End of game for me as well

Forum for off topic and general discussion.

End of game for me as well

Postby Steve » Mon Oct 29, 2012 1:14 am

No, I haven't been killed, I still have all my stuff, my place has not been raided, nobody has scammed me - it's not one of those threads.

Still, I find me logging in less and less and when I login I harvest the crops and empty the gardening pots and logout again. I easily got all skills (didn't bother with Ascent to the Summit), got all humours into the mid 50s, built a place for my pilgrim and I'm running out of things to do.

My pilgrim didn't leave his place since days now - there's just no reason for him to do. He has everything. He doesn't know what to do with inspirationals cause he has no use for them, no sense trying to sell stuff cause he doesn't need any money, no need to search for Indian feathers cause that would mean more money he doesn't need. He has run out of goals. Why trying to improve the purity of the ore when he doesn't need any iron bars? He has no use for lockets, heh. Why doing the farming grind, baking pies and gobbling down all the stuff when the only result is that he has 2 more points in humours? Not enough of a goal - and not very exciting gameplay either.

I'm not the type of player that goes hunting for newbies in that situation, neither can I convince myself to go around stealing stuff from other people. And I wouldn't even know what to do with the stuff anyway cause I already have chests full of it, I'll probably just dump it in the nearest river. Breeding and feeding alt over alt over alt? Nah, not my thing.

It's almost like a single-player game, you "won" the game, watched the credits and then you put the game on the shelf. I do not complain - the game was free, didn't cost me a single cent. Thank you very much. Sadly, for me, the game has too little in the "staying power" department - and judging from the number of abandoned plots and that hardly anyone from my kins still logs in I reckon I'm not the only one missing this "staying power".
Steve

Re: End of game for me as well

Postby Pjotr84 » Mon Oct 29, 2012 1:20 am

If you're not much of a PvP'er, I can imagine you run out of things to do eventually. There are, however, still enough people in your area active. That Australian guy north of you, me and some people in the forest. Be sure to come back when the multi-server support has been installed and we get some contents updates.
Mushibag wrote: Pjotr confirmed racist.

RIP Gemini
Pjotr84

Postby staxjax » Mon Oct 29, 2012 1:28 am

There will be more industries and a lot more content...eventually.
Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most - Ozzy Osbourne

Confirmed retards: Nimmeth, Claeyt, MycroSparks
staxjax

Postby painhertz » Mon Oct 29, 2012 1:40 am

cAN i HAV UR STUFF?
"since i am in my 30s and could probably throw you across the room"

"Porky" Darwoth: Confusing reality and video games since 2012.......
painhertz

Postby ramuller » Mon Oct 29, 2012 1:47 am

staxjax wrote:There will be more industries and a lot more content...eventually.

This is what will bring me back. I am quite happy with where the game crafting content is now given that it is in closed beta; however, I fully expect some significant new content before the game is considered released (hopefully, it doesn't stay in a constant state of open beta).
Swordmage
ramuller

Postby Potjeh » Mon Oct 29, 2012 2:09 am

You don't have to raid innocent people to enjoy PvP, ranging can be even more challenging (ie fun).
Potjeh

Postby colesie » Mon Oct 29, 2012 3:09 am

I'm new nd I don't hurt naybody but I could use some silver if you have any?1
Beep Boop Bop
My builds (Under Occupation)
Have you given haven a try? ◕‿◕
colesie

Postby Vibe » Mon Oct 29, 2012 9:04 am

You're welcome to grind the silver for me :D
Vibe

Postby Kerryann » Mon Oct 29, 2012 9:16 am

Steve wrote:No, I haven't been killed, I still have all my stuff, my place has not been raided, nobody has scammed me - it's not one of those threads.

Still, I find me logging in less and less

It's almost like a single-player game, you "won" the game, watched the credits and then you put the game on the shelf. I do not complain - the game was free, didn't cost me a single cent. Thank you very much. Sadly, for me, the game has too little in the "staying power" department - and judging from the number of abandoned plots and that hardly anyone from my kins still logs in I reckon I'm not the only one missing this "staying power".

And same for me, i haven't even got as far as you but the motivation to do so just isn't there. It has nothing to do with the pvp aspect, i play haven, and i like permadeath, it adds to the game, it's just pure and simple boredom.
I understand more content is to be added and i sincerely hope a lot more is added to the 'start' of the game (seriously - forage, eat, forage, eat, I nearly gave up within the first week lol) but until it is, there is nothing going for Salem that keeps my interest.
I'd honestly rather battle the lag in haven, which is saying something! Esp since i only came over here, like most of us, to get away from the lag!
If the game improves i would give it another go but until then - bye guys, have fun. (lol)
Kerryann

Postby MrGemini » Mon Oct 29, 2012 9:18 am

You should think about to join a bigger village, instead of being a lonely bored Hermit. Then u will find some things to do ;)
Greetings, Gemini & Tinkababe

raven wrote:HOW MAKE FIRE ? I TRAY DIFFERENT WAY BUT I CANT MAKE FIRE
Gallient wrote:YOU NEED ASK JORB GOD MAKE FIRE, FIRE FALL FROM SKY FIRE BURN FOREST.
MrGemini

Next

Return to City upon a Hill