according to some via chat rooms as dallane just pointed out.
Communication between the Devs + The rest of the community goes weeks / months apart(Via legit channels(forums/PM's)).

Yea i got a feeling this is going to stay some grotty little game forever, with back ally communication between a very specific group only, which is run in the same way u see privet illegal hacked servers of huge games run by 16 yr old kids in their parents basements.

Debating if this game is even worth it, due to the fact of how the devs + publishers run this game, nothing to do with the game content itself.
Retribution ~ Death comes to those who wait.

Wishy for Mod - http://forum.salemthegame.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=7783
L33LEE

Postby TeckXKnight » Fri Nov 02, 2012 11:00 pm

L33LEE wrote:Yep because its so good for the community to know that the devs associate with a specific group of players, in "Backrooms" as u say, were only a very specific group of players know were to find.

I assure you that this is not the case. Many of these concerns are brought up when the devs visit IRC or in announcement threads. Its been asked a lot and answered just as many times in the same manner. There is no backdoor, secret cabal of players that have a direct line with the devs and are holding information from everyone else. There are just players who managed to catch the devs when they weren't as busy and the information was never formally posted anywhere.

A good example would be multi-server compatibility. It's done and ready but you wouldn't know it unless you kept up with the cape thread. =)
TeckXKnight

Postby staxjax » Fri Nov 02, 2012 11:03 pm

As far as I know, the developers dont really talk to anybody about what they are working on or what their plans are.
Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most - Ozzy Osbourne

Confirmed retards: Nimmeth, Claeyt, MycroSparks
staxjax

Postby Dallane » Sat Nov 03, 2012 12:02 am

L33LEE wrote:Yep because its so good for the community to know that the devs associate with a specific group of players, in "Backrooms" as u say, were only a very specific group of players know were to find.

Pointing out the "professionalism" problem again here.

Communication between the Devs + The fellowship seems to happen on a daily basis according to some via chat rooms as dallane just pointed out.
Communication between the Devs + The rest of the community goes weeks / months apart(Via legit channels(forums/PM's)).

Yea i got a feeling this is going to stay some grotty little game forever, with back ally communication between a very specific group only, which is run in the same way u see privet illegal hacked servers of huge games run by 16 yr old kids in their parents basements.

Debating if this game is even worth it, due to the fact of how the devs + publishers run this game, nothing to do with the game content itself.

Mad that Elrond didn't call you into the fellowship? Sorry we can't hear your cries, on the way to deliver the one ring to mount doom
Please click this link for a better salem forum experience

TotalyMeow wrote: Claeyt's perspective of Salem and what it's about is very different from the devs and in many cases is completely the opposite of what we believe.
Dallane

Postby TeckXKnight » Sat Nov 03, 2012 12:47 am

Dallane wrote:Mad that Elrond didn't call you into the fellowship? Sorry we can't hear your cries, on the way to deliver the one ring to mount doom

Ah, quit agitating him Dallane.
TeckXKnight

Postby ElCapitan1701 » Sat Nov 03, 2012 2:27 am

staxjax wrote:As far as I know, the developers dont really talk to anybody about what they are working on or what their plans are.

Yeah, nevertheless, I got the impression the devs are more in line with Dallane, and the old H&H hardcore community, then open for a new Salem community. They seem to do their job like a hobby, which is nice for them, and okay with me. Then they just should make a H&H2 for Dallane and his guys, tell Paradox to shut up and we are leaving to the next MMO promising a new crafting approach...
ElCapitan1701

Postby greg0418 » Sat Nov 03, 2012 3:04 am

ElCapitan1701 wrote:
staxjax wrote:As far as I know, the developers dont really talk to anybody about what they are working on or what their plans are.

Yeah, nevertheless, I got the impression the devs are more in line with Dallane, and the old H&H hardcore community, then open for a new Salem community. They seem to do their job like a hobby, which is nice for them, and okay with me. Then they just should make a H&H2 for Dallane and his guys, tell Paradox to shut up and we are leaving to the next MMO promising a new crafting approach...

holy flying *****. can you people not see that dallane is a giant troll? He has no more access to "backroom fellowship dev chats" than I do to the queen's *******.
greg0418

Postby sabinati » Sat Nov 03, 2012 3:09 am

devs (aka gandalf) only talk to frodo and samwise gamgee, rare leaked conversation log at fellowship.wikileaks.co.ck
Admin for Salem Wiki • Make suggestions or complaints in the Wiki Suggestion thread
sabinati

PreviousNext

Return to City upon a Hill